New GTAIV Preview in EDGE

Chris

The latest issue of Edge Magazine has a 16-page article on the Grand Theft Auto series, much of it discussing GTA IV. There are also about 6 new screenshots, and an exclusive interview with Sam Houser. Some of the noteworthy points:

• Strip joints and comedy clubs are in the game, in a way that is "enough to make your head spin."
  • You can see planes flying through the airport, and if you look closely you'll even see the pilots. Driving alongside one earned the test a 4-star wanted level.
  • Niko managed to get this response from a cop he encountered: "I'm a cop... and you're a dickhead!"
  • Houser wasn't able to elaborate much on the subject of multiplayer, however, he did say that is was possible to get together online just to chill out in-game: "I'll meet you in a car and we'll hang and just drive and listen to music, chilling in the car, with your 3D model sat next to me," he says.
  • Newer cars' paint jobs will look a lot nicer than older cars, which will look rusted and bland.
  • Bullet holes and dirt are permanent markings on cars.
  • Structural damage is possible, the magazine talks about "ripping chunks out of the plaster with gunfire."

Thanks to noxiousd for the info.

AHAHAHAH! if this has free roam multiplayer then i will never f**cking stop playing this game!! PLEASE LET IT HAVE FREE ROAM MULTIPLAYER!! i hate ones that you have to like do a stupid death match or something . of course thats good in some occasions and possibly the ability to do it every now and then , but to be able to do what you want with friends.. ( or kill random people from a sneaky sniper position or run down other players at your leasure) would .. well i'll have died and gone to heaven! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE * CROSSES FINGERS*

hm im wondering who they would have for comedy clubs

Maybe it will have actual comedians or such that will really make you laugh?

I still have my fingers crossed. There hasn't been a mention of offline multiplayer/2-player. Hopefully the multiplayer preview later this month will confirm offline.

AHAHAHAH! if this has free roam multiplayer then i will never f**cking stop playing this game!! PLEASE LET IT HAVE FREE ROAM MULTIPLAYER!! i hate ones that you have to like do a stupid death match or something . of course thats good in some occasions and possibly the ability to do it every now and then , but to be able to do what you want with friends.. ( or kill random people from a sneaky sniper position or run down other players at your leasure) would .. well i'll have died and gone to heaven! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE * CROSSES FINGERS*

This would make your day then: http://gtahq.multiplayernetwork.net/news/454/

This would make your day then: http://gtahq.multiplayernetwork.net/news/454/

haha thanks, but i might be a noob * cough* but what does MMO stand for? i get confused with this kind of stuff.i normally just play a game, then study for uni , then go out n get pissed i normally dont worry about the short hand expressions.

planes... but they said there will be no planes in the game

there arent, well at least that we can fly. the planes will be like in san andreas where the 747's come into land and take off by themself. maybe this time though they wont be like.. invisible! and you can park your car in the way of it and watch it fly as the plane takes off! or perhaps strole behind the plane during full thrust and watch as niko takes flight all on his own! there will be helicopters though which i dont personally like.. although flying through liberty city busy streets with the blades at ground level chopping people up will be fun!

It'd be cool if you could jump on top of a plane and hold on to it or something.

.. i wish lol, although the helicopter one will be fun!! cause you can hold onto helicopters. i normally would get the jet pack in san andreas get 4* then try land on top of the police helicopter and exit the jet pack. sometimes youd be taken for a while but more often than not you'd fall to your death. maybe this time we can just run up n grab onto the undercaradge of the helicopters n go where they go because i always wondered where the police helicopters went after a chase , i know they dissapear but like if you can hold onto them then surely they must have to land back at head quarters.