IGN: 10 things you have to do in Liberty City

Chris

IGN's Australian department have, using their hands-on preview, published a wonderfully detailed article on 10 things you have to do in Liberty City when you pick up the game in 57 days time. Now there are a number of quotes I'd like to post from the article, but that would defeat the object of this post linking to it, so I'll just post a couple.

Squeezing off a shotgun round at the driver caused blood to splatter across the inside of the windscreen (which was now riddled with tiny bullet holes) as the driver's body was knocked violently back in his seat before slumping forward with his head resting on the steering wheel, causing the car's horn to constantly blare away. The intensity and detail we witnessed in this split-second of gameplay left us utterly gob-smacked, and even a little guilty about whacking the poor guy - at least we put his car to good use. He would have wanted that.
Cap someone in the leg, for example, and you'll see their limb flung back as their body loses balance and topples over. Shoot them in the face and their head will snap back with great force, before their body crumples lifelessly to the ground. Euphoria makes all of the typical GTA sandbox-style antics you're used to seem fresh again.

It's also confirmed in the article that you can actually blindfire rocket launchers, a feature I presumed would just be for normal guns.

Read the whole thing over at IGN - if it doesn't make you more excited about this game I don't know what will. Also, feel free to comment on this post and add your own ideas to the list of 'things to do when you get GTA4'.

that article has hyped the game up even more for me, all those things sound amazing, i cant wait to get chased by the cops its so much fun taking down cops and just getting wanted level and then going on a chase around the whole map, iv been playing GTA3 at the moment trying to complete it and i keep just getting myself into fights with the police just cause its so damn fun, and i need there FBI car for the import/export lol!!

may the next 57days hurry the F**k up lol

really can't wait for this game it seems that ppl react to u more in this one one of the things I'm looking toward to doing most is flying the helicopter and using the blades to kill pedestrians!and that also makes me wonder if this happens does the search radius apply or is there another way the cops to deal with this. Really can't wait to find out