Total-Junks PS2 GTA Anti-Lag and memory card top tips.

Hi there, this is my first post on this forum! I made this thread because the PS2 can be quite laggy at times and I have some great tips to help! Also it has some tips for saved games not loading.

Ok first, if you game is starting to lag, glitch, jump etc. Then check the disc. If you see any notable scratches wipe it with your top or something smooth. Now if its still does not work and you can't get your hands a commercial disc cleaner then use WD-40. Now this may seem strange using WD-40 to clean discs but it does work!

Shortlist - "You can fix scratched vinyl LPs with a squirt of WD-40. It should stop the track skipping and as it’s non-silicone based will not erode the vinyl. You can also use it to repair scratched computer games or Audio"

Source - http://www.shortlist.com/ShortList.aspx?Id=268&sec=2

Okay, the game is working, you are about to play on it and your memory card is not detected, at this point you may be felling a bit frustrated but I have a few tips for you. First if it does not show up in the PS2 browser then put it in slot 2. If it shows but you can't access anything then I may know the problem. The pins in the memory card (also applys to USB's, mouse PS2 ports, and keyboard PS2 ports, not on your PS2 thats what the ports are called on your computer) are vital, if one of them gets bent or one of them fall's out you have a problem. If you put it in slot 2 and it fits perfectly and then you put it in slot 1 and it is loose then one of the pins has either been bent or fallen out. Take a look at the pins carefully and if you see the problem, turn your PS2 off, unplug it and get a screwdriver and try and bend it back over, if a pin has fallen out, get a new memory card go to a friends house copy your old files onto your new memory card. Now put the old memory card in the broken slot, then put the new memory card in slot 2 and then you can load from slot 2. (Sometimes you can not load saved files from slot 2 alone)

Source - http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-1...lease-Help.html

Now you have sorted that out and it STILL is laggy, now this is a tip that I found while playing Killzone because it is a demanding game for the PS2 it lags ALOT, now on the PS2 browser somewhere in the options there will be disc speed, you need to change that to the highest you can get and the game will read faster and will hopefully eliminate most if not all lag. I am not sure but this may shorten the life of your PS2.

Source - Me :)

I will get more detailed information on the third tip as soon as possible.

Edited by Total-Junk