Game is running fast ? audio not coming properly

ronak_143

The game is running fast...i dunno wats happening..some sounds are missing...like at the start of the game...when CJ is arriving to Grove Street...he says..."Grove Street ..Home"

Updated DirectX....updated Graphics Card Drivers...this problem is happening to all my friends who are having NForce motherboards

My Config:

AMD 4400+

ASUS M2N-MX Motherboard (NVidia Chipset)

NVidia 8400GS GPU

1GB RAM

Sound Blaster 5.1

windows xp sp2 (updated)

plz help me

Edited by ronak_143

The game is running fast...i dunno wats happening..some sounds are missing...like at the start of the game...when CJ is arriving to Grove Street...he says..."Grove Street ..Home"

You could try checking under 'Advanced Display Options' and see if the 'Frame Limiter' option is set to ON[\b]. This caps your frame-rate to 30fps. If it isn't, your game could be running too fast at times. If that's not the case, then I am blank at the moment...

Heh, I know exactly what's wrong. Alright, so bring up San Andreas to the main menu. ALT + TAB out. Hit Control + ALT + Delete to bring up the task manager. Find gta_sa.exe. Right click it and go down to "Set affinity." Tick one of the CPU's off and go back in game. Things should be a LOT smoother.

*Assuming you have a dualcore processor

Edit: I was typing this while Sky added his reply

For the 'running fast': while the game is running, alt-tab or press the 'Windows' key to get back to the desktop. Bring up the 'Task Manager', click the 'processes' tab, find gta_sa.exe & right click on it, click on 'set affinity' & uncheck cpu 1 so that cpu 0 is the only one checked. That should help your speed problem.

Edit: This may solve your sound problem also but if it doesn't see below.

For the sound, click the 'start' button & click on 'Run', type in 'dxdiag' (without the single quotes (') & click the 'sound' tab & set the 'Hardware Sound Acceleration Level' to 'Basic'.

Hope this helps.

Edited by *JAJ*

Thanks Everyone :D it works !! :D

i am f***ing happy today....jus playing this game back after 10 Months...bcos of this problem...

hey btw....decreasing the Sound Acceleration wud have any disadvantages?

You're welcome, glad to help.

If the sound's ok after making the other adjustment, I'd leave it alone but it shouldn't hurt GTASA to set it to 'basic'.

Edit: Don't forget to tell your friends.

:)

Edited by *JAJ*

• 2 months later...
but iam changing the Affinity values to decrease the game speed...any option to permanently disable it ?

Nah, there's not. I don't mind it, it's a 2 second task to do. Though it'd be nice, haha.

You have a dual core processor, and you don't have it configured right. I got a AMD 64x2 and my game ran insanely fast. There is a way to set your computer up to use both cores in the game for higher framerates (you don't have to have the frame limiter on)

Also, your computer will be faster after you set it up right. Like this article says most dual core PC's come from the factory set up incorrectly (Which is why I build my own )

Heres the link, this should make your game run right as well as speeding up your pc a little

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=60416

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this seems like a pretty common problem...

I dont know if this works with vista, I refuse to tough that train wreck :thumbsdown:

Also, doing it this way you wont have to tell the game to only use one core. no more going into the task manager and limiting it to one. Why pay for 2 cores when you only use one!!

Edited by Tommygreen23