A Few Changes Made

Chris

First of all, a happy new year to you all, most of you are now in 2008!

This topic is here to inform you about some of the changes we're making based on some of the ideas which have arisen recently from other staff and indeed regular members of TGTAP.

The first of those to speak about is some changes to the staff lineup. No demotions, only promotions :)

Sky has been promoted to administrator, being one of the most trustworthy and longest standing super mods. He's someone else I can rely on making good decisions and implementing changes we might discuss etc, even if it's just to help me out.

MrLlamaLlama and rockstarrem have been promoted to Super Mod, as well as Spaz who we've given back his position. These people can now help moderate the entire forum to keep it running smoothly.

Finally, MishoM and Lord Voldemort have been given more individual forums to moderate.

The rest remain unchanged.

The next change I'm going to talk about is the creation of the General GTA forum. This is something I never really saw the point of having, but it's clear that a number of you wanted it, so we've made it. The forum is for those topics which are about GTA, but which might cover several of the games in the series. Or, they might not be about a particular GTA, just about the series in general, perhaps future games etc.

Inside this forum I have moved our GTA Classics and GTA Advance subforums, as although these are still needed and occasionally posted in, they aren't particularly active, it seems a sensible place to keep them out the way.

The other major change is the removal of our infamous Warzone forum. While many of you might think this not to be such a great idea, I'll explain why I am personally doing such a thing.

Firstly, the amount of topics being made there has been increasing a lot. It seems like everytime someone gets annoyed by another member theygo straight into the warzone and flame them - then, everyone else joins in, sometimes even if they aren't involved whatsoever. Granted, there were some popular and legit topics there, a couple of which are now in the Fun and Offtopic forum due to demand.

For the most part, the warzone was an outlet for everyones anger, but which often spilled over into other parts of the forum, which is the opposite of what it was originally made for. Since we want to move away from all this negativity, we suggest that if a member is annoying you to the point where you feel the need to be vocal, try to settle your differences via PM. I'd like to point out that the PM function does indeed have a Block facility, so if someones tries harassing you, you can simply block them from sending you anymore PM's. Though if they tried harassing you you may want to inform an admin as we don't condone this.

As I mentioned above, the Fun and Offtopic forum is the new name for fun and games. I also wrote a new description for it to better describe the content. It's a forum that some don't like, but others love. I'm keeping it because I think everyone still needs a forum where they can go to let their hair down so to speak. To get away from all the seriousness of the rest of the forum and go crazy or whatever. We'd like to see people not use this forum so much though, and aim to post more in the GTA forums since that's what we're all about. There will be more incentive to post there with more possible changes on the way though, which you'll hear about at a later date.

Heh, i was just about to go to bed...

Congrats to Rockstarrem, you deserved that dude, like, relly deserved it. Also, well done to Sky, know you'll make a kick - ass admin.

Thanks to Chris, hopefully i can justify that promotion. ;)

Thanks also to, just, well everyone really. You've all been great, weird to think i've only been here a little over a year, you all rock!

Well, it seems that things around here will be different from this year, but I guess we'll be seeing some positive stuff come from this, not negative. And yes, congrats to the moderators that turned to Super Mods and the others that turned to forum mods (Aww, I thought I was going to be promoted... Oh well, lol. :P). But this will definitely be good for us and I guess the future can turn even more brighter if we keep adding more changes.

But yeah, seems that now we're getting back on track, let's hope the new members give a good impression on us!

Sorry tp the people i missed off... Real tired, drank too much, etc.

So, Well done to JayD, Mishom, Spaz. And thanks to everyone who said well done, thanks etc.

I come home from New Years, make a post, look at the side and say "fuck, I'm a Super Mod" and get all excited. I'm not drunk but feel it, like, I'm over over tired. I'll start super moderating when I wake up, I promise!

Hehe, the first i knew was TEC's PM. I just finished a game of SAMP, my computer was still all laggy and stuff, and, i read the PM, and was like... wha? Like, 4 MSN windows flashing at me that weren't responding... Meh.

At least i got my 10+ hours' sleep since then. :)

Nice work Chris, excellent changes made. I'm glad the Warzone went, it just made people more negative towards each other TBH, and it got dragged into other topics which wasn't really acceptable. Congrats also to Sky, Spaz, Llama and rockstar, continue doing the great work. :)