does anybody know how to

Billy993

hey fellas i cant get sami working so i am sticking to IMG tool. as you know when you download a car mod it comes with the .dff and the .txd files specifying a vehicle, does anybody know if possible, how to make them replace another vehicle instead of the one it says you have too?

oh and can you save modded cars in a garage? or does that crash your game?

any help is much appreciated thanks guys

You must rename the dff. and txd. of the modified files to match the car you want.Then extract the original files to a folder so if you want to reinstall them.Then add them in as a normal,rebuild archive,and walla.Thats how I got my bigfoot and yeti homies =)

alright ill try that thanks man and haha bigfoot and yeti thats fresh as

You must rename the dff. and txd. of the modified files to match the car you want.Then extract the original files to a folder so if you want to reinstall them.Then add them in as a normal,rebuild archive,and walla.Thats how I got my bigfoot and yeti homies =)

ohh btw do you have to rename everything e.g the carmods and carcols?

hey fellas i cant get sami working so i am sticking to IMG tool. as you know when you download a car mod it comes with the .dff and the .txd files specifying a vehicle, does anybody know if possible, how to make them replace another vehicle instead of the one it says you have too?

oh and can you save modded cars in a garage? or does that crash your game?

any help is much appreciated thanks guys

All you have to do if you're using IMG Tool is to highlight the file (dff/txd) you want to change, choose 'Replace', then choose the file you want to replace it with. Names don't matter when done this way. The only times it will matter is if you deleted the original from the .img file first or if you're adding a new file that's normally not part of the .img file.

Yes, you can save mod cars in a garage. The game still thinks it's the same car as the old one. You can even have a car in a garage that gets modded later and when you open the door after, there's the modded one. Just one thing to watch for though... Never mod a car that you previously changed in one of the auto shops and then saved in a garage unless you're absolutely sure that the parts you added to the old one will work with the new one. For example, I have several Elegys that I took to Arch Angel's and added all the goodies (spoiler, etc.) to. If I were to later change the Elegy to a Skyline mod and then go open the garage door, the game will crash! This is because the extra parts weren't compatible with the Skyline mod. Things like that must be specifically encoded in the 3d model of the vehicle. Cars with the standard add-ons from Transfender SHOULD be safe though - things like bass boost, nitro, etc..

And don't mess with the original names in any other files or you'll have trouble! The only exception is the american.gxt file's entry for the vehicle.