Important: Multiplayer / Gang / Store Changes Imminent

Chris

Seriously doubt this would work with people not staying active. Dissapointed that the gang wars are sort of gone now and to be honest I dont think many people have a 360/PS3 yet so that might not work straight away and I wont be buying IV from day 1.

Although I can see this working for SA MP people and also MTA people, I wouldn't want the gangs gone but there just seems no point in them anymore, all we do in the Private forums is just talk about life generally. The store has not meaning but the points must stay, most people won't do graphics for free, I am sure of it.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SA-MP will die once MTA DM is fully released, I can guarantee it. It's WAY more flexible and user friendly, I hate to say it but SA-MP WILL die, I seriously have to say this. It may be more popular at the moment, but once people realize that in MTA when you shoot people they die, they'll switch over. I'm not a fanboy in any way to MTA, I'm just telling the truth.

SAMP kicks MTA's arse, and you know it.

And it took me around 5 minutes to kill a guy standing around.

On SAMP it took me about 10 seconds with a moving person.

Meh.

MTA sucks.

Edited by Psycho Connor

SA-MP and MTA are the two BEST mods available for GTA. They're both awesome and each have their own pros and cons. MTASA DM isn't even a final build yet so everyone bashing it is looking like a fool. Now everyone STFU about that. Like, Connor wtf is with your "and you know it" attitude, what are you 12? Sounds like you were on a shit server tbh.

There's really no need to side, they're both great mods and at the moment it's personal preference. It's also extremely unfair comparing a developer preview to a final build. Having said that, have any of you even played MTA? Have you seen the interface, it looks fantastic, they put a lot more effort into the whole experience.

People are saying that nobody has a 360/PS3 and nobody has GTA on PC. WTF? How can that be possible, it makes no sense? The people who can't play are the ones who are most vocal which is why you might get that impression. If you're one of the few that can't play online then tough, that's your problem. You're going to miss out on a lot of fun though. So if possible, try and get your PC upgraded or save up for a console, if you're a kid.

And btw once we do get a server going will post it on the site as well so thousands of people will see it. Now, the vast majority of people come here for GTA mods, so guess what, most these people have GTASA on their PC's, so chances are they're going to be interested in the MTA/SAMP server. Hell maybe we can put both on and see which people prefer. People need to give both a chance.

This can easily get pretty popular and improve activity.

SA-MP and MTA are the two BEST mods available for GTA. They're both awesome and each have their own pros and cons. MTASA DM isn't even a final build yet so everyone bashing it is looking like a fool. Now everyone STFU about that. Like, Connor wtf is with your "and you know it" attitude, what are you 12? Sounds like you were on a shit server tbh.

There's really no need to side, they're both great mods and at the moment it's personal preference. It's also extremely unfair comparing a developer preview to a final build. Having said that, have any of you even played MTA? Have you seen the interface, it looks fantastic, they put a lot more effort into the whole experience.

People are saying that nobody has a 360/PS3 and nobody has GTA on PC. WTF? How can that be possible, it makes no sense? The people who can't play are the ones who are most vocal which is why you might get that impression. If you're one of the few that can't play online then tough, that's your problem. You're going to miss out on a lot of fun though. So if possible, try and get your PC upgraded or save up for a console, if you're a kid.

And btw once we do get a server going will post it on the site as well so thousands of people will see it. Now, the vast majority of people come here for GTA mods, so guess what, most these people have GTASA on their PC's, so chances are they're going to be interested in the MTA/SAMP server. Hell maybe we can put both on and see which people prefer. People need to give both a chance.

I think this will atract more people to the site and forum.

On first viewing I thought you'd got rid of the Trading Stalls, which I would have had a problem with, but thankfully that hasn't happened - I'm cool with all the other changes.

But getting rid of the store means we don't have points anymore, for reasons I mentioned. We won't have a use for the trading stalls - the only main thing it's used for is for trading graphics now, but that can just be moved to the graphics forum. I don't see why everything has to be done for points, how about some respect - that's far more important.

It is, but how will you be able to get new graphics made by other members? If they're taking their time out to do something for you, and they don't get anything for it, I don't really see the point TBH. If they give them to you for free, then fine, but it just seems a little odd to me. I know that the only thing you could do with the cash was buy weapons and other things, that you probably wouldn't end up using anyway, but still. What happens to the dollars we have on hand then, do they mean anything or not? I guess they'll be wiped out when the store goes.

Sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that, what I meant was that he just seemed to be saying MTA has lots of things what it doesn't have, but what SAMP has. Not usually like that.

Good Changes, I have 1 question, could we recruit members to other clans? Or just the ones that are in TGTAP (Gangs)?

Good Point. I Wish We Could Recruit People To Our Online Gangs. That'd Maybe Work For TGTAP As They Would Be A Big Part Of The Multiplayer Online System.

Maybe TGTAP Should Create A Special Server For SAMP?

On first viewing I thought you'd got rid of the Trading Stalls, which I would have had a problem with, but thankfully that hasn't happened - I'm cool with all the other changes.

But getting rid of the store means we don't have points anymore, for reasons I mentioned. We won't have a use for the trading stalls - the only main thing it's used for is for trading graphics now, but that can just be moved to the graphics forum. I don't see why everything has to be done for points, how about some respect - that's far more important.

It is, but how will you be able to get new graphics made by other members? If they're taking their time out to do something for you, and they don't get anything for it, I don't really see the point TBH. If they give them to you for free, then fine, but it just seems a little odd to me. I know that the only thing you could do with the cash was buy weapons and other things, that you probably wouldn't end up using anyway, but still. What happens to the dollars we have on hand then, do they mean anything or not? I guess they'll be wiped out when the store goes.

Well, back in the olden days people kind enough to make sigs would usually get the person they're doing it for to write "Sig by [usernmame]" underneath the sig so people would see it and they'd gain respect like that. It always worked well and there was more of a good-natured feeling around.

They could do it cuz they're compasionate and like making sigs. Like you said, you'd probably not even use the money, so what's the big deal?

I always like the points system. Even though it's useless, it's just fun seeing it grow over years time. After 1,5 years it finally starts to become a decent amount. Just nice to see that.

They've got no actual purpose though. Oh, wait. The Arcade. You win points in the Arcade.

But then.. nobody really uses the Arcade anymore..

That's another good point actually which I thought of but didn't post about. Removing the arcade. I mean, does anyone really make any use of that except for when they're bored? There hasn't been a tournament since we had it installed years ago, because hardly anyone is actually interested. All it served for was to pass time away, but why do that when we have better things to do like play multiplayer GTA.

If you wanna play games there's plenty of sites out there for you.

Any thoughts on that?