Next GTA Location

Phantom_Renegde

Where do you think the next GTA will be set?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the next GTA will be set?

• Vice City
    • San Andreas
    • Los Santos
    • San Fierro
    • Las Venturas
    • Chicago
    • Carcer City
    • London
    • The UK
    • Europe
    • Australia
    • Tokyo
    • Futuristic city (like GTA2)
    • Other real life city
    • New fictional city

I dont think Tokyo should be completely left out. It would still make a great storyline.. I liked how there were both busy streets and city as well as the landscapes and contrysides in San andreas..

I have a computer WAY surpassing the recommended for GTA4 but still it lagged just as badly as it did when i had a way worse computer to play on. Ok i havent ever tried with patching GTA4 though.

Anyway. Id just like somthing with alot of variation in the enviorment.

Is china town war's set in America? I wish there was a china town in san an lol

Yeah China, Japan.. Same thing! >.>

Edited by Red_Squirrel_UK

Not by a long shot.

Well it does on my laptop.

Its a i7-820QM cpu with a ATI FirePro M7820 Graphics card.

8GB ram

It does the job pretty well with patch 1.03..

Without patching it was as laggy as my old laptop which is an old Core 2D with 3GB ram and some ATI 2650HD graphics card.

Houser says they don't have plans for another Country outside of the USA, they love our Country, I'm biased since I live here, in the Midwest and I also love our Country, that said, at some point, as Houser said when asked, they'd explore some more options. Keep in mind, These guys make games they like to play, and to stop doing that, to end GTA for good?!?! That is sheer lunacy to suggest, I won't ever believe that unless both Housers have gone on record saying GTA is kaput

• 2 weeks later...

i don't think R* will be repeating the previous cities unless it's carcer, otherwise i'd be disappointed in them because of their lack of creativity. liberty city was a thing in GTA IV because it's their signature city, rebuilt. repeating the idea to rebuild a city doesn't seem to be a smart move right now if they want to beat GTA III and GTA IV's popularity. it's GTA remember? even if it's in a completely fictional city no one has ever go, it'll still be badass

i voted new fictional city

I would like to see a San Andreas-esque city. A city that has a lot of diversity in so far as you have got like a business/financail sector with like high rises and commercail buildings and stuff, and then like maybe a few suburban/residential sectors, some sort of natural sector, like a forrest/dessert. Maybe also an industrial sector as well, because lets face it, factories and warehouses make for awesome gunfight locales.

My money is on San Andreas, more specifically Las Venturas. That "five" logo has a kind of SA/LV feel to it.

Not too bothered really where it is located though. So long as i can shoot things, drive like a maniac and generally cause an un-holy amount of chaos, i'll be a happy bunny. Having said that i would like to see rural areas make a return in this installment. We need somewhere to use all those 4x4s, pick-up trucks and dirtbikes.

Houser says they don't have plans for another Country outside of the USA, they love our Country, I'm biased since I live here, in the Midwest and I also love our Country, that said, at some point, as Houser said when asked, they'd explore some more options. Keep in mind, These guys make games they like to play, and to stop doing that, to end GTA for good?!?! That is sheer lunacy to suggest, I won't ever believe that unless both Housers have gone on record saying GTA is kaput

Also since GTA went 3D it has ALWAYS been set in the U.S, which mean's most more then likley it will stay that way, and maybe its not with the idea that they love ur country.. More to do with the fact that U.S is the gaming industrie's biggest market.. So they want it to appeal to American's as much as possible. Most game's are set in the U.S and there's a reason for that ;)

I guess as well that you couldn't have the same humour if it was set in Paris or Tokyo, most french people don't even speak english. They don't even speak English, and part of GTA's humour was the radio, which was alway's humour to do with the good 'ole USA

'Like killing innocent people... USA.. USA. .USA'

• 2 weeks later...

They did say the idea had merit, I'll say that. USA is a large place, and most corners could still be explored, I recently suggested that the maps being revisited could account for the time left to develop on the new er, old engine. RAGE / Euphoria. Before new hardware comes out, I think if it had not taken so long to get something to work with, the game development would proceed faster. What say you? New hardware in a year or two??

Setting the new gta in chicago would be awesome though

I don't think it would anything new to the game, TBH. It would essentially be different looking Liberty City. At least with Los Santos/San Andreas, the satirical nature of the games sort of demands that certain things be included like the Muscle Beach, the desert with the oil rigs, etc.