• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:58 PM

GTAForums member BlueSpot has spotted what could well be the map of Liberty City in a scene in the third trailer. The screenshot (below) shows what we believe to be the map. From the left we can assume this would be Alderney (cut off), Algonquin in the middle, Broker on the right, and Bohan at the top.

Posted Image

Obviously we can't tell for sure due to the lack of detail, but it's an interesting find nonetheless.

#2 DemonDelight

DemonDelight

Formerly ┘Kyle┌

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:03 AM

that IS a good find. you see, its stuff like that i cant catch when i look at the trailers. if it is the map though, it doesnt show too much.

Posted Image
I ♥ The GTA Place

#3 Swifty

Swifty

Hustler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  •    England 

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:48 AM

Good find if it is the map, but if it is, it's going to be interesting to see what happens at the points where the landmass reaches the edge of the map, as all the other 3D maps have been surrounded by water.
Posted Image

#4 STL67

STL67

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:02 AM

I doubt thats the map, but whatever it is a good find. I think it looks like a phone, or radio of some sort.
"Welcome To America" 04/29/08!

#5 DemonDelight

DemonDelight

Formerly ┘Kyle┌

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:49 AM

Good find if it is the map, but if it is, it's going to be interesting to see what happens at the points where the landmass reaches the edge of the map, as all the other 3D maps have been surrounded by water.

yea. you just brought that to my attention now. since its supposed to be a remake of NYC, i wonder what R* will do with that...

Posted Image
I ♥ The GTA Place

#6 Whitey

Whitey

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • United States 

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:32 AM

In GTA3 they made the top of Shoreside Vale so steep you couldn't climb up it, and they blocked off the tunnels.

#7 fatalgamer

fatalgamer

fatalgamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:03 AM

I highly doubt it but, sharp eyes.
Posted Image

#8 K9 Krew

K9 Krew

Powaful Impak.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:29 AM

Black=Land
White=Water :blink:

That being so this is a really rough map i thought of making(Bored FTW)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Signature Made By MrLlamaLlama

I LOVE HIP HOP, AUSSIE HIP HOP, RAP, GANGSTA RAP, UK RAP, AND LATINO RAP.

BUT I HATE CRUNK AND ALL THAT DUUUURTTY SOUTH BULLSHIT MUSIC FULL OF WHISTLES AND WITH WHICH EVERY RAPPERS NAME STARTS WITH LIL'.

I ALSO DISLIKE TUPAC BUT I DO LIKE A COUPLE OF HIS ALBUMS

#9 Gycu

Gycu

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:44 AM

This is a good find IF it is the real map ... I can't find another game except GTA where the gamers put the screenshots and the trailers at microscope :lol: Also, noticed there is the same "map" on the other side of the red button too, it's a bit smaller but the same ...
Posted Image

#10 hunter88888

hunter88888

Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Bulgaria 

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:59 PM

That's cuz these guys are GTA4 info/map junkies... :D

#11 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:27 PM

Im split on this whether it is the map or not, doubt R* would put something like this in a trailer but anything is possible.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#12 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

Probably just a detail (for cop car), like the VC maps in SA trashcans.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#13 GTA Don

GTA Don

It was a good day.

• Members
  • 3,605 posts
  •    England 

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

It could be a GPS tracking system and it`s showing all the places like Algonquin and the others,so I guess it could be part of the map,or it could be

Ermm...

#14 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

To be honest, this might not even be a real map. They're not accurately building New York, and if they were to, we'd realize that it's actually a full map of New York. This could possibly be a part of the map, or it could be completely fake. I'm not so sure whether to believe it's a full front end map which is actually what most people think, but it could be part of the inside, or as most of us would call it, the texture's of the interior.

For one, that could be possibly true that it could be fake, especially with it having a texture of the map, but they could just be making this map up just for show. But seeing that it looks partly different to a real map, I'd say it's fake. Also K9, that long black thin part of the land looks like a really thin, but long penis.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#15 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:19 AM

Ehh..

I'm not really leaning on that picture as a map but none the less a cool find. Really cool find actually..seems somewhat similar but I'm still sure it's not a map.

#16 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:32 AM

yea. you just brought that to my attention now. since its supposed to be a remake of NYC, i wonder what R* will do with that...

Um, Liberty City has always been "New York".... They could still do the same thing they did last time....

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#17 Highwire

Highwire

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:27 AM

It could be a GPS tracking system and it`s showing all the places like Algonquin and the others,so I guess it could be part of the map,or it could be

It probally is. I looked closely and some of the black kinda looks like a dot like on all the mini-maps in the past GTA games.

I do think this is (part of) the map in IV.

#18 demolition5

demolition5

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Albania 

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:04 AM

If u guys still think its not libery City.... then y does the cop boat have the letters LCPD (Liberty City Police Department)..

they prob redid the map... to make it bigger or better, cuz in GTA 3 it wasn't hard tofind your way around the city since there were only like 3 real roads in the game.

#19 Thomas.

Thomas.

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 6,715 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:16 AM

If u guys still think its not libery City.... then y does the cop boat have the letters LCPD (Liberty City Police Department)..

they prob redid the map... to make it bigger or better, cuz in GTA 3 it wasn't hard tofind your way around the city since there were only like 3 real roads in the game.

We all know it's Liberty City.

I don't think it is a map unless it's part of a map. It could a map of one of the districts in Liberty City or a GPS system but I'm not too sure that it is the "real" mp if you know what I mean.

Posted Image
Past member of the Fiore Family Mafia ;_;

#20 Switch Designs

Switch Designs

WWW.GTAFORLIFE.COM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

I really like this post. very good eye to whoever caught it. I like watching the trailers frame by frame too lol.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users