Multi Theft Auto San Andreas Help Thread

Seeing as how we get so many requests for help with MTA: SA I decided a dedicated topic would be best for it for now. If you need help with MTA please post here outlining the problem and what you have already done to try and fix it. The best place if not here is the MTA Forums on the mods official website, so check them out to. And there is a SA-MP help topic so I decided there should be one for MTA too so we can all do our best to help out.

Yes, I did copy most of it from the SA-MP help thread. :P

Edited by GTA Don

Press F12 or F11, that takes a picture for you. Then the pictures you took should appear in C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas, then there should be an images or screenshots folder there. Or you could do it the old-fashioned way, press Prt Scr on your keyboard, open Paint, press Ctrl+V; save. But pressing F12 allows you to take multiple screens.

Are you sure its taking the Screen? If so it should say Screen shot Taken or something (I Think) and they are saved to C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\screenshots.

If you still can't get that working, you can always Download and use Fraps to take your screen shots and even record game play footage.

Let's get this topic more active. I have a problem, and have tried identifying it on the forums before, with no luck.

Whenever I try to load MTA, it shows the loading screen, and then nothing. All I get is the splash screen "Stop playing with yourself". Taking it quite literately, I put my penis back into my pants, and re-launch it. Not exactly expecting this to work, I get the same results.

Things that were suggested included reinstalling both GTA and MTA, making sure I had no mods installed, and a few other random things that I can't remember. Point is, I tried everything suggested, and I have nothing.

So.... Suggestions?

Whenever I try to load MTA, it shows the loading screen, and then nothing. All I get is the splash screen "Stop playing with yourself".

So yeah, it just closes.

And Spaz, it's a lengthy process but I recommend completely uninstalling San Andreas and then deleting the GTA San Andreas folder in C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\ PERMANENTLY (hold shift + del and click yes) and then running CCleaner. I'll give you the info below.

Download CCleaner http://ccleaner.com/

Open CCleaner and hit "Run Cleaner" first. After that is done, move on to the next step.

Go to the Registry tab on the side and click "Check Registry" or something like that. Hit "Fix" or whatever the fix button is, it will ask you to back up your registry. Since this is the first time you're running CCleaner, go ahead and do so.

Next restart your computer. Install San Andreas again, followed by MTA WITH A NEW USERNAME. So basically register a new username with MTA again.

Reply back with details.

Erm, usually when I uninstall something, the directory goes with it. So I don't have much to delete, really. And I have CCleaner, I use it moderately to free up space and speed up my PC.

Seriously, this is not even worth it. To start with, I don't see it doing much more than the last reinstalls. And second-off, I can't even play it right now anyways because they don't support controllers. WTF. How does it NOT support controllers? That pisses me off.

• 3 weeks later...

I having some problem in MTA, In the "browse server" option I'm not getting any servers; I was getting them a few days back though, When I try clicking refresh it say "cannot connect to serverlist" or something of that sort. I can see my recent servers but I cannot see the ping or the number of players in, I can only see a "?" mark. I can connect to them though so firewall should not be a problem.

Suggestions?..