GTA IV Release date announced!

MrLlamaLlama

Well, it appears that Rockstar Games have just announced the official release date for Grand Theft Auto IV.

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is proud to announce the release date for Grand Theft Auto IV, the new title in the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be simultaneously available for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and will be in stores worldwide on April 29, 2008.

"We are so excited to be releasing Grand Theft Auto IV," said Sam Houser, Founder and Executive Producer of Rockstar Games. "We've pushed ourselves very hard to make something incredible and hope the game sets a new benchmark for interactive entertainment."

See it for yourself over at Rockstar's official site and read the press release.

There could be a little delay in Europe however I am starting to doubt my previous thought, they have plenty of time to make the shipments and I think there will be a worlwide release. I go back on my previous post. Though I still think work on the next GTA has already begun after all theirs no time to waste.

More likely they're looking forward to having a kickass office party, then, work will (very slowly) begin after the hangovers begin to wear off...

Scratch that, they're probably gonna start work on the PC version.

I have a little feeling that Europe will get delayed (only 2 days) because thats how its always been, dunno though a worlwide release is definetly on the cards now since they have finished the game, probably starting work on the next game now.

Feels like ever since the delay everyones thought theyre will be a delay some where along the line, whats with that ? :P

Now im getting to feel like i felt in July of last year :clapping: 3 months away :lolbounce: I find it somewhat funny that its being released like right before the end of their 1st quarter, lol