GTA 5 Exclusive to PS3?

IllusionMPN

Found this over at psxextreme

The latest buzz says that Take-Two and Sony have struck an agreement for the next Grand Theft Auto title (the one after GTAIV); the check Sony signed apparently means the game will be a PS3 exclusive. This actually started with a blurb from the Official Xbox Magazine, but it just doesn't make much sense. We'll keep an eye on it, though. In the meantime, feast your eyes on all the fun rumors...let the debate and speculation begin.

If it is true... i might actually cry. :mellow: I'm not spending £300 on a PS3, just for one fucking game!
Console wars bite, companies should join hands. :):P

I agree, Microsoft and Sony should stop trying to outdo each other and focus more on making one kickass console...

The last time 2 companies tried that, it didn't go so well... (Sony vs Nintendo, caused the birth of the PS1 and N64)

But anywhoo... If there wasn't competition, the neither company wuld be as spurred to create a better console... meh.

Too far ahead for me to start thinking now.

lol fat chance of that, I doubt even GTA could REALLY drive sales of the PS3...much like it didn't drive sales for the PSP. I'm not insulting the PSP or LCS/VCS but those are two of only a handful of good PSP games.

Also...the PS3 is nice but...256mb of RAM...Sony has a habit of not putting enough RAM in their consoles.

lol fat chance of that, I doubt even GTA could REALLY drive sales of the PS3...much like it didn't drive sales for the PSP. I'm not insulting the PSP or LCS/VCS but those are two of only a handful of good PSP games.

Also...the PS3 is nice but...256mb of RAM...Sony has a habit of not putting enough RAM in their consoles.

But the PS3 has blu-ray.

Well I was hesitant in even posting this, I'm so glad you guys didn't rip me a new one. LOL I just want to get 4 out of the way first. And in all honesty, I highly doubt any transaction has gone on to buy out the rights, it's purely rumor. I don't own a console and never will, so I don't mind either way lol.

But the PS3 has blu-ray.

So? Blu-ray doesn't matter, the public isn't adopting it like they adopted DVD. The public would rather use an up-converting DVD player or just download HD movies. Blu-ray didn't help the PS3...it caused the delay in production, rose the price, and fucked it all up. If Sony had not put Blu-ray in the PS3, the PS3 might have done better because of how much cheaper it would have been and how much sooner it would have been released.