Social Life

rockstarrem

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty big bump, how's everyone's social life?

Mine's not even as active as last years. I hang out with an even tighter pack out of school, but we all have a strong friendship. At school, I don't talk to all the people I talked to last year, but all the new people I've met make up for the ones I don't talk to anymore.

I like the people I've kept friendships with and the new friends I've aquired a lot more than last years friends, so all in all I'm pretty satisfied with my social life. I just still haven't checked of the box that says get a girlfriend.

It's shit.

Not because I have bad social skills, I mean they're not great but not bad either, it's just that I only meet assholes so I just rather be on my own. I do have some pretty good friends, mostly family....

I know what you mean. For the most part, I don't relate to most of the people around where I live.

I used to be really good mates with the people who live near me. Now they're either moved away, assholes, or turned into hermits. I keep in contact mostly with old friends or people I knew at high school, but I hang around most with the people at college, since they're the people I see nearly everyday. (Well, that's with the exception of my GF)

Yeah, I'm not really bothered about it though, my social life is good enough for me as it is, and I find it strangely easy to let go of things that happen in the past and forget about the. I guess I figure they've happened now and shit can't be changed. I don't find it hard to meet new people, anyway. When i start at a new college / school / whatever, I always think that I won't fit in or w/e, but it's always just really painless. I tend to just get stuck with people I can get to know and be mates with.

I suppose the bottom line is, I'm equally happy whatever I do. Being with family, Being with mates, Being alone, Being with GF. I suppose that makes me easy - going?

Things are going pretty smooth recently. I'm hoping to see my friends this week, and hopefully will be able to chill out with them for a while, but damn, most of them are having exams at the moment, which is lame considering they're spending more time in staying in and revising, yet they aren't even learning it fully. I guess A-Levels are hard to do, but my friends seem to be doing well in it - well most of them. A few of my friends are doing the same as me, which is a BTEC, hopefully I'll get to see them soon, whenever the time is right. I see a few of my friends at college too, ones from my old school mainly, but they've got new friends, and some of them are pretty busy nowadays.

But yeah, it's the start of 2009, things are already starting to heat up through my college, and my social status isn't as balanced as it was back in school. And yes, I do meet some assholes (Some were my friends at school), but once I got to know them, they didn't act like assholes, more like great friends, even if they did mess about, they were very supportive to me either way.

So yeah, I'm at the moment having things smooth with my social status, but I presume it's going to change through the next few weeks, but I feel happy the way things are and will be towards the end of college this year, then things will be smooth for a very, very long time...

My social life is pants since I moved. I don't go out anymore as I have no friends in Brighton. I am not too bothered as I am moving to Cardiff next year for university so I should make friends and have a social life then. I don't miss my old social life as I got annoyed and bored of the amount of drugs people were taking, espically as they were monged out most of time. So I would actually prefer to be alone for the year.