There will be a fourth GTA IV trailer

Chris

That's according to German gaming website Cynamite.de. The site claims that an unknown Rockstar spokesperson has confirmed that a fourth trailer for GTA IV will be released before the game comes out, and like previous trailers will show cinematic scenes rather than actual gameplay footage.

No release date for the trailer has been announced by Rockstar as of yet, but we'll keep you updated on that.

Link: Cynamite article (translated)

Thanks to Stallone on our forums for this and everyone who emailed.

I think I am the only one who still think a summer release (june/july) maybe even May is on the cards. I think the game is finished but the right time to release a game is not around April in my opinion, I think they would better off releasing a game near the summer.

Having a fourth trailer might not be as good as people think, I already think we have more than enough information, and too much information could ruin the game, although the trailer is probably just going ot be a few seconds long with a possible release date.

Rockstar has released barely any information. Other games really give loads of stuff. Every week new info.

Nintendo gives more information about Super Smash Bros every single day. Crysis had more more vids released then my HDD could store (not really. But just a way of saying). Pro Street has lots of information too.

We've only had 3 vids. Not 1 actual gameplay vid, we still don't know what the hud will look like.

I like Rockstars trailers (the La Noire trailer is almost a master piece. Just like a movie) and I think it's would be great if they'd make a fourth trailer, this time a cinimatic one. They're just very catchy somehow.

maybe i'm just being stupid/arogant/misled but i was sure some of the action scenes in the trailers were actual game play??.. i mean.. otherwise all the nice shots of the bullet sn the cars flying around would all be staged to look better than what they would in the game.

oh well.. i dont really care about another trailer.. i just want the game :(

Rockstar has released barely any information. Other games really give loads of stuff. Every week new info.

Nintendo gives more information about Super Smash Bros every single day. Crysis had more more vids released then my HDD could store (not really. But just a way of saying). Pro Street has lots of information too.

We've only had 3 vids. Not 1 actual gameplay vid, we still don't know what the hud will look like.

I like Rockstars trailers (the La Noire trailer is almost a master piece. Just like a movie) and I think it's would be great if they'd make a fourth trailer, this time a cinimatic one. They're just very catchy somehow.

I agree with you on that...

Take Halo 3 as an example...There was so many updates prior to the release that when the game was released you would pretty know much everything, apart from the main storyline of course.

The last major release into the addition of GTA games was in 2004/2005 with San Andreas. If you think about it, Rockstar is bound to have finished developing the game, going through it for bugs, and all that stuff. The only thing they haven't done yet is marketing...Sure they have the official website for the game, they do advertise it in game stores (I asked a salesman at GW once when it was being released and he said April 2008) but there is just too little information about the game like Jace said. We've only got 3 trailers to watch, there are NO gameplay videos where we can get a taste of the HUD layout and how it will look like and there are unconfirmed reports circulating the internet. Give us official details, Rockstar!

Edited by aznn

It says the article was deleted...

That`s true.I clicked on the transalated link and it transalated it fine but it said

This article was deleted

Maybe it was fake... <_<

If an article turns out to be false it's usually updated and the author apologises for the misinformation. If an article is true it gets deleted and everyone pretends it was never there, I'm guessing Rockstar may have asked them to take it down. We [fansite webmasters] haven't heard anything though so I'm not sure.

Last time this happened we were emailed and asked to remove the article with 'leaked' stuff'.

It says the article was deleted...

That`s true.I clicked on the transalated link and it transalated it fine but it said

This article was deleted

Maybe it was fake... <_<

If an article turns out to be false it's usually updated and the author apologises for the misinformation. If an article is true it gets deleted and everyone pretends it was never there, I'm guessing Rockstar may have asked them to take it down. We [fansite webmasters] haven't heard anything though so I'm not sure.

Last time this happened we were emailed and asked to remove the article with 'leaked' stuff'.

Maybe Rockstar are releasing a fourth GTA IV trailer but they don`t want us to know about it...yet.

Yeah, but for some reason, there will be another trailer coming soon, if not, Rockstar might of not told that guy who wrote the article to remove it. But asking for it to be removed is probably telling us that it's been leaked. But it could also have been made up. We can never guarantee that it's 100% official or not, but we best keep up with some news like this.