Problem about car mods!

Hi guys! The car mods that I just installed to my SA has giant wheels! How can I make the wheels normal? Every time I start to drive with the modded car, it has friggin giant wheels. I did follow the instuctions right, but the problem is that I need to make the wheels normal. Help?

It may be that the instructions in the mod were wrong... If you had to change a line within the 'vehicles.ide' file and it had bad parameters, that would definitely screw up your car. The wheel sizes of vehicles is determined from a set of parameters within the file I just named. Here's a portion of a vehicle's data in that file and how it should look:

normal, 	10,	0,	0,		-1, 0.94, 0.94,		0
(Note the arrows				   ^^				 )

For the game to size the wheels normally, the parameter with the arrows should be -1. It it's any other number, you're going to have problems. You need to check the line that applies to the vehicle you modded and make sure that value is -1. BTW, the two numbers that follow it determine the size of the wheels for collision with other objects like the ground or other objects. If the numbers are too low, you'll have a vehicle's tires sitting below the level of the pavement. If they're too high, it'll look like the vehicle's floating in the air.

You could also try setting this value is to 0, this tells the game to scale the wheel model with the next set of values. When this value is -1, it derives the size of the wheel model directly from the mesh and the wheel scale values will only affect the wheel collision.

If changing the values doesn't help, then you've got a problem with the vehicle model itself and there's nothing you can do about that except to restore your original or try a different one.

Hi guys! The car mods that I just installed to my SA has giant wheels! How can I make the wheels normal? Every time I start to drive with the modded car, it has friggin giant wheels. I did follow the instuctions right, but the problem is that I need to make the wheels normal. Help?

It may be that the instructions in the mod were wrong... If you had to change a line within the 'vehicles.ide' file and it had bad parameters, that would definitely screw up your car. The wheel sizes of vehicles is determined from a set of parameters within the file I just named. Here's a portion of a vehicle's data in that file and how it should look:

normal, 	10,	0,	0,		-1, 0.94, 0.94,		0
(Note the arrows				   ^^				 )

For the game to size the wheels normally, the parameter with the arrows should be -1. It it's any other number, you're going to have problems. You need to check the line that applies to the vehicle you modded and make sure that value is -1. BTW, the two numbers that follow it determine the size of the wheels for collision with other objects like the ground or other objects. If the numbers are too low, you'll have a vehicle's tires sitting below the level of the pavement. If they're too high, it'll look like the vehicle's floating in the air.

You could also try setting this value is to 0, this tells the game to scale the wheel model with the next set of values. When this value is -1, it derives the size of the wheel model directly from the mesh and the wheel scale values will only affect the wheel collision.

If changing the values doesn't help, then you've got a problem with the vehicle model itself and there's nothing you can do about that except to restore your original or try a different one.

But whenever I double - click on the vehicles.ide it can't open. It says that I have to purchase something or some crap.

You can either do as Gerard suggested by first opening Notepad then opening the 'vehicles.ide' file or you can double-click it. Then when the dialog box pops up asking if you want to search the Web OR pick the program from a list, choose the list option. The OS will then give you a list of possible programs to open the file with. Scroll down until you find Notepad and then select it. Before exiting this dialog, you might want to uncheck the option below the list that says 'always open with this program' (may not be worded exactly like that). If you don't uncheck the box, the OS will create a file association and ANY .ide file will get a Notepad icon. I say MIGHT because I personally don't want it to do that but in your case you might - this will allow you to double-click the file and Notepad will be fired up right away and the file opened.

You can either do as Gerard suggested by first opening Notepad then opening the 'vehicles.ide' file or you can double-click it. Then when the dialog box pops up asking if you want to search the Web OR pick the program from a list, choose the list option. The OS will then give you a list of possible programs to open the file with. Scroll down until you find Notepad and then select it. Before exiting this dialog, you might want to uncheck the option below the list that says 'always open with this program' (may not be worded exactly like that). If you don't uncheck the box, the OS will create a file association and ANY .ide file will get a Notepad icon. I say MIGHT because I personally don't want it to do that but in your case you might - this will allow you to double-click the file and Notepad will be fired up right away and the file opened.

Will I have to pay? Cause I'm not really good at doing those stuff that you just said.

It doesn't cost a dime. Open Notepad, then open the 'vehicles.ide' and look for the line of code for the car that you want to mod and replace it with the modded one. That simple. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR FILES!!!

What would happen if I do that? Will that harm my computer or give my computer viruses?

are you serious?? why would that give you a virus? all your doing is modifying a games file with notepad :bashhead:

in no way whatsoever can that harm your computer.

ok

I'm gonna do it now. Thanks for the advice guys especially you GTADon.

I don't know what to do now.

Edited by YoungJosh404