Radio Theory Is Back...yes...again...

For those that aren't familiar with my "Radio Theory", you could read it below. The "Radio Theory" is something I came up with way back when, around the time Vice City was still in it's prime. The basic idea of it is that if you listen to the radio stations Rockstar puts in their Grand Theft Auto games, that you'll find out what the next location is.

After only playing GTAIV for roughly two hours, I've heard them mention Ohio and Las Venturas. So if my theory is correct, then the next location will be either based on Ohio, in Las Venturas or possibly another place that is mentioned on one of the radio stations GTAIV has. So keep your ears open and listen for those locations!

This here is my own theory that I thought up a while back in 2002/2003. This theory is called The Grand Theft Auto Radio Theory. Now first off this "Easter Egg" wasn't in GTA III but was thought to be when Carcer City was mentioned on one of Liberty City's radio stations. Carcer City was the location of Rockstar's own Manhunt video game. Later after Rockstar found out that fans thought Carcer City was the next Grand Theft Auto location, they began to only hint at future Grand Theft Auto locations, in their Grand Theft Auto games, instead of locations in any and all their future game locations. In between the years 2002 and 2003, I was listening to Vice City’s radio station K-Chat, hosted by Leyna Weber, better known as Amy Sheckenhausen, her in game name. While I was listening I heard a caller ask BJ Smith, Vice City Mambas star tight end, “How did you beat San Andreas in that last game?”. At this time I didn’t realize that “San Andreas” was the next Grand Theft Auto game’s location.

Then in 2004 I heard that the next Grand Theft Auto game was announced to have the location San Andreas. The name rang a bell but I just figured I was thinking of the famous San Andreas Fault. Then around the middle of 2004, just a few months before the release of San Andreas, I was playing the newest Grand Theft Auto game out at the time, Vice City. Once again I heard the caller asking BJ that same question and I remembered when I heard it before the news of San Andreas. Then at that time I just thought of it as being a coincidence.

After purchasing San Andreas on its release date, I played it for about a week or two straight. During that time I was listening to one of San Andreas’s radio stations, WCTR talk radio. Yet again I heard them talk about another location, but this location was familiar to the Grand Theft Auto community, Liberty City, which was the location of Rockstar’s earlier Grand Theft Auto game, Grand Theft Auto III. If this was a new location and not an old one I would have thought that this too was the next location for Rockstar’s famous Grand Theft Auto Series. Since it was not a new location I didn’t think this was the next location but in 2005 Liberty City Stories was announced to be released later that year.

Now that there are two coincidences with this radio thing I decided to pay close attention to Liberty City Stories radio stations. Just a week after playing the game I heard Lazlow, Vice City’s old VRock radio station DJ, talking about the good days back in the old “VC”, which is an abbreviation used by Grand Theft Auto fans standing for obviously Vice City. Right there I was amazed to think that this could possibly be once again the location of the next Grand Theft Auto game, because of the fact that Vice City was my favorite location out of the Grand Theft Auto games.

March of 2006 Rockstar filed three different trade marks for the name Vice City Stories, one of them being a video game title. At this time I knew for a fact that Vice City Stories was the next game while other fans thought that they were just protecting “possible titles”. May 10th 2006 Rockstar officially announced Vice City Stories as their next Grand Theft Auto game to be released later that year on October 17th, later changed to October 31st.

These were three coincidences that I think are actually little hints that Rockstar likes to leave for Grand Theft Auto fans to find. So if you believe this to be a true hint that Rockstar leaves make sure to listen to their future Grand Theft Auto radio stations for those next game location hints.

Created by Dan Fox A.K.A. Original GTA Master

Also, in GTA3, there is that last Ray mission "Marked Man" when you have to drive Ray to the airport. Then he sends you a message on your pager, phone or wtf that thing Claude has, in which he says that he is going to Vice City. I'm not sure but I think he also says "See you there".

Also, in GTA3, there is that last Ray mission "Marked Man" when you have to drive Ray to the airport. Then he sends you a message on your pager, phone or wtf that thing Claude has, in which he says that he is going to Vice City. I'm not sure but I think he also says "See you there".

Good find, but that isn't from the radio, although it could still be looked at as a clue, which it obviously was.

Well, your theory will be very hard to prove this time. GTA IV has many more radio stations and more hours on each one so all I can say is good luck and I support your theory, but I doubt they'll go to Ohio. MAYBE LV, but I don't really think so.

Well I also said that they mention Las Venturas...so you never know, they might focus on a huge realistic scale of Las Vegas.

I DON'T mean this as an insult at all, but I'm just wondering, has any of these been right? It's just a wondering question.

...Well if you haven't noticed, San Andreas was the game after Vice City, Liberty City was the next location after San Andreas, Vice City was the next location after Liberty City Stories and Liberty City was the next location after Vice City Stories.

How else am I supposed to prove to you that those locations were featured in the games following prior games???