Bidding for Grand Theft Auto merchandise

Well I've decided to try buying things off of eBay, but the merchandise I've been bidding on is sort of a pain in the ass. Directly after I bid the other person bids higher...I don't know if it's an automatic thing they have or what, but it's pissing me off a lot.

Right now the bid is up to $10...and right now I don't feel like bidding more than that...because I still don't trust eBay and if I lose $10 it won't be that big of a deal.

Don't you know how ebay works? It automatically bids for you up to your highest bid. Someone has obviously put in a higher bid than yours, so after you submit your bid, ebay bids on behalf of the guy who bid higher than you.

I've never had any problems with anyone on ebay myself, and have over 100 positive feedback, if that's of any reassurance to you...

Basically as long as the person you're buying off has a decent amount of positive feedback, everything should be fine.

Don't you know how ebay works? It automatically bids for you up to your highest bid. Someone has obviously put in a higher bid than yours, so after you submit your bid, ebay bids on behalf of the guy who bid higher than you.

I've never had any problems with anyone on ebay myself, and have over 100 positive feedback, if that's of any reassurance to you...

Basically as long as the person you're buying off has a decent amount of positive feedback, everything should be fine.

I don't understand then. Do I have the higher bid then or does the other guy?

The other person has more bids than you, because he bidded a higher amount of money. There are some scammers on eBay, so do what Chris said, check their comments and feedback score. Once I preordered FIFA 07 for the PSP on eBay, and I never received the game, so I made a complaint and I got $5 and I paid £15 for it. A lot of people were scammed. But don't let my story put you off, eBay is a good place to buy items, in your case, Grand Theft Auto merchandise.

Another site would be Amazon, it's a good site. Bought quite a few stuff from there before, mainly for my phone.

For a license plate? Sorta. But make sure the seller has good feedback otherwise you might receive a box of bubble wrap. But it's still fun to pinch those bubbles. :P

LOL "But it's still fun to pinch those bubbles."

99.2% of his feedback is positive, so I think I'm ok. It's almost 300 things of feedback. Only 3 of them were bad...not sure why.

For a license plate? Sorta. But make sure the seller has good feedback otherwise you might receive a box of bubble wrap. But it's still fun to pinch those bubbles. :P

LOL "But it's still fun to pinch those bubbles."

99.2% of his feedback is positive, so I think I'm ok. It's almost 300 things of feedback. Only 3 of them were bad...not sure why.

Sometimes you get idiots on eBay and they don't read the description of said item. So when they get it and it's not what they thought, said idiot blames seller no-matter what.