partylenin

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Jamaica 

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:58 AM

i dont trust ea

for example the madden franchise really only goes under cosmetic improvements but is coded pretty poorly like you can walk through walls and the stands and besides what looks good its essentilly unimproved and a little disapointing and another example is the battlefield games which just droped the ball for continuity and smooth play

take-two really wants to make the best games possible and ea wants to maqke the biggest profit possible

#22 TheGunslinger

TheGunslinger

When in doubt, get the shotgun out.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Norway 

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:34 AM

No need to worry people TT has officially rejected the bid,

The link is here.

Thank god for that. Can you imagine what GTA would be like with EA calling the shots? Everything would have to be done by the book (ie, no more humor about sex and the like) so that goodie two shoes EA wont get into trouble. All the billboards ingame would be advertising other EA games, or some mp3 player so EA can get more money from advertising. The games would have to be made to a deadline so EA can get loads of money as quickly as possible, so you end up with a half assed GTA (probably a shitty gangsta style one) without all the extra features. It would be terrible <_<

I have always felt that R* and TT dont care so much about the money, like partylenin said, they just want to make their games as good as they can possibly be. You can tell just by looking at the amount of effort they put into the GTAIV website that they have a passion for what they do, and thats why their games are so bloody good. You dont see EA with a whole website dedicated to one game (because that would waste valuable money making time).

Posted Image

#23 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:08 PM

Take Two did reject the bid, but that doesn't mean it's over. EA did offer several bids before the $26-per-share one mentioned in this topic, which were all rejected. This was the first one made in public.

EA could try to persuade Take Two shareholders to vote out the Board of Directors, to allow the EA merge to happen. That involves persuading the shareholders that (basically) they will make more money than Take Two can generate.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#24 Whitey

Whitey

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • United States 

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

Take Two did reject the bid, but that doesn't mean it's over. EA did offer several bids before the $26-per-share one mentioned in this topic, which were all rejected. This was the first one made in public.

The $26 share will go up a good bit when GTA IV is released, so they'll have to fork out more in the future. I just found something even more disturbing.

http://www.gamesindu...e.php?aid=33521

Says that if EA acquires TT, then they can make the new GTA games without Rockstar.

#25 Mendoza

Mendoza

Ronin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:15 AM

so to sum it up it probably won't be the last offer,EAs stock dropped Dan houser might quit if it does happen

#26 Phantom_Renegde

Phantom_Renegde

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:10 AM

I agree with everyone that says EA is eater of good game companies and the pooer of half asses games, where if the have a sequel they feel the same as every other game in that genre.
I am the Thief In the night, the prowler in the darkness, the future owner of all your rare medals, i am the Phantom Renegade

#27 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:07 AM

Nah,they will mix some NFS and some GTA.hehe

Posted Image

#28 }{oT~dEv1L 666

}{oT~dEv1L 666

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Singapore 

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:47 PM

The $26 share will go up a good bit when GTA IV is released, so they'll have to fork out more in the future. I just found something even more disturbing.

http://www.gamesindu...e.php?aid=33521

Says that if EA acquires TT, then they can make the new GTA games without Rockstar.

No, but the whole Rockstar Games + all its studios can break off from Take 2 if they really gets sold to EA. So by 2009, when R*'s contract with T2 ends, they can quit and create GTA V without stupid EA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users