Important: Multiplayer / Gang / Store Changes Imminent

Chris

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned in my first or second post I think, but hightly doubted it would be possible. But if you say it is..

It would certainly really kick-ass and also attract lots of people to the forums. I'd love to see something like that.

@Rockstarrem: So you think you'd be able to make something like that? If so, do you think it'd be possible to intergrate the bank into it. So you'll only use on-hand cash to buy weapons and if you get killed during the game, on-hand cash will go to the person who killed you (and if you just got blasted to death by crashing you hydra the cash would go into cyber oblivion).

Think that could be done?

I still suck at Lua, I've looked through the function list though and yes it is possible. Also, I'm thinking for the map that gangs can create their own territory with the MTA map editor (we give them restrictions), they send us the map, and then we just put it into our map. We'd restart the game mode like once a week or something.

And you should't enable the option to teleport. People could take advantage of that.

It wouldn't matter to be honest. We would just have different Pedestrian skins for each Gang. And we would have colour codes for each gang. But maybe the gang dons should choose.

The Countryside & desert can be used for messing around and for getting from one city to another. The countryside can be used as the zone were say an SFM member go against another SFM member.

If the gangs get there own ped and city. The whole map can still be active and people can still do what ever they want just the gangs can spawn at their hideout in the cities and maybe gang wars could happen once a month or something. Just a quick thought

Edited by Noru

If this does work out I would buy GTA:SA for my computer. I'm all for each gang having it's own little base. But I think a whole is city is a bit too big, since each gang has around 8+ active members, all of which might not GTA:SA. Plus also as you stated, maybe someone should make a few topics from for the gangs to sort themselves out, reserve their base etc... Or they could do that in their private forum.

Well here are what Subuzi Family Mafia are wanting

San Fierro (2 Votes)

--- Jizzys Pleasure Domes (Hideout) (2 Votes)

Sabre (1 Vote)

Admiral (1 Vote)

Colour Code

Red (1 Vote)

Green (1 Vote)

Alright, for the gang hideouts I think Chris should start a new topic. We need to form an Lua coding team as well, that will be in another topic as well as the gang bases topic. This topic we can use for ideas. I have a shit load, but I want to hear what the general population has to say.

Woah woah woah woah slow down... we haven't even a server yet and you're talking about what your gang wants. Firstly we need to figure out the limitations and how far we can go with the scripting language, and what we can do with the game. Then once we lay down what's possible we can decide on how we want to do things, and then things like which gangs have which turf etc.

Now I can see that things are becoming much more serious now so I think my suggestion of having a forum for multiplayer related topics is going to be needed. However I don't want to have people trying to recruit for multiplayer gangs when we still have the old gangs too. With both things will get very complicated and messy.

What we'll probably do is archive existing gang forums, and move gang topics which are still active, i.e. the big gangs and those that wish to play in multiplayer battles etc. into the new multiplayer forum.

Bear in mind I have no idea how to script something like this, but here's a few suggestions. Consider it as thinking out

loud.

What about some kind of side work like delivery (similar to SA courier missions) that get you a realistic steady income,

like $50-100 a day. This would be your "on person" money & you would have banks & ATMs to access your bank account.

Deposit your money where it collects interest & is safe form losing it. Don't deposit & if you get killed or busted, you lose it

(as in Scarface).

I also suggest something like a pawn shop where you sell off extra weapons (like Tec-9s & pistols) picked up in fire fights &

each recognized gang has a warehouse where these items & captured vehicles could be stockpiled.

Save houses would be in apartment complexes & each member would have a basic apartment where they can access their

stored weapons & items. When you enter the building, you get the option of entering your own apartment or visiting w/

another member (if home/online) to chat, trade or co-op play. Each gang would have their own complex & members in

good standing would have their apartments there. There would also be other properties that could be bought (& sold later

if, you wanted) & stocked.

Burglary could be an option, but if you get caught in a rival gang's building.....

***"Mack the Knife" plays in the background***