New GTAIV Previews & Screenshots Online

Chris

The new previews and screenshots which you've probably read a lot about in the past couple of weeks are now finally here. Below is a quick summary of most of the new information. You can read on for links to the 10 new screenshots and the previews themselves.

• Broker is the only island open at the start, however you can begin accessing the other islands sooner than you have in previous games
  • If you die during a mission you're given a chance to retry it by way of a text, after respawning at the hospital
  • Headlights can be set to full beam or dipped, but they can't be turned off
  • We mentioned a while ago that you may find items of use to you in vehicles, it has now been confirmed that you can't actually use vehicles as a place to store items
  • Cars are not customisable as they were in San Andreas
  • Items on the ground now have a yellow halo around them. Rather than the cylindrical glow we've become accustomed to in the series' previous offerings, GTA IV's mission markers are now large arrows pointing at the ground.
  • There are eighteen radio stations in total. Genres include funk, reggae, jazz, dance, Jamaican, pop, hardcore, hip hop and an Eastern European station. One of the stations is called The Vibe, which plays RnB and soul music.
  • You can pause the game to view a full size map of the city. Selecting a destination will map out a route to it on your radar.
  • On the subject of GPS, some of the more expensive cars have voice navigation.
  • As mentioned previously it is now possible to lob grenades and molotov cocktails out vehicle windows. Firing a gun is said to be (realistically) less accurate than in previous games.
  • Niko is a master at Krav Maga, a fighting style the Israeli Special Forces use.
  • Niko was able to punch someone hard enough that they crashed through a window behind them.
  • Once minor technical difference between the PS3 and 360 versions has been spotted - The 360 version is brighter and has slightly more vibrant colour, while the PS3 build has less aliasing issues.

Once again we recommend you read Kikizo's preview as in the past they've done an excellent job of covering more information than any of the other websites. The following websites also have new previews up:

See the 10 new screenshots in our

gallery.

gtaiv_screenshot_127.jpggtaiv_screenshot_124.jpg

I'm disappointed because R* keeps removing cool features away, but hopefully they did this to make room for other important features.

Gone are the tanks, aeroplanes, parachutes, jet packs and bicycles

And

3 New Previews Up:

GameTap

TVG Preview

GamesRadar

Gametap:

Some fans may be disappointed to know that the side careers from prior games aren’t really in GTA IV, or at least, not in the same way. You can’t just jump into an ambulance and suddenly become a paramedic or drive a cab and pick up fares. Rockstar believes that this feature is just too unrealistic; it might still exist in some form, but one that would fall within the overall mission structure of the game.
Edited by Charger

R* fucked up. People are disappointed about the previews, including me. GTAF is full of angry people.

No Rockstar didn't fuck up.

Side missions sucked ass. But for the Tanks??? No way, i just wont believe that...

Parachutes are gone... But meh, id rather see Niko fall to his death than see him safely float to the ground.

Euphoria physics = Bigger bounce!

I'm slightly disappointed at the removal of features. I can live without the car customization and tanks, but they'd be nice. I really don't care for the side paramedic jobs and such at all though.

I can't wait for this game. I've already got it reserved and everything. I'm sure the good will far outweigh the lost features.

But the PS3 has got crap graphics lol.

Just to point out, It says XB has got better coloring and lighting, while the PS3 has better anti-aliasing (Shading and edges pretty much). Either way they're things you won't notice while you're playing.

Well, at least we know Niko actually has a good fighting style other than what past characters had. Krav Maga > Streetfighting.

Seen Discovery (Might have been History) channel lately? They just showed a Fight Quest episode on Krav Maga.

Fight Quest has nothing on Human Weapon (History Channel). :P

F**kin A!!!! I thought it was 3 months but then i rememberd its only 2 away :lolbounce: i honestly can't wait to beat up some punks on the street with Krav Maga!!!

Kinda bummed to hear you won't be able to customize vehicles as you could in SA, but oh well as long as there is a good NOS system im happy (High speed collisions anyone?)

2 months left :dribble:

Fight Quest has nothing on Human Weapon (History Channel). :P

I've actually never seen either. I just see commercials. I'll make note to check them out.

Back on topic, like STL67 said with crashes, I'm interested to see how far they can go. I'd like to have a fun time messing around just crashing sh*t to see how it turns out - like in the preview where they said a car's tire went out, turned sideways, and started doing flips. That, accompanied with the realistic car damages could equal loads of fun.

I don't care about customizing cars, I never used it in SA anyways. Second, I can't really see them removing the tank, It could be hidden maybe somewhere in LC. But I can't see them coming after you this time.

When I looked over at GTAF, It seems that almost everyone there was freaking out that you can store stuff in your cars. :lol: