• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:28 AM

Let's look at EA's history of games... FIFA, Need for Speed, SimCity, Medal of Honor, The Sims, James Bond, Battlefield, Madden NFL, Burnout, Crysis, Army of Two, and that classic.... Theme Hospital

Can you see GTA IV being in that list?

Absolutely not, because they don't have a free roaming title as massive as Grand Theft Auto.

#22 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:59 AM

Let's look at EA's history of games... FIFA, Need for Speed, SimCity, Medal of Honor, The Sims, James Bond, Battlefield, Madden NFL, Burnout, Crysis, Army of Two, and that classic.... Theme Hospital

Most of those games are horrible, either will really good graphics and medicore gameplay or nothing at all. EA is a really bad company in how they do business, especially with Madden NFL. They couldn't handle the competition from 2K's better, cheaper football title so they bought all the rights to the NFL teams, now they are the only ones that can make NFL-based games.

Battlefield 2 was good, but fuck EA's greed. Every $20 expansion for The Sims. Every $50 "new game" which is just BF2 with a few new models/maps, etc...etc....

Never happen.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#23 aaa11

aaa11

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:13 AM

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Microsoft just swooped in and bought Rockstar Games or Take-2. :P Or even funnier, they bought EA right after EA bought Take-2. :P

It wouldn't, I'll be pissed off.

i agree I don't want dish out $400 just to play gta... hmmm, anyway EA just needs to stop, their too money happy. Mr. Moore wants to be the new bill gates, maybe thats why he split from MS.

#24 tilly

tilly

Master of Till

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:44 AM

Im a shareholder of take 2.

what do i do?
Posted Image Posted Image
/.>ooTILLoo<.\
なんてことだ、私所有するため新参者 - 武士の人

#25 Whitey

Whitey

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:52 AM

No, never. Army of Two was real fun, but I have a feeling that if EA hadn't acquired the studio, then it would have been much better.

#26 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:07 AM

I was a fan of Need for Speed up until Underground 2. The annual releases piss me off and now I stay far away from games created by EA.

GTA shouldn't be on ANYONE'S list apart from T2 or if they sell it to Rockstar. EA should just stay away. They don't give a who about ruining the game by making money and destroying what GTA is known for.

Posted Image

#27 GTA Don

GTA Don

It was a good day.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts
  •    England 

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:33 AM

Ugh, hell no. It just sounds wrong.

@ Azn: NFS MW was good...

Ermm...

#28 TheGunslinger

TheGunslinger

When in doubt, get the shotgun out.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Norway 

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:54 AM

T2's share holders can force them to merge with EA? Now i dont know a thing about the business world, but what kind of a fucked up system is that when T2's bosses dont even have full say over what happens in their own company?

First Jack Thompson tries to get GTA banned, now EA threaten to ruin everything good about it. Fate seems to be totaly against GTA.

Posted Image

#29 Davieboy

Davieboy

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •    England 

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:59 AM

Im a shareholder of take 2.

what do i do?

what u need 2 do is just keep it and do not sell 2 EA no matter what they give u for it

#30 azn

azn

The infamous shoe avatar!

• Members
  • 1,879 posts
  • Korea, Republic of 

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:07 AM

T2's share holders can force them to merge with EA? Now i dont know a thing about the business world, but what kind of a fucked up system is that when T2's bosses dont even have full say over what happens in their own company?

First Jack Thompson tries to get GTA banned, now EA threaten to ruin everything good about it. Fate seems to be totaly against GTA.

It never works. I just hope T2 doesn't have doubts about the money that EA are offering.

For me, I now refuse to buy games from EA. No matter if it's NFS or Burnout. Which were my favourites from them.

Posted Image

#31 Davieboy

Davieboy

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •    England 

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:07 AM

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Microsoft just swooped in and bought Rockstar Games or Take-2. :P Or even funnier, they bought EA right after EA bought Take-2. :P

tbh i dont want no1 to take over T2 but if someone had to take them over i think it should be microsoft because from what ive been seeing lately its seems as if microsoft care about what the gamers want and are not just money grabbers like EA

Edited by Davieboy, 14 March 2008 - 12:01 PM.

#32 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:16 AM

I don't know, I got an email from Take 2 last night (part of a newsletter) and it says this:

Posted Image

For the latest news from Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. titled:

Take-Two Interactive Software Advises Stockholders To Take No Action In Response To Electronic Arts Offer

Please Visit:
http://ir.take2games...eleaseID=299225

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe click here:
http://ir.take2games...?companyID=TTWO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
service provided by Shareholder.com.

Posted Image

#33 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

That's how all public companies work. The shareholders BUY their share of the company, which they OWN. The Board of Directors makes decisions on behalf of the shareholders, in order to make them the most money (essentially). The shareholders get a vote on any big issues, and they can force through a vote themselves if they disagree with the Board.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#34 CHEW-GUN

CHEW-GUN

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • United States 

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

Nope,never
92% of Teen Population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch or Hollister said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
If you're one of the 8% who would be watching and laughing,put this in your sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users