Help PS3 Loading and Multyplayer Promblem

Hey I have GTA on a 60gig PS3 and I know theres been things going around the net about how to fix it but I have done everything but still doesnt work. Sometimes I start the game and once all the graphics loading pages come up its stuck on the letters that say "loading and the mission im on" so I have to restart my entire PS3 not to mention everytime I play online in GTA it always says "lost connection to one or more player" and so I can't do anything but stay in that little lobby place can't play. Wondering if anyone else knows anything about this or has had this problem Thanks alot

Hey I have GTA on a 60gig PS3 and I know theres been things going around the net about how to fix it but I have done everything but still doesnt work. Sometimes I start the game and once all the graphics loading pages come up its stuck on the letters that say "loading and the mission im on" so I have to restart my entire PS3 not to mention everytime I play online in GTA it always says "lost connection to one or more player" and so I can't do anything but stay in that little lobby place can't play. Wondering if anyone else knows anything about this or has had this problem Thanks alot

Yep mine sometimes freezes on ''Loading - Mission Name'' thing as well. Not that annoying, But a fix or anything would be great.

Edited by Dmac_91

Mine just started doing that today

its really pissing me off how i payed for this game, expecting it to be amazing and it freezes continuosly

i have an 80G PS3, which i though it would run well on

i really dont want to have to delete save game data so ive just tried deleting the games install data and its loading it again now

ill see how that turns out

i have had both of them. i just get loading ... THE HOLLAND PLAY. started today tryed it on my brothers ps3 so its not the ps3. i no 5 people on my psn list who still has the problem. and only i can do a party mode but i carnt do any of the other games with out it discenecting

It happened to me so much I just got fed up with it and brought it back to Best Buy and exchanged for a new one and the dam thing still does it so it's eitehr the game itself or my PS3. Hope a patch is comming

Any help would be greatly appriciated

EDIT: If you sign off of the PSN before you start gta it will load fine. Theres something wrong with the servers right now thats causing the freezing even loading the single player. Rumors are that they are ramping up the servers on Monday so hope it's true. Again sign off the PSN then start game without being signed in and you will be able to play single player. If you want to try signing in from your cellphone it works sometimes too.

Edited by cbanksy9

It's an easy fix to get around the freezing on the loading screen.

The cd has to not be in the PS3 when you start up the PS3. Once the PS3 has started up, then put the disc in and it will load normally every time.

You just have to eject the CD every time you're done playing. Then, when you want to play again, just re-insert the cd AFTER the PS3 has loaded up / started. Not too big of a hassle, but still a minor inconvenience.

As for the multiplayer, I can't comment because I haven't had any trouble with it yet.

*edit* I just wanted to share how I do it. Since I'm playing GTA4 almost exclusively right now on my PS3, when I'm done, I leave the disc in. However, I don't turn the actual power off, I just hold the PS button on the controller, and choose the Turn System Off option, when I'm done. That puts the PS3 into standby mode / essentially turns it off. Then instead of using the power button or PS button to turn the system back on, I use the eject button. The disc is ejected, and the PS3 turns itself on and loads up without the GTA4 disc. Then I simply put the GTA4 disc in, and it loads perfectly every time, no freezing.

Edited by DOC_JJ

• 2 weeks later...