SA Modding Tool

mvi

UPDATE

Now finished several pedestrian editors, such as the one below, which allows you to change SA so that cops go around killing all pedestrians. At the moment, my system will not be able to process badly formatted files, and some of R*s files are replaced on installation by perfect versions that make no in-game changes.

SAMTShot02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's coming along a bit slower as I've just had 3 coursework deadlines, but I should make major progress during the holidays. I haven't done much work on it rcently, just working it all out and examing vc pc, vc ps2 and sa ps2 files to work out which files will be the same on the pc version

• 2 months later...

Hey, guys... im pretty good at VB programming... and i already have a tool made for the PS2 version.

When the PC one comes out I will load it up and see what needs to be fixed.

Here is a list of what it can do at the moment:

Vechile Editor- Handling, Model Specs(color, class, frequency), Flags

Store Editor - Allows to change prices and inventory of stores

Weather Editor - (does not work for the PS2 version, but you can see all the sky colors)

Weapons Editor- can make any gun dual wield (but looks funky, because the model dosent support it)

Ped Editor- Ped Stats, Ped Flags/Info, Groups (added clowns to my gang, and gangs ride in go-carts), Ped Behaviour

IMG Editor - lets you add/replace from the IMG file

Also has support for English and French

If you all want you can check it out at GTA Community

Also if you want to help me you can PM me and I will relase the source or add the source you have.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I was thinking about making some modding programs myself. I've done a shit load of modding tools for Halo and decided to give it a rest and wanted to try a new game out. So I got SA for PC :D.

But I only know C++, and C# and the .NET framework

I set up a subforums on my forums to keep a public archive of what data I gather on SA and its files.

::LINK REMOVED:: Get 30 posts and use the gta webring in future ::

So far I have posted my 'research' on the audio files in SA. Next I will be looking at script formatting, with the help of path GTA scripting programs. (I plan to just research the binary files, since all the text encoded files have notes on what every thing is ;p)

Edited by mvi

Why was my linked removed by "mvi"? I only posted it at my forums because I wasn't sure if it was sutable for posting here, since its a programming topic, not a modding topic, and I wanted to keep a public record of what I found >_>

I'm not trying to advertise my site

Edited by kornman00

• 1 year later...