EA Launches Hostile Takeover Bid for T2

Gerard

I was a fan of Need for Speed up until Underground 2. The annual releases piss me off and now I stay far away from games created by EA.

GTA shouldn't be on ANYONE'S list apart from T2 or if they sell it to Rockstar. EA should just stay away. They don't give a who about ruining the game by making money and destroying what GTA is known for.

Let's look at EA's history of games... FIFA, Need for Speed, SimCity, Medal of Honor, The Sims, James Bond, Battlefield, Madden NFL, Burnout, Crysis, Army of Two, and that classic.... Theme Hospital

Can you see GTA IV being in that list?

Ugh, hell no. It just sounds wrong.

@ Azn: NFS MW was good...

T2's share holders can force them to merge with EA? Now i dont know a thing about the business world, but what kind of a fucked up system is that when T2's bosses dont even have full say over what happens in their own company?

First Jack Thompson tries to get GTA banned, now EA threaten to ruin everything good about it. Fate seems to be totaly against GTA.

T2's share holders can force them to merge with EA? Now i dont know a thing about the business world, but what kind of a fucked up system is that when T2's bosses dont even have full say over what happens in their own company?

First Jack Thompson tries to get GTA banned, now EA threaten to ruin everything good about it. Fate seems to be totaly against GTA.

It never works. I just hope T2 doesn't have doubts about the money that EA are offering.

For me, I now refuse to buy games from EA. No matter if it's NFS or Burnout. Which were my favourites from them.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Microsoft just swooped in and bought Rockstar Games or Take-2. :P Or even funnier, they bought EA right after EA bought Take-2. :P

tbh i dont want no1 to take over T2 but if someone had to take them over i think it should be microsoft because from what ive been seeing lately its seems as if microsoft care about what the gamers want and are not just money grabbers like EA

Edited by Davieboy

I don't know, I got an email from Take 2 last night (part of a newsletter) and it says this:

bb_logo1.gif

For the latest news from Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. titled:

Take-Two Interactive Software Advises Stockholders To Take No Action In Response To Electronic Arts Offer

Please Visit:

http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=299225

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To unsubscribe click here:

http://ir.take2games.com/visitors/unsubscr...?companyID=TTWO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

service provided by Shareholder.com.

That's how all public companies work. The shareholders BUY their share of the company, which they OWN. The Board of Directors makes decisions on behalf of the shareholders, in order to make them the most money (essentially). The shareholders get a vote on any big issues, and they can force through a vote themselves if they disagree with the Board.