GTA SA Engine Sounds Problem

mibaksh

Hey guys its been SOOO long i was in here!! d last time i was here... i posted in the cafe about cars lol... then my pc died.. and no more GTA SA!! well modding... but i finally got back a replacement... yes since nov 2007... anyway i got back a pc yesterday... installed GTA SA as my first game... and runs nice and today i started downloading my mods (i lost all with the last pc) and i installed "luxury rims pack... replaced my veh_mods.ide file and some rim dff files in the gta3.img and also added a file wheel1.txd... when i loaded up the game lo and behold i have no engine noise... i not hearing my Turismo engine purr... but when i hit something... i hearing bang and stuff... police sirens and i even hearing the engine from vehicles passing.. well i started troubleshooting...

first i tried replacing the gta3.img with a backup... from a dvd... well the game run... but when i entered my garage... the game froze.

after that... i reinstalled GTA SA and booted it up, no mods, virgin files... and still no engine sound...

i went on and removed my k-lite codec pack.. thinking thats the problem.. and still that wasnt it...

i then tried to change the engine sounds.. but i lost a file to do so.. so i saw a nice pack... ~600MB "GTA-SA_High-End_Mega_Conv0" from file front... loaded that... changed everything... the game looks very damn good... but still no engine sound... all other sounds but engine... why couldnt it be like rain drops sounds... why the engine??? lol :pissedred::D

So guys any solutions? i tried googling but i saw nothing like my problem...

Hey guys its been SOOO long i was in here!! d last time i was here... i posted in the cafe about cars lol... then my pc died.. and no more GTA SA!! well modding... but i finally got back a replacement... yes since nov 2007... anyway i got back a pc yesterday... installed GTA SA as my first game... and runs nice and today i started downloading my mods (i lost all with the last pc) and i installed "luxury rims pack... replaced my veh_mods.ide file and some rim dff files in the gta3.img and also added a file wheel1.txd... when i loaded up the game lo and behold i have no engine noise... i not hearing my Turismo engine purr... but when i hit something... i hearing bang and stuff... police sirens and i even hearing the engine from vehicles passing.. well i started troubleshooting...

first i tried replacing the gta3.img with a backup... from a dvd... well the game run... but when i entered my garage... the game froze.

after that... i reinstalled GTA SA and booted it up, no mods, virgin files... and still no engine sound...

i went on and removed my k-lite codec pack.. thinking thats the problem.. and still that wasnt it...

i then tried to change the engine sounds.. but i lost a file to do so.. so i saw a nice pack... ~600MB "GTA-SA_High-End_Mega_Conv0" from file front... loaded that... changed everything... the game looks very damn good... but still no engine sound... all other sounds but engine... why couldnt it be like rain drops sounds... why the engine??? lol :pissedred::D

So guys any solutions? i tried googling but i saw nothing like my problem...

LoL...anyways...someone close this topic

um tanx a lot for help YoungJosh404... im suprised that guys like you are still allowed to post on forums like these... if you have nothing useful to say plz man... save us... peace out..

@urbanoutlaw

exactly... thanx man... i will try switching the subs off or on.. its so sad that i cant have engine sound but everything else... thanks for trying to provide help man

Edited by mibaksh

Man i realll vex... my soundblaster card was the problem... i using my main board sound card and everything works... it sounds like total crap but i getting all the sounds... :bashhead: so mods.. close this topic please? i have to go look for some driver updates or something for this sound card cuz i have little/no bass and the sound is so crappy! >.<

thanks man... and sorry if i mess u up before eh!