Don't you find it strange?

Don't you find it strange that in Vice City,

-All the cops look the same?

-Repairing a Ferrari, A Stretch, or a Helicopter only costs a 100 dollars?

-That a few punches kills someone?

-Everytime Tommy touche ssomeone, they move as though they were pushed?

-That all the pools are about knee deep?

-That all closed doors are sealed shut?

-That you can put on clothes in 2 seconds by gettubg a magical twirling icon?

-That Ken Rosenburg dissapeared and survived Keep your Friends Close...? I mean the guy was standing RIGHT next to Lance and Sonny, and he didn't have a gun!

-That some building's look like they're open, but they're really drawings on the wall?

-That Lance Vance didn't change his name if he was so bothered by it?

-That Tommy's henchmen are only two kinds?

-That Tommy's bodyguards don't shoot people who are shooting you?

-That Tommy's thugs stand there and take a beating from Tommy?

-That there are mysterious messages everywhere from a strange unknown company called Rockstar who Tommy would have no idea about?

-That some pervert actually got a pool on Starfish Island that looked like a woman with a bikini?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was made in like 2002 or 2003 they can't set the bar too high that early for the games

The bar was high enough with GTAIII, let alone Vice City!

I don't really find it odd, not every game is perfect. The tallest skyscraper in San Andreas isn't as thick as I would have liked it to be. etc it's all good.

Edited by αzи

The reason that GTA:VC isn't as realistic as you would have wanted is because GTA:VC is a video game.

That's right.

GTA IV is now doing something different. It's gonna be MORE realistic, but some of these points will never be changed in the video game world like:

-All the cops look the same?

-Repairing a Ferrari, A Stretch, or a Helicopter only costs a 100 dollars?

-That a few punches kills someone?

-That all closed doors are sealed shut?

-That you can put on clothes in 2 seconds by gettubg a magical twirling icon?

Also, why would you care about "putting on clothes in 2 seconds". Did you actually enjoy the fact that in GTA:SA you had to wait 10 secs to have CJ put on a shirt?

No. That's because it's not fun.

Also, would you like to actually punch a person hundreds of times to kill him/her?

The answer is no.

I really think the fighting in Vice City (and GTA III, but Vice City especially) is hilarious because to me hearing the hit sounds every few seconds are funny and when they just walk back to you and hit you is weird but that final punch to send them flying back several feet is funny, also.

Edit: Well, getting out of that, yes there are some weird and probably not worth listing things on that list but I mean, it's a game. To me: (too) realistic = fail.

Edited by Rashon.

I'm sorry but what's wrong with you guys? Chill out! He made a joke. He wasn't making fun of Vice City by saying "How come to repair an expensive vehicle it costs $100 where as in real life it would cost much more." All the guy did was just point out a few things which were pretty funny. Like imagine if Vice City was in real life and messages randomly popped up in-front of you saying "To walk, use the Left Analog Stick." Get it? Plus I think he has the common sense not to come onto a forum about GTA and then boycott it.

It was a joke, why can't you guys understand that? ;)

Edited by FallenClyro

Guys, play fair. All he did was list the inconsistencies between GTA VC and real life, some of which are funny, some of which are intentionally ironic.

At NO point did he say GTAVC was bad because of this. At NO point did he suggest it should have been more like real life. At NO point did he even complain, he just said it was strange/funny.

So stop jumping to conclusions, stop making assumptions, and stop starting fights. Back on topic please.

Please stop discussing topics in topics. This topic is about VC inconsistencies, not about why a post was deleted etc. Stay on-topic, or your posts will be deleted to make way for real discussion.

Your posts were fine, but people misunderstood your point. If you had introduced the topic by saying "these are funny things, and i'm not complaining at all" then people would not have gotten all defensive. Try to remember that people won't always understand what you mean unless you say it.

• 1 month later...

This cameraguy is scaring me almost as much as the fact that Tommy has never had sex with the dozens of woman who would "do" him, what if..hes gay? (Candy Suxxx, Mercedes, etc etc so on and so forth) Sure he can get a prostitute but that's not you know, official game history