Exclusive Content coming to PS3!

• 1 month later...

The deal was that the 360 recieved two exclusive DLC packages. If Rockstar choose to make, for example, an extra cars DLC package then it is upto them what consoles they release it on. So yes, this doesn't exclude the possibility of Sony's PS3 getting some form of DLC too. But honestly I don't see Rockstar choosing to make any more DLC after this second set of DLC for the 360, would seem that they would want to start progress on their next GTA title.

Hmm the more I see this topic on other forums, it makes me think that this is not true. Microsoft Payed Rockstar 50,000,000. Let me phrase that " FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS!?"

So yeah, I think this is not true. The Achievements had came out before the trophies. That means the Impossible Trinity Trophy is just a "huh?". So Sony got here late and got the ass in the face. :(

Yes... 50 mill which they can add more to if they simply do some additional (different) DLC's for the PS3 as well... And I'm sure after the velocity of this game they will be waiting a while for the next GTA. They'd probably want to keep watch of all the other games and consoles being released and new technology being discovered.

EDIT: While researching for TBOGT stuff, I found this:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/%E2%80%9Ce...D-says-take-two

I'm constantly getting updates from RSS feeds and mailing lists about this type of stuff so I'll post more info if I get it first ;)

For now I'll be posting the title 'Agent' on my website. Really looking forward to this as it sounds really exciting :D The title makes sense!!

Btw, it's not a DLC ;)

Edited by Deji

I feel Mpilk hit the nail on the head. Any more DLC, which could take months to make, wouldn't be worth it if it gets in the way of development for the next GTA. You know, I haven't played GTA4 in like 4 months now, so it doesn't really bother me. And, the $50 million is a good selling point to remain exclusive for Microsoft. They probably wouldn't get as much cash from Sony.

Edited by Bateman.

I feel Mpilk hit the nail on the head. Any more DLC, which could take months to make, wouldn't be worth it if it gets in the way of development for the next GTA. You know, I haven't played GTA4 in like 4 months now, so it doesn't really bother me. And, the $50 million is a good selling point to remain exclusive for Microsoft. They probably wouldn't get as much cash from Sony.

Seriously? Sony is everywhere. They even sell bateries. You probably have at least 5 things in your house made by sony... The only reason Microsoft makes more is the price they put their products at... Which is not as good in value as sony items. And why does everyone think that this would mean they'd stop making exclusives for the Xbox aswell? Can't they have 2 different exclusives that go to different companies? As I said, it all depends on the contract. If Microsoft said that they couldn't offer other exclusives to other companies than theirs on the contract, fair enough. But besides from that I don't think there is anything stopping Rockstar from doing this.

Seriously? Sony is everywhere. They even sell bateries. You probably have at least 5 things in your house made by sony... The only reason Microsoft makes more is the price they put their products at... Which is not as good in value as sony items. And why does everyone think that this would mean they'd stop making exclusives for the Xbox aswell? Can't they have 2 different exclusives that go to different companies? As I said, it all depends on the contract. If Microsoft said that they couldn't offer other exclusives to other companies than theirs on the contract, fair enough. But besides from that I don't think there is anything stopping Rockstar from doing this.

Ok are you actually listening to us? This isn't about which company has more money or what value their products are that. The deal with Microsoft and Rockstar was that the Xbox360 recieved two exclusive DLC packages. THATS IT. We don't need to see the contract because that's what the deal was. Were saying that if Rockstar chose to make any more DLC then it could come out on whatever consoles they want but it's unlikely that they would release more because they would want to get started on their next GTA game.

Ok are you actually listening to us? This isn't about which company has more money or what value their products are that. The deal with Microsoft and Rockstar was that the Xbox360 recieved two exclusive DLC packages. THATS IT. We don't need to see the contract because that's what the deal was. Were saying that if Rockstar chose to make any more DLC then it could come out on whatever consoles they want but it's unlikely that they would release more because they would want to get started on their next GTA game.

Exactly what I'm trying to say with the exception that I figure Rockstar might want to spend some time researching and speculating the market and new technology before they jump straight in with another project. I reckon it won't come immediately, just like what's happened with all the rest of the GTA's so far... There's always been at least a few months wait. I could imagine how they'd feel if they figured out something that would make the game great after they'd already finished it half way :lolbounce: So I reckon, whatever the answer is, it's a matter of time to find out.

Anyway, as I posted earlier... Rockstar ARE making exclusives for the PS3. That doesn't neccessarily mean DLC's for GTA IV. I think this rumor occured from that fact and how eager PS3 owners are to have their share of exclusives from Rockstar. Like it matters anyway. Having both consoles is the only way to win. Also, if Agent is as good as Rockstar says it's gonna be and I heard they're saying it'll top GTA as their new frenchise... I don't think we should worry about Rockstar making the next GTA instead of making some PS3 DLC's... Since they already have their hands full if they wanna make this game great. It's pretty exciting to me tbh... :thumbsup:

Someone should make a topic on Agent but I'm too tired atm since it's 10:28 AM and I didn't sleep...

Exactly what I'm trying to say with the exception that I figure Rockstar might want to spend some time researching and speculating the market and new technology before they jump straight in with another project. I reckon it won't come immediately, just like what's happened with all the rest of the GTA's so far... There's always been at least a few months wait. I could imagine how they'd feel if they figured out something that would make the game great after they'd already finished it half way :lolbounce: So I reckon, whatever the answer is, it's a matter of time to find out.

Anyway, as I posted earlier... Rockstar ARE making exclusives for the PS3. That doesn't neccessarily mean DLC's for GTA IV. I think this rumor occured from that fact and how eager PS3 owners are to have their share of exclusives from Rockstar. Like it matters anyway. Having both consoles is the only way to win. Also, if Agent is as good as Rockstar says it's gonna be and I heard they're saying it'll top GTA as their new frenchise... I don't think we should worry about Rockstar making the next GTA instead of making some PS3 DLC's... Since they already have their hands full if they wanna make this game great. It's pretty exciting to me tbh... :thumbsup:

Someone should make a topic on Agent but I'm too tired atm since it's 10:28 AM and I didn't sleep...

To be honest R* are a company, like all companies they want to make a profit, DLC is a good way to advertise their product but if they just keep releasing DLC then they wont make much money, I don't see them releasing too many more DLC packages on any platform, personally I would like to see the current DLC on PC (which we all know wont happen due to the contract they have with MS) but more than that I would like to see a new GTA

Edited by Lee-1991

• 4 months later...

Funny thing, on a recent Gametrailers TV, Jeronimo Barrera said that GTA IV is over. So no more DLC will happen. On top of that, the fact that MS paid 50 mill for the content and the fact the Chris was told PS3 gets squat makes me call bullshit. So content for the abomination that is PS3 Home, is the most likely, which I still doubt.