DLC for Both Consoles

MarkD1990

No, he said Playstation brought GTA to life... And that is very much wrong, for it originated on the PC.

Since when does "brought to life" mean "originated"???

Since originated means "began" and brought to life means "started".

"brought to life" doesn't neccessarily mean "started". You just assumed that's what he meant by that. He most likely meant that it got a lot more popular after it came out on the PSOne.

No, he said Playstation brought GTA to life... And that is very much wrong, for it originated on the PC.

Since when does "brought to life" mean "originated"???

Since originated means "began" and brought to life means "started".

"brought to life" doesn't neccessarily mean "started". You just assumed that's what he meant by that. He most likely meant that it got a lot more popular after it came out on the PSOne.

Rockstar signed a deal with Sony at the time of GTAIII to get it PS Exclusive, and now Rockstar signed a (even bigger) deal with Microsoft to get just the downloadable episodic content. And, to add to it, even though Microsoft paid US$50 Million for this, GTA IV is still going to be released for the PS3. What does this mean? That the Playstation is getting it better, because many people think that GTA is a PS franchise. That means, a lot of people will get a PS3 for GTAIV, not an Xbox 360, and if they don't release a Playstation version, they will lose many potential customers.

Everybody talks of it as if the Playstation is Grand Theft Auto's "roots". The Playstation, at the time, even without a deal, could be the only console to support GTA III. Remember, there wasn't an Xbox yet at the time, and a gaming PC is still something that not everybody owns (unlike today). Grand Theft Auto is a video game that has moved about - PC to PS2 to Xbox 360. Live with it, Rockstar Games has already made it easier for you guys by releasing Grand Theft Auto IV for the PS3, so that y'all don't waste all the money you pumped into your PS3.

And you guys still want the Downloadable Content? You really think Microsoft would pay 50 Million USD for Rockstar Games to delevop those two downloadable episodic content if it were to be released for the PS3 later? Don't be stupid. Yes, I agree that the PS3 is a more capable system, but it seems that Microsoft is better at business and you can't force things your way.

Edited by }{oT~dEv1L 666

And what exactly is your point? The original games were very unique and very fun games, regardless of whether you're a true fan or not.

Meh, i just didn't like them.

IMO, the GTA series was nothing before GTA III. It was fun and all but couldn't hold my attention more than 30 minutes.

Anyway, on topic, i agree with }{oT~dEv1L 666, i don't think Microsoft spent a sh*t load of money only for the PS3 version to out do it later.

Edited by Alkaline_64