Next GTA Location

Phantom_Renegde

Where do you think the next GTA will be set?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the next GTA will be set?

• Vice City
    • San Andreas
    • Los Santos
    • San Fierro
    • Las Venturas
    • Chicago
    • Carcer City
    • London
    • The UK
    • Europe
    • Australia
    • Tokyo
    • Futuristic city (like GTA2)
    • Other real life city
    • New fictional city

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vice city, improved, with houses you can buy again, possibly light aircraft and also when someone says florida i think space shuttle, so maybe a launchpad with launches every few in game months or something :)

havent been here in a while so idk if i've already posted this, but i think it'd be cool to play in san diego. i mean its one of the biggest cities in the US and theyve already remade nearly every other big city (ex. new york, LA, las vegas etc) so why not san diego?

They did in san andres

If you follow the current city cycle and the constant attention it got in IV, it seems Vice City is the best bet. But before Rockstar gets cracking, I have a few suggestions.

IV's map is basically a more detailed version of III's. Not too much changed, other than slight changes in shape and the addition of Bohan. For Vice City, however, you run into a big problem, mainly, what do you change in the map's size and shape to scale it up to the current generation? It only has two islands, and adding another large island might not be in keeping with continuity.

My soulution:

Add more cities.

Like San Andreas, it would be awesome to cruise between multiple cities, each large enough to give an immersive experience, but also keep their own feel. Huge tracts of land and water could be put between them, opening many possibilities.

I'm envisioning a Carribean environment, with Vice City, a model of Bogota and a model of Rio De Janeiro as the other two cities. Bogota and Rio could be on the same island, but divided by a huge jungle (somewhere GTA has yet to go), while Vice City could be on its own large island separated by a large sea. The sea could even have several islands within it, modeling Cuba, Haiti, Jamaica, etc.

This could open up a whole new approach in GTA: Drug trafficking, Scarface style. What we haven't seen yet is a rags to riches story in which riches actually matter. Niko never climbed to the top of an organization, and never ordered attacks on competing cartels. Some RPG elements could be added, allowing you to choose a course of action, such as in the final mission in IV.

Essentially, I'm picturing a game revolving around a drug-fueled war in shit-poor Bogota, circa-1980's cocaine driven Miami that kills in the day and parties at night, and a Rio flooded in tourists, while at the same time being filled by the poor in favelas.

• 2 weeks later...

Good News Guys E3 2010 Document Line Up Has Been Hacked.....THe List Show That The Next Gta Is Called GTA:Vice City 2.So GTA V Will Be at Vice City.. :lolbounce:

Check This Website Dawgs

http://giik.net/gta-5-vice-city-2.htm

Yeah but it could easily be faked, don't get your hopes set too high, E3 is only in just over a week, so just wait it out.

Personally, I think Vice City or Las Venturas. Or like a guy said before, a prequel to San Andreas, set before CJ moved to the East Coast.

• 1 month later...

If you follow the current city cycle and the constant attention it got in IV, it seems Vice City is the best bet. But before Rockstar gets cracking, I have a few suggestions.

IV's map is basically a more detailed version of III's. Not too much changed, other than slight changes in shape and the addition of Bohan. For Vice City, however, you run into a big problem, mainly, what do you change in the map's size and shape to scale it up to the current generation? It only has two islands, and adding another large island might not be in keeping with continuity.

My soulution:

Add more cities.

Like San Andreas, it would be awesome to cruise between multiple cities, each large enough to give an immersive experience, but also keep their own feel. Huge tracts of land and water could be put between them, opening many possibilities.

I'm envisioning a Carribean environment, with Vice City, a model of Bogota and a model of Rio De Janeiro as the other two cities. Bogota and Rio could be on the same island, but divided by a huge jungle (somewhere GTA has yet to go), while Vice City could be on its own large island separated by a large sea. The sea could even have several islands within it, modeling Cuba, Haiti, Jamaica, etc.

This could open up a whole new approach in GTA: Drug trafficking, Scarface style. What we haven't seen yet is a rags to riches story in which riches actually matter. Niko never climbed to the top of an organization, and never ordered attacks on competing cartels. Some RPG elements could be added, allowing you to choose a course of action, such as in the final mission in IV.

Essentially, I'm picturing a game revolving around a drug-fueled war in shit-poor Bogota, circa-1980's cocaine driven Miami that kills in the day and parties at night, and a Rio flooded in tourists, while at the same time being filled by the poor in favelas.

That sounds cool, good idea

i also think it will be in vice city

• 4 weeks later...

I don't lurk the details of Rockstar and this website like I used to when I was still passionate about things, but I wouldn't be surprised if they choose an already-been-done city again. Personally I wouldn't mind, since they usually reinvent the city to be immersed with new fun things to go around doing....

Sometimes I think it'd be fun if they chose another planet or something, but that's too far-fetched apparently. Somewhere in Japan would be really interesting. Maybe Australia.

Here are a few ideas: Vice City would be great:

-Everything could be set in the 2010 era

-A few new Buildings

-Finished off construction sites

-Updated cars, houses, ect

-Add no extra islands but make that the player can enter nearly every building in VC.

-Make more things to do and see. ie. Player can Fly aircraft again

Vice City can Visit SA:

-Set in 2010

-You begin in Vice city but can also go to the airport and book a airline ticket to SA

-You can play in both Cities, VC & SA

-More choice of cars and guns

-More fun ie. Can date girlfriends again, Pizza Missions, Police/Fire uniforms, ect

Edited by MATTB
  • Like 2

I think a nice updated Vice City would be perfect. It would all make sense. They can make it look like a masterpeice with all the bright colors, sunsets, beaches, hotels, nightlife, rich retired people driving sports cars. They can make it 10 times bigger as well. with large malls, lots and lots of interior gameplay. ports and ghettos, rich neighborhoods, construction sites, marinas and docks, hotel tourist traps, bars, clubs, beaches with people everywhere. the list is endless but i think it would be perfect. B)

• 1 month later...

Personally, I'd like to see The Hawaiian islands or Somewhere in asia.

Make Niko start a new life in a whole different country but he gets sucked into that violent lifestyle again.

idk, I'm high... sorry.

That'd actually be dope. I could easily see it, but for some reason I'd rather not be playing Niko in the next GTA. Not sure why I'm against him being in the next one, hell I haven't even played IV yet haha. I'm high too right now, cyber five man.

• 3 months later...