Dan Houser previews GTA IV to the AP

Chris

Dan Houser, the vice president of Rockstar Games recently gave a 90 minute preview to the Associated Press (AP) which bore just a few new snippets of information. The Boston Herald published an article yesterday which gives a couple of noteworthy points.

The only new bit of information given is the fact there will be over 100 fictitious in-game websites to access from Liberty City's computers, one of which is LibertyCityPolice.com. The other interesting point was Dan Houser talking about his favourite mission in GTA IV.

players are tasked with assassinating a character who’s laid up in the hospital. How gamers achieve this goal is completely up to them, whether they decide to quietly sneak in through a window, boisterously bust through the front door guns blazin’ or don scrubs and simply turn off the mark’s life support.

"We’re giving the player choices without ramming it down their throats," said Houser. "They even have a choice at the key moment in the whole story. I don’t want to go into too much detail about it, but I think putting that into the hands of the player is very fun."

You can read the full article if you're interested, but apart from the aforementioned snippets there's nothing new.

"We’re giving the player choices without ramming it down their throats," said Houser. "They even have a choice at the key moment in the whole story. I don’t want to go into too much detail about it, but I think putting that into the hands of the player is very fun."

Now im wondering what that key moment is. Is it who you kill? Who you join? It might mean that the story has diffrent ending? I hope it does.

Yeah that part interested me as well. Something really important must happen in the middle of the story I guess. Kinda wondering what now. Having a variety of choices of accomplishing missions sounds fun and a lot more free. Instead of following precise orders that could fail you the mission very easily you could now do it your own way. Sounds good to me.