Offical F U UPS/Fedex/DHL Shipping Service thread

This topic is for those of us that got completely owned by UPS, Fedex, or DHL.

I pre-ordered GTAIV last April from EBgames, using UPS's 2nd day air service. They shipped to my home town of West Chester yesterday and arrived this morning. The tracking number says it's out for delivery, but because I ordered 2nd day, they're holding it until tomorrow.

"Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 04/30/2008. "

I can't even intercept the package because it's actually on a truck driving around town. What the fuck?

Yes it's only one more day I'll have to wait, but this is GTA we're talking about.

I'll just quote this from PS3Forums.com where I originally posted it. Never again, Amazon.ca/Canada Post. Never again.

After you delayed Gran Turismo 5 Prologue by about 4 days, you said it would never happen again. Well... it did. I wasn't as hyped for Prologue and as I am for Grand Theft Auto IV and now I may not be able to play it until May 5th.

Here's the story.

I pre-ordered Grand Theft Auto IV from Amazon.ca back in December 2007 and it shipped Monday, April 28th, 2008. Canada Post says 1-3 business days for express shipping, which would make the delivery date either today (April 30th) or tomorrow (May 1st). I was pretty ecstatic to be guaranteed the ability to play Grand Theft Auto IV over the weekend. Well... I guess hyped killed me because now the shipment is delayed. The package is in St. John's (the capital city of the province) which isn't that far away and they are saying that now I must wait until Monday, May 5th to receive it. Wow, so that's three extra business days to drive a few hundred kilometers?

Thinking this must be a mistake, I called Canada Post. Here's a hint for the people thinking about calling Canada Post. Don't. You won't get anywhere. After waiting on hold for a few minutes, I spoke to a person who I won't name, no matter how tempting it really, really is. Someone was a little cranky and she went to her supervisor while I waited for an additional 20 minutes on hold. She came back and said that because there was flooding in St. John, New Brunswick, I wouldn't get my package. Oh, and apparently there was flooding in St. John's, Newfoundland too! Wow, didn't see that yesterday when I was there.

Maybe Canada Post should get their cities right because St. John, New Brunswick and St. John's, Newfoundland aren't the same city... and it would be really ironic if they were both flooding at the same time. But wait... they are the same city? I guess I'm pretty stupid considering I'm from St. John's (Newfoundland).

Yeah, so while there's flooding 1000km away in New Brunswick, my parcel is delayed in Newfoundland (which is past New Brunswick and is where I live). My package is coming from the west and flew over NB yesterday fine. Take a look at this picture. The black dot is St. John's (Newfoundland) and the pointer is pointing to New Brunswick.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6067/saintjohneo8.jpg

So yeah. It's not only GTA I'm worried about. I have several other more important packages that I absolutely need for school on Friday that I probably won't get for another week thanks to Canada Post.

So much for priority customer service, Canada Post. Oh, and with that horribly expensive amount of money you charge to ship a small parcel, maybe you should buy your customer service representatives and supervisors some Canadian geography books. The 2 year old down the street knows more about New Brunswick than they do.

*wipes sweat off face* That feels better.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=136892 Edited by ~NeonFire372~

ohhhh noooo!!

i live in mexico, in cabo san lucas, and i bought GTA4 from amazon to,

and its says that my game , was shiped april 30, and will arrive may 2, and from what you said neonfire372, that canada post sucks , the mail here in mexico is worst 100 times, so it will be delay to , well i dontknow ,, i still hoping that i get it may 2 ,,..

Mamma Kitty pre-ordered for me too, 1 Special Edition as a collector item & 1 regular to play.

To play first thing on Tuesday I was in line at the local Wal-Mart to have a copy because both of mine were 4 states

away & wandering. Now I have 3 copies. Will probably give the 3rd one to sister & her fiance'.

To (SCR)UPS, I have this.....

marsupilami.jpg

Edited by Urbanoutlaw