GTA VC cannot find enough available video memory

NSanityHD

Hey guys & girls.

After going through a color quality and resolution problem, my GTA Vice City gives me this error when starting "GTA VC cannot find enough available video memory". When I fixed my color and resolution problem, by downloading a new NVIDIA graphics driver, I got my resolution and color quality back to normal. From then, I tried playing VC last night, and I get this error now. I tried installing a latest NVIDIA graphics driver, but no luck. Last time, I had an older version of an NVIDIA driver, but do not appear to find it now. I downloaded that old driver from Ares torrent, and that one was a working graphics driver. I don't know witch one I had because it was like, 2 years ago. (I think).

Could anyone help me, all of the help will be greatly appreciated.

Btw, my computers motherboard is NVIDIA, and graphics card.

Thanks,

Ice

Ok. First the motherboard:

NVIDIA GeForce 6100 VGA.

PC Specs:

Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (I removed Vista).

Version: 2002 SP2 also. 192 MB of RAM.

My "192 MB" does play Vice City. Ask GuNNeR, I don't think he is here though...

He is on R1Gaming Forums.

EDIT: This is what my quality looks like, and my computer has all of the latest updates, critical updates etc etc...

post-11999-1199467665_thumb.png

^ Thats what it looks like.

Edited by I©e

Chris82, I have had this Graphics Card since I got my PC. My PC is only 2 and half years old.

I downloaded a graphics driver from NVIDIA and from Ares 1 year ago, and it worked. I could play all of my games, with no graphics, color quality problems. This only started happening when I re-installed Windows XP Home Edition.

I have an AMD 64 Athlon processor.

I got this problem because of my Realtek Audio Definition sound program. That program had an hardware failure.

It had worked until I had an hardware failure. Now GTA VC says it requires at least DirectX 8.1 :huh:

Uhm, my PC is 4 years and 2 months and is much better. Maybe you've got to consider buying a full new computer, not just a new graphic card. Cause it does really look very outdated.. Really.

Was it bought second hand? Cause that could explain it..

Just to be sure:

Go to start -> run -> dxdiag.