298 replies to this topic

#41 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

Oh, I wasn't around then, but it sounds fine. If OGTAM finishes my sig, I'll credit him for it.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather'

#42 hunter88888

hunter88888

Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Bulgaria 

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:08 PM

On first viewing I thought you'd got rid of the Trading Stalls, which I would have had a problem with, but thankfully that hasn't happened - I'm cool with all the other changes.

But getting rid of the store means we don't have points anymore, for reasons I mentioned. We won't have a use for the trading stalls - the only main thing it's used for is for trading graphics now, but that can just be moved to the graphics forum. I don't see why everything has to be done for points, how about some respect - that's far more important.

It is, but how will you be able to get new graphics made by other members? If they're taking their time out to do something for you, and they don't get anything for it, I don't really see the point TBH. If they give them to you for free, then fine, but it just seems a little odd to me. I know that the only thing you could do with the cash was buy weapons and other things, that you probably wouldn't end up using anyway, but still. What happens to the dollars we have on hand then, do they mean anything or not? I guess they'll be wiped out when the store goes.

They could do it cuz they're compasionate and like making sigs. Like you said, you'd probably not even use the money, so what's the big deal?

#43 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

I always like the points system. Even though it's useless, it's just fun seeing it grow over years time. After 1,5 years it finally starts to become a decent amount. Just nice to see that.

They've got no actual purpose though. Oh, wait. The Arcade. You win points in the Arcade.
But then.. nobody really uses the Arcade anymore..

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#44 GTA Don

GTA Don

It was a good day.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts
  •    England 

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:43 PM

The arcade was good,but like Jace said,no one really goes there anymore.
The points system is fun,even though it has no purpose.It`s still fun.

Ermm...

#45 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:46 PM

That's another good point actually which I thought of but didn't post about. Removing the arcade. I mean, does anyone really make any use of that except for when they're bored? There hasn't been a tournament since we had it installed years ago, because hardly anyone is actually interested. All it served for was to pass time away, but why do that when we have better things to do like play multiplayer GTA.
If you wanna play games there's plenty of sites out there for you.

Any thoughts on that?

#46 Ciaran

Ciaran

1 pWn t3h n00bs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

Wait hold up, we have an arcade?!

Jokes. Went into it once, never went back in.

#47 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

Yea Chris, I played Breakout a few times, got bored, now it's no use to me, and I doubt it is to anyone else. :P

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#48 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:19 PM

I visited the arcade once, looked at it, never came back in, no offence but it was shit. It's not useful to anyone.

#49 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:21 PM

The arcade is gone now :(
It was fun to go there actually.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#50 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:06 AM

I've played that fox game loads of evenings. Really fun game.

Too bad..

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#51 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:06 PM

Nearly seems as if we are doing the same thing another site did, oh wait thats cause we are doing the same thing :D .

Lame. :rolleyes:

#52 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:09 PM

Nearly seems as if we are doing the same thing another site did, oh wait thats cause we are doing the same thing :D .

Lame. :rolleyes:

So what's your point? Things change, get over it. If you don't like the changes then put up a good argument or leave.

#53 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:03 PM

Chris, if your willing to I'm learning Lua and can help with a script for the MTA SA server. I'm thinking deathmatch RPG with a system so people can login with they're forum username and password and manage from a web based system. Lua makes it extremely easy.

#54 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

Sorry about my bad attitude. I suppose we could have both, since everyone likes different things.

I've started on a gamemode for SAMP, it's quite fun, Pawn is a nice language.

Sorry about like, my earlier posts Rockstarrem..:(

Planning any other changes Chris?

Edited by Psycho Connor, 07 January 2008 - 08:52 PM.

Posted Image

Ah, IRC, where men are men, women are men, and 14-year old girls are FBI agents.

#55 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:51 PM

It's all good Connor, and yes Pawn is a nice language, I actually like it a bit better then Lua right now, but that's because I'm more used to Pawn.

#56 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

I dunno yet Connor, we'll see what happens. Probably not anything major.

See if we have guys like you (rem and connor) learning the scripting languages then we could probably whip something up for ourselves. I guess I can use my knowledge of programming languages and learn it almost immediately depending on how it works.

#57 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:21 PM

It's really easy to pick up.

A TGTAP gamemode would be fun, could possibly integrate things from the forums into the game.

Ah, a suggestion, when people make sigs for people, people could rate the sigs 1-10 and the points could add up, showing who the big guys in graphics are. Probably MrLlamaLlama.

Posted Image

#58 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:43 AM

I just thought I'd post this video here for the MTA haters. Jordan made it for PlanetGTA.

Things we can notice:
Beautiful menu interface which looks very simple to use
Easy to connect to server in the server browser (same as SAMP here tbh)
Syncing issues? There are very few imo, when Jordan shot people they lost health more or less straight away.

And this isn't to say we won't use SAMP, it's just for the people who were complaining about MTA for no apparent reason.

Now back on topic, can I get a quick vote on who here would play multiplayer San Andreas (either mod).. i.e. those of you with SA for the PC and would actively game online. Just post so I can get an idea of how many people we'd have.

#59 Charger

Charger

Right-Hand Man

• Members
  • 971 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:06 AM

Well I'll for sure play GTA SA on SAMP or MTA, but I have heard you cant have SAMP and MTA installed at the same time right?

I can also play VCMP?

#60 Connor

Connor

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:54 AM

Just duplicate your installation, install MTA on one, SAMP on another.

Thanks for the video Chris, I think I must of been on a VERY shit server.

I'm still not very keen on the interface and things like that, when I found a server, I couldn't alt-tab out to tell my friends. Although they did look very nice.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users