Why there isnt a GTA 3 Beta edition released in stores

Husky

Most of you guys may of heard of GTA 3 (Beta). I found a reason why there isnt a beta edition to it. Its because of one of the characters. Rockstar has deleted two characters out. Darkel and Curtly. Obviously we have no idea who Curtly is but Rockstar hasn't released the problem why the game has been canceld. The character 'Darkel' a homeless guy who lived under the Callahan Bridge, has orderd Claude to steal an Ice Cream Truck then arm it with a bomb then attrack childern, then blow them up. In another mission Darkel orderd Claude to go to the Elementary school ( that has been replaced with the local Hospital ) steal a School Bus, arm it with a bomb and pick up the children and bomb the bus. Which is a simularaty that you murder children in the game. Also in the beta game before you even play the game Rockstar lets you choose a name for Claude.

Claude wasnt realy the main character of the game. Rockstar replaced the 'real character' Novy, seen in the youtube video

. In the beta edition the game play looks just like the Simpsons Hit and Run. There were also two deleted cars called the Panto and the Diablo (Original). And here is some pictures of the gameplay here.

Heres one when Claude jackes the Cheetah, and notice that the punk noodles is replaced with two statues.

Here is another on the fist mission 'Give me Liberty' notice that there is a school bus in the backround.

Here is a picture of Claude running in the middle of the street, notice that Claude has a odd looking Face. Plus Claude never ment to have a name. Rockstar mentioned a name for him when Maria called him Fido on one mission.

I doubt R* would sell a "Beta" version of their games, they're pretty insistent on quality.

I think Claude was supposed to put the ice cream trick by a police station. The Darkel strand ended w/ Claude flying a

plane into a building. GTA3 was originally set for release in late 2001, then 9/11 happened & R* decided to radically

overhaul the game, removing kids & old people & clipping the Dodo's wings.

So far the Darkel script code hasn't surfaced.

the name "Claude " was used somewhere inside the game, when that came out (probably found in the course of a

script mod) it just stuck.

You can also see the nose of a LCPD car in the school bus pic. The Bus probably got a makeover after 9/11 & I think the

cop car was definitely re-made. NYPD took a huge hit that day. As for the other cars, it's an ongoing process getting them

ready for the release. It'd be nice if the models showed up for mods.

In the GTA III Data files, Some guy found something which you could originally enter your own name, DEFNAM. the value for it was "Claude"

Also, In SA, Catalina mentions claude on several phone convo's...also, His surname, speed, came from GTA 2, which the character was Claude Speed.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Still killing children not killing children, I think you should be able to just for the fact that the game was supposed to make you feel free and just because of 9/11 we shouldn't loose freedoms in a VIDEOGAME. Now I could understand if Liberty City looked somewhat like NYC but it doesn't and I could understand if Liberty City was called NYC but it's not.

• 10 months later...

O RLY?

Well, anyone can say that he or she is a R* employee, while he/she actually isn't (I don't even need to say this, do I? ¬¬')

Also, that Youtube user "gtasamods" is a Brazillian user who only has one video. And it's about a modded car in San Andreas! O.o()

And finally, congrats, you bumped a 10-month old topic for nothing ¬¬().

• 5 weeks later...