Next GTA

Gerard

We all know what's going to be in GTA IV, and that although some things are different (wanted levels, detail, no planes) most of it is the same as the GTA III stuff (but better).

What would you like to see in the next GTA, after GTA IV?

Would you want the same as GTA IV but with a new city and story, like they did with GTA III (by making Vice City etc)? Or do you fancy trying out something totally different to anything we've ever seen before? Bring back planes? Set in a different country, or the whole world, or in space? Play as multiple characters? Design your own character? See the GTA IV Wishlist, the old GTA San Andreas Wishlist and the Ultimate GTA4 Poll for some ideas.

If you think you have any decent suggestions, post them here. We might even send the best ones off to Rockstar...

I have to be honest with you - I hope they are going to make it the same way as they did with San Andreas and Vice City, after GTA III, here's my concern:

If they do do it this way, what are the chances we will get a new city. Think about it, they have used the same cities in all of the GTA games besides London. GTA I, I can't say for II, but in GTA I they had San Andreas, Vice City, and Liberty City in the same game. Are they going to re create Vice City after GTA IV? What will they do? If they follow the same plan they always have, expect another Vice City. Any thoughts?

I like it. If they do make another Vice City after GTA IV, I'd like it to be big, not like VC where it was small. And probably a old character? But that usually never happens (Only in VC), but it would be interesting seeing something like that to happen. Also, they should also focus on the interior because it would be even interesting if you could actually see a nice and detailed interior where you can explore.

I got lots, so I'll be posting more soon.

Agreed, it would be awesome to see all the 80's interiors and stuff. That's probably what I'd most prefer, A remake of Vice City. VC being wiely noted as the best in the franchise, i don't think it would spur quite as much "this city id getting old / boring" as IV has done.

An awesome easter egg would be Tommy's corpse in a morgue, filled with bullet wounds. :P Also, maybe some stuff about Ken Rosenberg and Avery in VC.

*realises Avery is

dead

But yeah, bring on GTAIV: Vice City!

This is pointless because GTAIV isn't out yet. We hardly know any specifics. You all suffer from a massive lack of faith in Rockstar don't you if you want to discuss the next game. Wow...

Yeah, seems like this topic is sort of jumping the gun. I do like to think of what they could improve with the games, but not until I could actually see for my self what they could improve.

It's like never playing a game before but suggesting how they could improve the game play. Doesn't make sense to me.

SUGGESTION: Maybe this topic should be closed and re-opened after GTAIV is released. Then we could get more intelligent ideas instead of filling this topic with random ideas, which stem from older games that may have had features and what not already improved in GTAIV that we don't know of yet.

Edited by Original GTA Master

Geez you cynics.

We aren't discussing how to improve the gameplay. We're asking what we'd like to see after GTA IV - there is a difference. Obviously we can only comment on what we know about IV, such as it's location, scale, characters, macro storyline etc (as well as a small amount of technical detail).

For example some people (including me, and 3 other people in this topic) want to see Vice City again. We know it isn't going to be in GTA IV, because that's set in Liberty City. So here you can say you'd like to see another GTA IV (after this first one) set in Vice City. Or instead have it in a GTA 5 which is totally different from IV. What's pointless about that?

After IV has been out a while there'll be a proper wishlist topic for what we want to see inside the next game. By the time we know what/where the next game is we can go into excruciating detail. But for now, just large-scale ideas.

Geez you cynics.

We aren't discussing how to improve the gameplay. We're asking what we'd like to see after GTA IV - there is a difference. Obviously we can only comment on what we know about IV, such as it's location, scale, characters, macro storyline etc (as well as a small amount of technical detail).

For example some people (including me, and 3 other people in this topic) want to see Vice City again. We know it isn't going to be in GTA IV, because that's set in Liberty City. So here you can say you'd like to see another GTA IV (after this first one) set in Vice City. Or instead have it in a GTA 5 which is totally different from IV. What's pointless about that?

This may sound stupid for some people but I would like to have all three cities avaible in the next gta.

I would definitely like to see a rebuilt Vice City using the RAGE engine...All the bright lights, Miami themes, beaches, sunsets...all using the RAGE engine *drools* AND Las Venturas.

I hope Rockstar keeps all the unrealistic human capabilities that made GTA stand out from the crowd; like heads getting chopped off, cartoon-ish violence, and etc. The low quality graphics in III, VC and SA was pretty cool too even though they weren't the best around.

I would definitely like to see a rebuilt Vice City using the RAGE engine...All the bright lights, Miami themes, beaches, sunsets...all using the RAGE engine *drools* AND Las Venturas.

I hope Rockstar keeps all the unrealistic human capabilities that made GTA stand out from the crowd; like heads getting chopped off, cartoon-ish violence, and etc. The low quality graphics in III, VC and SA was pretty cool too even though they weren't the best around.

Someone loves the RAGE engine. :wub:

A NEW CITY!!! I Get Sick Of Liberty City. GTAIV Looks Ok Though At Least They Redesigned It. GTA Needs Something New Like Better Free Roam Modes Or Some Sort Of Level Creator Would Be Good. LOL.

I can only tell what I think the next GTA games cities are. For the one after IV it will be VC after that SA and then restarting. But For sure they will be better than the ones before.

Yes. Maybe. But They Redisigned Liberty City. Hopefuly They'll Redesign Vice City And San Andreas. :D I'd Love To see San Andreas With More Interiors. Maybe A Good Stunt Park?

GTA IV Only Appeals To Me Because I've Seen Lots Of New Actions And Added AI I'd Like To See Those In San Andreas.

Good point. Rockstar (and many others) heavily rely on resemblance to create GTA games. If they think outside of the square there is a chance people will not like what they create; just like new inventions - people will be afraid to try new things but somehow it makes it into our daily routines. But I really think Rockstar should go for another city after GTAIV; such as a move out of the United States (which was a rumor in GTAIV's early stages) or scrap everything and make new vehicles, buildings, houses - pretty much everything.

Well London has some pretty small roads but it would be great for a GTA game.

A bigger San Andreas all together would be great - just imagine Las Venturas with shining lights like in Vice City *drools*

A bigger San Fierro would be good because the normal SF was a bit too small but still great

And a bigger Los Santos with more run down areas like Ganton would make it perfect!

Need a Lil Patience

GTA: V

Tommy Verceeti will be as old as he needs to be.(Cuz he rocks.)

Cars:Stallion 1970s version

senteniel san andreas

all the planes on san andreas and more like a stealth fighter

sabre turbo vice city stories version

hotknife

bullet

2007 charger for copcar name:central city police department

firetruck course we need one o those

same with ambulance

and swat

this timewhen we get six stars the hunters on our ass

and rhino

patriot needs to be a public car

landsalker model of 2005 tahoe

corvette zo6 the new hellenbach gt

lamborghini revention infernus

v8 ghost 2003 lamborghini murcielago

manana four door 1980 chevrolet caprice classic

perenial a subaru outback

blista coupe dodge magnum

sentenial XL: 300C hemi

sentenial: 300C v6

san andreas jester

the car on san andreas that looks like a skyline i forget its name but its a tuner

truck and trailers like on san andreas

and more cars

Storyline

Tommy is sent to central city by C.J. who is carl johnson

tommy works for alot of ppl and ken rosenburg's back and balder than ever!

in teh end tommy and carl fight tommy wins yay!

abilities (big one!)

ride with different ppl

girlfriends be able to get married kinda gay but cool

customizeable cars

races

clothes like on san andreas

drive big boat type ships!

walk into any building

food thing like on san andreas

climb things like ladders

import export cars

get a job!(you bum)

gun sotres and stuff like walmart

be able to build a house to live in

advanced stealing cars like on gta IV

fully damage able cars so like if a car tbones you the cars bends the opposite way it got hit

get hurt when in car crashes

be able to get drunk

be able to tweak cars handling

city: a remade chicago

be able to jump off the sears tower chrysler w/e

parachute

in the walmart thing you should be able to by supplies for your car and home and food

full weather (snow,rain,wind etc.)

Put gas in your car if u get stuck in snowstorm or out of gas you can call towtruck

Edited by spike123131