GTA IV is gold, new information revealed

chris82

Grand Theft Auto IV is finally finished and ready to go.

During Take-Two's shareholder's meeting earlier today, it was announced that GTA IV has "gone gold," and according to Take-Two CEO Ben Feder,

[Grand Theft Auto IV is] in production and in trucks en route to retailers.

This is certainly good news as it ends any rumor of delay or intervention by Electronic Arts, who attempted multiple times to buy Take-Two to make a profit on Grand Theft Auto IV.

New information about the game was also revealed when Lazlow was interviewed on the Opie and Anthony show today:

• The Xbox 360's downloadable content is confirmed to contain new missions, new characters, and new comedy acts.
  • You can use the in-game websites to go on dates with people in the game.
  • If Niko is shot in the leg, he will realistically limp and bleed from the location of the wound.

Much more information is revealed in the show, listen to it below!

Sources:

Grand Theft Auto IV golden, already in transit

Part One and Part Two of Lazlow on Opie and Anthony

is this for england? or america of both?

Everywhere most probs. Anyways Im glad because for Game I know which delivery van it is and what time they deliver so im gonna have to set up a heist lol only joking

I just need to go and assemble a team and buy some balaclavas... j/k. This sounds good though, I envy you 360 owners. :P

my delivery estimate is on the 24th :) , i'm on the very first batch from amazon that i pre-ordered like 10 months ago. shipping estimate is the 23rd and delivery is the 24th. so i ( hopefully ) only have 6 days.. soon to be 5 days to wait for it to be in me hands.. if i get it i'll let you lot know and take some pictures with me mobile.

edit:

if they are being shipped now.. to retailers then it could actually happen for 24th.

Edited by mark123

I just love the fact that EA actually thought that Take-two would sell their business, and hence one of the biggest games EVER!!!

:clapping: Gotta luv em for trying!!! :clapping:

Can't blame them for trying, GTAIV is estimated to sell 100 million copies, priced at 60$ each, making about 4 billion dollars (after taxes, production costs, covering salaries of those who worked on it for 4-5 years and taxes and other stuff).

I just love the fact that EA actually thought that Take-two would sell their business, and hence one of the biggest games EVER!!!

:clapping: Gotta luv em for trying!!! :clapping:

Can't blame them for trying, GTAIV is estimated to sell 100 million copies, priced at 60$ each, making about 4 billion dollars (after taxes, production costs, covering salaries of those who worked on it for 4-5 years and taxes and other stuff).

You can't blame them,

but EA were offering them $2billion. If what you say about $4billion dollars is right (if that's $4billion AFTER expenditures/tax etc, that's amazin!!), then they offered 50% of the earning potential for just ONE of their games!!

Not a chance they'd sell.

Also, the interviews sound wicked. They sound like it's just such a fun game to play and the level of detail they described is just awsome.

ROLE ON 29TH APRIL!!

Best £40 i ever spent!! :thumbsup:

Don't expect to get it on the 24th, I REALLY doubt that'd happen. Possibly the 28th at the earliest as Amazon sometimes sends things out slightly early, but no way would Rockstar, Microsoft, or Sony allow it to be out five days early.

i honestly dont expect it to, but will be sweet if it does. but like i'll said i'll let you know what happens with it

Edited by mark123