Exclusive Content coming to PS3!

Grand Theft Auto IV

PS3 Downloadable Content Confirmed

As we know, the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV will be getting exclusive downloadable content after the game's release.

An article in the latest version of PlayStation World Magazine states that the PS3 will be getting downloadable content.

This information comes straight from GTA 4's senior developer, Jeronimo Barrera.

No details are given, too bad;

but that is already very good news.

The article talks about two possible scenarios:

1. Microsoft paid for earlier exclusivity but the PS3 will eventually get the same thing.

2. (A more realistic scenario) The downloadable content will be in the PlayStation Home unlockables.

As almost every game from now will have some sort of Home-integration, such as game-themed wallpapers, furniture, and more.)

So, good news PS3 owners!!

I've heard this as well from the playstation network magazine, as my friend showed me.

PS3 will have its own form of content, when xbox 360 gets its own form of content which are episodic packs avaliable through XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE in August 2008.

I have a 360 and I think the 360 content will be better, MS payed $50 million is half that cost to make the game(e.g $100 million) as Chris82 above previously said.

Edited by Bulletproofboy

In my opinion i think the PS3 will get the DLC later on than the xbox 360 DLC. I aren't sure but i think that MS are paying the extra money for it to be exclusive for about a month or two until the PS3 DLC is released. I would still think that both versions of the DLC will be the same because if a character is killed in the xbox 360 version, the ps3 players wouldn't know anything about what had happened and its all got to end the same to make sense for the next GTA.

In my opinion i think the PS3 will get the DLC later on than the xbox 360 DLC. I aren't sure but i think that MS are paying the extra money for it to be exclusive for about a month or two until the PS3 DLC is released. I would still think that both versions of the DLC will be the same because if a character is killed in the xbox 360 version, the ps3 players wouldn't know anything about what had happened and its all got to end the same to make sense for the next GTA.

Who the hell would pay $50 million to have exclusivity for a month? As for your last point, whatever happens in GTA 4 will more than likely not affect the sequel story-wise. Those two packs are more than likely staying on the 360, maybe for around a year, maybe forever.

It would be funny if it was just some simple Home stuff, PS3 owners would be fucking gutted. :P

I have actually seen the article he is talking about but it doesn't look too credible. And until R* say otherwise (remember that I was told by R* employee to my face that PS3 was getting nothing) I'm not going to post and get people's hopes up because it wouldn't be fair.

In all likelihood I think there definitely will be Home stuff for the game, but I really don't think PS3 will get anything along the scale of what 360 will be getting. Unless of course MS did pay for an exclusivity period, but that must be pretty long I think. So yeah... don't get your hopes up just yet.

I'm not believing this until I see the magazine myself (which I'll never get) or a scan.

Don't get your hopes up yet. They were always saying "There will only be DLC for the Xbox 360..." and others said otherwise. This just adds to the build-up of those news.

You just don't know who to trust.

I agree. We will just have to wait.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
They paid 50 million for 2 episodes, there could be a third in the future, who knows.

For real? It's that true? 2 episodes? :pissedred:

OMG!!! Now I have thoughts of buying a eXbox :| :-< 2 episodes of gta4 on :thumbsdown: M$ :bashhead: I hope that's not real!

It is true. And yes, the Xbox 360 will be getting another DLC pack similiar to TLaD.

Me is jealous :(

What? Something in me still don't believe that >.<

Something is dying in me :(( I feel betrayed by M$, I feel now like getting 5 shotguns and rampaging the headcorter of m$ :pissedred:

I just wonder a thing, HOW THE F$#% CAN M$ DO THAT TO SONY, AND SPECIALLY US, AND WHY IN THE HELL'S NAME R* ACCEPTED THIS S^%#??? :|

OMG, I'm feeling dizzy right now, my head... oh god, 2 episodes that we will miss! :bashhead:

I hope R* will release for ps3 a episode at least :(

Oh well, I guess TLaD ep. I'll watch him on you%^$$ or a site with the missions coes I saw there are posted on net, but it's hard, I even might cry! :((