Would you buy a PS3 for GTA IV ?

Would you buy a PS3 to play GTAIV  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a PS3 to play GTAIV

• Yes
    • No

Hello guys, I am new to this forum but I have been a die hard GTA fan. I've owned them all from GTA 1, from London to GTA 2, GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, and about to buy a PS3 so I can enjoy the new GTA IV.

I remember back when GTA 3 came out i bought a playstation 2.. Then I got Vice City.. The reason I would like to get a PS3 is because I would like to play GTA IV since to this day am still enjoying San Andreas. Do you guys actually think it is WORTH doing so for this game, since I have heard many people felt disapointed from it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Steve

The PS3 is amazing. It feels so luxurious... the best console I have ever played on.

And for those people who will try to talk you into X-Box 360, get the console that will last longer (PS3).

But hey more people play X-Box 360. You need to decide what you want, better graphics, or more people. And I am not saying theres never anyone online for PS3 because theres always tons of people.

This topic is gettin quite fanboyish but id still say get the PS3. Its worth it, not only for GTA but for many other games too. It has the optimal performance for a console and looks best too, online is free, and IV online rocks and there are almost no glitches and lags.

im in the middle

i dont have a hd tv so graphics arent asounding on either for me.

personally i have a 360 and it is the pro, ive only had probs with it because it got thrown once. it still worked but then it got knocked over and wont play games. Im sending it out today to get it fixed hopefully

if u decide on 360 get an elite and make sure your careful with it dont put it in a bookcase or entertainment stand where it cant breath

personally i like PS 3 because of the classic controller, i always played other GTAs on PS so thats the only reason i suggest that for buying a ps3

xbox is gonna have downloadable content before PS3 if ever

Thats all i know

maybe rent one of each or play on at a friends and compare em, they should be the same game just small differences.

people say xbox breaks, ps 3 users have problems playing gta on some consoles

Personally im going to buy an elite tomarrow when i could buy a ps3. only have 2 games so thats not the reason.

I like the 360. i may get a ps3 someday but not right now

Ryan

Edited by ryrydaflyguy

Yes. If I didn't already have a PS3. I might be getting a Xbox 360 (Pro) sooner, there's this guy that my sister knows, he can give it to me for £10 including GTA IV. Of course, the larger market would be the Xbox 360, it's been around for longer and slightly cheaper. I'm not trying to sound fanboyish, but if you just want to play GTA IV, get a PS3. If you want the DLC, get a 360.

seems like every post on any game forum always has to end up in PS3 vs 360. Let it go.

you have what you have b/c you chose it. no one on either side needs to be ridiculed for their choice. stfu.

the game is worth buying a next gen system for. Plus there are a ton of other great games available for both systems as well. Go buy it

besides the PC is far superior in every way :thumbsup:

I acutally did, I saw that it was only coming out for PS3 and that other crap X-Box thing so I went out and bought a $500 PS3 for this game and MLB 08 The Show of course.

I should steal a mod stick and whoop your fanboy ass just for the bolded statement. We get it. You don't like the 360. That doesn't mean you should call it crap every fucking oppurtunity you get. I'm not a PS3 fan, but I don't go around saying that it's only a heavy brick who's only purpose is to satisfy whiny graphics whores.

I also noticed that the last time I loaded the game it took the time to download new content for it (18 mB), yes I actually shut the thing off at some point, and it's always conected to the internet.

The same with the 360. Found that out after I turned off my Xbox while it was downloading a 1.4 GB demo.

In the end, just get what suits you. If you like the controller and HD, get the PS3. If you prefer exclusive DLC, get the 360.

Edited by L-RiC

I acutally did, I saw that it was only coming out for PS3 and that other crap X-Box thing so I went out and bought a $500 PS3 for this game and MLB 08 The Show of course.

I should steal a mod stick and whoop your fanboy ass just for the bolded statement. We get it. You don't like the 360. That doesn't mean you should call it crap every fucking oppurtunity you get. I'm not a PS3 fan, but I don't go around saying that it's only a heavy brick who's only purpose is to satisfy whiny graphics whores.

I also noticed that the last time I loaded the game it took the time to download new content for it (18 mB), yes I actually shut the thing off at some point, and it's always conected to the internet.

The same with the 360. Found that out after I turned off my Xbox while it was downloading a 1.4 GB demo.

In the end, just get what suits you. If you like the controller and HD, get the PS3. If you prefer exclusive DLC, get the 360.

BOLD: That happens in the 360 aswell, in thw whole next gen ;)

DOWN WITH THE NEXT GEN

comepletely of the topic guys....

yes i think its worth buying a PS3 for GTA IV, thats one of the major reason i bought one. it has nice graphics, and a nice design, so buy it!!

and btw guys that. "ohh get the PS3 because it had HD" and "ohh get the Xbox it has DLC"

none of that matters.

the elite is now Hd compatibel, and the PS3 will sooner or later get the DLC that the Xbox gets.

so stop your whining

yes i think its worth buying a PS3 for GTA IV, thats one of the major reason i bought one. it has nice graphics, and a nice design, so buy it!!

and btw guys that. "ohh get the PS3 because it had HD" and "ohh get the Xbox it has DLC"

none of that matters.

the elite is now Hd compatibel, and the PS3 will sooner or later get the DLC that the Xbox gets.

so stop your whining

Fifty million dollars would like to have a talk with you.

none of that matters.

so stop your whining

Lol, owned.

I don't think anyone would buy a console just for a game so just stick to the console that suits you the most.

well if you want the ultimate game experience and the best online option you should get a decent pc. Although you won't get a superkickass pc for the price of ps3/360 you will however get one that is alot better than both. Now i recently got a 360 as i cannot be bothered to wait for pc release and want the exclusive content. (btw ps3 will not get content, if it does it wont be same, and by time it does get any if it does chances are pc version will be out hence modding will have begun and no one will really care too much). By the way when i say ultimate game experience i mean for all games in general not just for gta 4. and i totally agree with what people have been saying if you look after your 360 it will not break.

Believe me, for the price of a PC, you could get a more than capable PC.

@ the guy who said about the Xbox having HD DVD, that fails, because bluray pretty much owned it in the format war.

The thing is, some people swear by the ps3, and some by the 360, it's really up to them. The xbox built a large proportion of it's fanbase from it's early release, they same the later ps3 as an 'intruder', something to try and dampen the success of the xbox.

[corresponding / appropriate metaphor for ps3 here]

Believe me, for the price of a PC, you could get a more than capable PC.

@ the guy who said about the Xbox having HD DVD, that fails, because bluray pretty much owned it in the format war.

The thing is, some people swear by the ps3, and some by the 360, it's really up to them. The xbox built a large proportion of it's fanbase from it's early release, they same the later ps3 as an 'intruder', something to try and dampen the success of the xbox.

[corresponding / appropriate metaphor for ps3 here]

I would guess the PS3 is like some metal band from the 80s performing a comeback tour. Like Sony was depending more on the past Playstations' immense fanbase for the PS3's success. Y'know, instead of getting as much exclusives as it can.

EDIT: Then again, I may be totally off-base and off-topic. :P

Edited by L-RiC

none of that matters.

so stop your whining

what do you mean with that?

it has been confirmed that the same DLC will come for PS3 after the xbox release

Edited by frontier