Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Next GTA Location

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
333 replies to this topic

Poll: Where do you think the next GTA will be set? (242 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you think the next GTA will be set?

1. Vice City (68 votes [27.98%])

Percentage of vote: 27.98%

2. San Andreas (42 votes [17.28%])

Percentage of vote: 17.28%

3. Los Santos (8 votes [3.29%])

Percentage of vote: 3.29%

4. San Fierro (1 votes [0.41%])

Percentage of vote: 0.41%

5. Las Venturas (2 votes [0.82%])

Percentage of vote: 0.82%

6. Chicago (12 votes [4.94%])

Percentage of vote: 4.94%

7. Carcer City (10 votes [4.12%])

Percentage of vote: 4.12%

8. London (16 votes [6.58%])

Percentage of vote: 6.58%

9. The UK (9 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

10. Europe (12 votes [4.94%])

Percentage of vote: 4.94%

11. Australia (8 votes [3.29%])

Percentage of vote: 3.29%

12. Tokyo (14 votes [5.76%])

Percentage of vote: 5.76%

13. Futuristic city (like GTA2) (2 votes [0.82%])

Percentage of vote: 0.82%

14. Other real life city (22 votes [9.05%])

Percentage of vote: 9.05%

15. New fictional city (17 votes [7.00%])

Percentage of vote: 7.00%

Vote

#301 TALI_ZR

TALI_ZR

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:27 AM

New "true" map of GTA V :)
http://www.dsogaming...a-v-map-leaked/

Pictures are very large...

Edited by TALI_ZR, 17 November 2011 - 05:28 AM.

#302 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

It looks like remodified GTA IV map to me. Guys what do you think?

#303 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

@amazingdude

Relating to yer LA Noire post, maybe they will use the map from LA Noire as base for Los Santos? Would save a lot of time...

#304 TALI_ZR

TALI_ZR

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

Airport is very big... I think it's fake because LA is very small on this map. Much smaller than Liberty City from GTA IV.

But this is very good fanwork, all places that we know are on this map and the topography is very intersting.

Edited by TALI_ZR, 17 November 2011 - 07:16 AM.

#305 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

@amazingdude

Relating to yer LA Noire post, maybe they will use the map from LA Noire as base for Los Santos? Would save a lot of time...

I doubt they are that lazy, also LA noire is a complete different franchise even if both game's are set in LA

Beside's vinewood and maybe a few more 'iconic' location's of San Andreas.. It's looking very likley the map is gonna differ from the original map. I was kinda hoping for it to be mapped out just like San An tbh but they'll probably go for a more realistic style like they did with IV

Waiting for this game is gonna kill me >< haha

#306 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

Not lazy, efficient. That was the main problem with IV.

#307 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

According to some rumours that I have seen on the internet, the GTA V version of Los Santos is gonna be bigger and better than GTA IV Era's Liberty City, and GTA SA's version of Los Santos. It would be great if that was actually the case.

#308 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

I do think again and again that rockstar are hiding something about the map.

who knows if there would be another city in the game or in the later expansion packs.

#309 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:17 AM

Yeah. I also agree that Rockstar are keeping certain details about the map from us.

There has been a lot of speculation that Las Venturas and San Fierro will return in GTA V DLC's. It would be great if that actually did happen.

#310 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

Fuck DLC, they should include it in the main base game. I hate this recent trend of DLC. Alot of game's nowaday's have DLC come out the very day the game get's released!

Map will defo be bigger then IV's, but bigger then S.A's map? Hmmm maybe but I dunno, San An is huge.

I'm also very curious as to who the main charecter is going to be, in the trailer you see a guy who looks alot like CJ (the guy who's putting the roof down on his car and is wearing a white tank top and blue jean's). If the main character was CJ again that would be awesome

#311 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

The GTA V Era Los Santos is goning to be WAY bigger than the GTA IV Era Liberty City. However, you must remember, Los Santos is a city, not a state. If Rockstar is making Los Sanots a city instead of a state, it would definitely be smaller than San Andreas.

Also, I highly doubt CJ will appear in GTA V. He would be too old by then. Also, GTA V would most likely be a reboot of the GTA series, so if that was the case, CJ wouldn't exist in the new timeline.

There is nothing wrong with DLCs, except for the fact that they have less missions, and possibly less features. Just think of it as a different video game of the same series.

And dude, please don't swear. It ain't cool to do so.

Edited by MrLanceVanceDance, 25 January 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#312 Dezzy

Dezzy

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Puerto Rico 

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

My apologies, I started a topic about this...but I think Houston would be awesome for GTA.

#313 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

My apologies, I started a topic about this...but I think Houston would be awesome for GTA.

Its already been confirmed that its gonna be Los Angeles, California. Watch the GTA V trailer.

#314 RigbyDaRaccoon

RigbyDaRaccoon

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • American Samoa 

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

London would be nice big Ben would be great sniping position online

#315 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

Next location could in theory be a revisioned Miami, Not Vice City as some hope, or HD version of LC of old aka GTA III, Aaron Garbut is pretty much dead set against that, but Miami in a more realistic approach could happen in the guise of Vice City in namesake
It's also possible to continue with the STORIES portable versions with VC being more accurate to it's predecessor

#316 Bustago

Bustago

Pure Gangster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Next location could in theory be a revisioned Miami, Not Vice City as some hope, or HD version of LC of old aka GTA III, Aaron Garbut is pretty much dead set against that, but Miami in a more realistic approach could happen in the guise of Vice City in namesake
It's also possible to continue with the STORIES portable versions with VC being more accurate to it's predecessor

You do realise the location is Los Santos, as everyone has known for months.

Can someone buy me a new guitar?
Please?
I'll be your best friend!?

#317 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Los Santos for GTA V, we all know that, but as the mapping threads seem to suggest from what people know of the actual cities, it appears that GTA V will be reimagined in much the same way as New York was for GTA IV, that's why I suggest it will be the same to re-use one last city, rather then come up with a totally new and obscure map, not related to previous games. This herein lies the crux of what Rockstar will do in the future for the GTA franchise. Some speculate the series to go beyond the USA, only TRUE word from Rockstar about that was from Sam Houser saying it's possible, but there are no plans for that. The question begs then, or remains open.... Just when will those plans actually formulate!??

#318 Bustago

Bustago

Pure Gangster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Seriously, wtf.
Your post didn't make any sense, what are you saying?
From what I can make out, you think that this will be the last game to re-use a location?

'This herein lies the crux', 'The question begs then, or remains open'; This is a forum, not a poetry lecture, there is no need to try and sound learned. Especially when it doesnt make any sense.
Try and keep the language simple, more people will be able to understand you.

Edited by Bustago, 17 July 2012 - 10:36 PM.

Please?

#319 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

I don't see what you're missing, So far GTA has re-hashed known locations and character reference. I'm not saying the map isn't different, but those differences were VERY minute for the GTA Stories portable versions.

What I am getting at is I expect new locations and characters, though I've no objection to homage and paying respects to the fictional universe. Hope you can make sense from that, it's not that hard. I wanted a new ENTIRE world within the GTA concept, what we get is MORE Liberty City or Vice City, or San Andreas, it's disappointing in that respect, mainly because the USA is more then Florida, New York and California. The problem is the limelight is always in the same place, the Coasts of the USA.

As for the crux, or specifically, the quotes from my post, they DO make sense. hardly poetry, just good prose! haha
What the statement is in regard to is SAM HOUSER, President of Rockstar is saying, he said in response to GTA taking place OUTSIDE the USA, it WAS and IS entirely possible, but the plans don't exist at present, that is always a year or so old since he said that, what we don't know is when these plans come to fruition.
If you're unfamiliar with the term, look it up, it's a real word! haha

I'm offering what I've read over the years, I discount what's purely fan speculation, but what we can discern from Rockstar's product, statements, etc. It's a bit of a puzzle to put together since they won't speculate on something they're working on, where they pointed out with the latest Asked and Answered, rumors are just that, and the reason for lack of info is it's not written in stone "yet"

Edited by BlackListedB, 18 July 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#320 Bustago

Bustago

Pure Gangster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

I understand what you are saying about so far Rockstar has re-used the same cities as bases for the GTA counterparts, but 'ENTIRE new world'? Do you want GTA on a global scale? Because that would be impossible.
Or do you want less well known American cities to be used as a base, which will never happen, GTA is a British series, the majority of development takes place in Edinburgh. There would be no point setting a game in a random city because the developers and audience wouldn't understand the reference.

'What we get is MORE Liberty City or Vice City, or San Andreas' is the issue that they re-use the name or the cities they're based upon? Because Liberty City in GTA was completely different to the one in GTA III and both of those are completely different to the one in GTA IV, the same goes for Vice City and San Andreas (which went from a city to a state!). And I don't doubt that there could be a GTA outside the USA, there have been two in the past.

But this is a discussion on the location of GTA V, not future games. What I am trying to say is the information you are presenting, is different to what is already known about the GTA V location, and is not relevant to the topic.

Edited by Bustago, 19 July 2012 - 05:34 AM.

Please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users