#141 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:37 PM

@ Bateman
I do agree Barca have been on fire, however United probably got the edge as Barca have 3 of the 4 first team defenders out through injuries or suspension which could mean United exposing their defence, if Ferdinance is fit, there is not better centre back pairing that Ferdinand and Vidic, they are just unstoppable, plus a lot depends on Messi, he hasn't played well against English teams for a very long time, hasn't scored against English opposition in 10 games, for me though if Ronaldo or Rooney are playing well United will win.

Also, Iniesta and Henry may miss the game, and I believe Marquez is suspended, or injured. It'll be very tight, I hope Utd can do something. Fingers crossed.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather'

#142 Gycu

Gycu

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

Less than 20 minutes now, I really can't wait for the final to start, I got my chips, ice-cream and chocolate ready :dribble:
Hope we'll have a great match tonight.
Posted Image

#143 Rashon.

Rashon.

Bingo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts
  • United States 

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

Whelp, Barcelona won. Not at all an upset but I bet it upsets the widespread fans of Manchester United fans here.

#144 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

Beautiful, majestic, amazing, all words to sum up Barcas performance. The better side won, they were fantastic. Iniesta was at the heart of everything, and Messi finally showed he can beat any team in the world on his own. No goals in 10 appearances against an English side, but now he's lost that tag completely. United didn't show up on the night, the first 10 minutes were great, but never really troubled Valdes enough. After that, Barca dominated from start to finish. And, if it wasn't already clear, Messi is clearly better than Ronaldo now. He even scored with a header tonight, which is rare.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

#145 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:20 PM

The result last night really shocked me, United after the first goal went in were poor, beyond expectation considering how weak Barca's defence was meant to be, real shock but for me the player of the night was not Messi but more Iniesta, people like him dont get the credit they deserve because they dont score goals like Messi and Ronaldo but they controll the game very well.
For me though its hard to see where United go from here, I dont think they will win the CL under the Ferguson era again, this loss also shows how good and difficult it was to win last years CL.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#146 Gycu

Gycu

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
  • Romania 

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

Indeed a great match from Barcelona yesterday, they passed like crazy and tbh Manchester didn't stood a chance, I'm so glad Barca won. Visca Barca
Posted Image

#147 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

Man United were awfull, glad Barça won.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#148 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:09 AM

Yeah Barcelona did deserve it and probably Ferguson now knows his midfield isn't as good as it should be apart fomr Ronaldo and Carrick. For me though it was Xavi and Iniesta who won the game the front three of Henry, Messi and Eto to me appeared fairly ordinary on the night. I know Etoo and Messi scored but they were both assisted by Xavi and Iniesta.

It will give Ferguson some thinking to do over the summer but I reckon if anyone can win the CL next season, its United, they just need a world class CM and a quality left winger.

Posted Image

#149 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

Chelsea won the FA Cup yesterday, by 2 goals to 1. Saha scored for Everton after 25 seconds, the fastest goal in FA Cup history, before Drogba equalised after 21 minutes, and Lampard scored a great goal with his left foot after 72 minutes. There's a quote from someone on the football chat pages on teletext, and he said something like this:

If the Champions League Final was like poetry in motion, then the FA Cup final was akin to 2 drunks slugging it out in a Soho alleyway.

I watched the 2nd half, because I got my hair cut, and missed the 1st half. It was boring, to be honest, but Everton were really poor. Quite how they finished 5th, I don't know. But Moyes has worked miracles with them this season. Well done to Guus Hiddink, mainly because of the way he went about his daily business at Chelsea. He hardly ever slated anyone, apart from the referee after the Champions League Semi Final but TBH, I'd have probably run on and punched him in the face. Good luck to him.

Also, Sunderland and Portsmouth have both been taken over. Portsmouth, by the Arabic guy who was behind the Man City deal. You know, the one who said he expected to sign Ronaldo, Kaka, Gerrard, Fabregas, etc. And Sunderland, by someone called Ellis Short, an American.

Some links:

Portsmouth - http://news.bbc.co.u...uth/8071801.stm
Sunderland - http://news.bbc.co.u...uth/8071801.stm

Prcd1Cj.jpg

#150 MishoM

MishoM

Made Man

• Super Mods
  • 836 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:37 AM

LOL Real Madrid broke the record in buying Kaka, then two days later broke the record they just set in buying Ronaldo-- $120 million (USD)! I also heard they're on the verge of getting David Villa from Valencia. Such a waste of money in my opinion (except for Villa, although I don't think he should go to Madrid anyway).

So everyone, who do you guys think will replace Ronaldo at Old Trafford? Tevez is almost definitely going so I would count him out, and I'm pretty sure Ribery said he wouldn't be moving to England. So.. I hope they move Rooney around to his normal spot, where he plays for England National Team.

Anyway, as long as Tosic gets some first team time I'm happy. :) Him, Vidic, and Ljajic all on one team is going to amazing. MUFC aka little Serbia National Team. :)!
twitter.com/mishomilosevski

#151 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

Real Madrid are signing 'Superstar' players, they know they'll get all that money back through shirt sales, they needed these signings after Beckham went.
But for all the Ronaldo's and Kaka's of this world, they are not going to sort Real's huge defensive problems and their club politics. Before this summer I would have said that Madrid had a pretty good attack with the likes of Sneijder, Van Der Vaart, Robben, Huigain etc. But there defense it very poor, has been exposed by Liverpool in the Champions League and Barcelona with that 6 - 2 win.

For me if Real want to get somewhere they need the sort our their problems in the boardroom and buy quality defenders (which are quite difficult to get a hold of at the moment).
________________________________________________________________________________

Now on to Manchester United, they will be sad to see Ronaldo leaving but it wont be the end of United, as Mishom pointed out earlier Rooney can return to his preferred position meaning he can play a lot better (like he does for England), only problem is the right side which will need sorting out, and a creative midfielder (who can score goals) Ribery's price tag is far too much and I think United might go for Luis Valencia (Wigan Ath.) as he is a cheaper option but is he good enough?
Other options are changing the formation all together and going 4 3 3 with Rooney, Tevez (assuming he is bought which is likely now) and Berbatov up front.

Or you could buy Silva, whatever the outcome though I think that Sir Alex has probably prepared for this moment and will have had a good look at all the different players. Ronaldo is irreplaceable, just like Van Nistelrooy, Roy Keane, Beckham and countless others are to United, doesn't mean they will become unsuccessful, just means they will have to change their style a bit etc.

This is quite a long post

Posted Image

#152 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

Real Madrid are signing 'Superstar' players, they know they'll get all that money back through shirt sales, they needed these signings after Beckham went.
But for all the Ronaldo's and Kaka's of this world, they are not going to sort Real's huge defensive problems and their club politics. Before this summer I would have said that Madrid had a pretty good attack with the likes of Sneijder, Van Der Vaart, Robben, Huigain etc. But there defense it very poor, has been exposed by Liverpool in the Champions League and Barcelona with that 6 - 2 win.

For me if Real want to get somewhere they need the sort our their problems in the boardroom and buy quality defenders (which are quite difficult to get a hold of at the moment).
________________________________________________________________________________

Now on to Manchester United, they will be sad to see Ronaldo leaving but it wont be the end of United, as Mishom pointed out earlier Rooney can return to his preferred position meaning he can play a lot better (like he does for England), only problem is the right side which will need sorting out, and a creative midfielder (who can score goals) Ribery's price tag is far too much and I think United might go for Luis Valencia (Wigan Ath.) as he is a cheaper option but is he good enough?
Other options are changing the formation all together and going 4 3 3 with Rooney, Tevez (assuming he is bought which is likely now) and Berbatov up front.

Or you could buy Silva, whatever the outcome though I think that Sir Alex has probably prepared for this moment and will have had a good look at all the different players. Ronaldo is irreplaceable, just like Van Nistelrooy, Roy Keane, Beckham and countless others are to United, doesn't mean they will become unsuccessful, just means they will have to change their style a bit etc.

This is quite a long post

I agree with you about Real Madrid, a team without a good defense can never even get close to the likes of Barça, etc...
But I think that C.Ronaldo leaving Man United is no prob, I mean they have players there that I feel that have more talent like Berbatov and Rooney, they don't need C.Ronaldo that much.

Edited by Ivan, 12 June 2009 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#153 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

I think these targets are quite accurate:

Benzema - Striker - Lyon
Valencia - Midfielder - Wigan
Villa - Striker - Valencia
Silva - Midfielder - Valencia

There were other targets mentioned as well, but I doubt they're true. One of them is called Dodo, who's a midfielder. The names above are probably the main targets now, I think.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

#154 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hmm, they should have enough money to buy any of those but the one I like the most is Villa.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#155 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:30 AM

Villa is good but lets be honest I dont think he would survive in the premiership, United for all we know may not be buying a striker but more a right side winger, Valencia and Silva will not be bad additions, however now that United have supposedly 100 million to spend, everyone players value is going to rocket. I mean come on, Valencia is not worth 18 million.

Posted Image

#156 MishoM

MishoM

Made Man

• Super Mods
  • 836 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:09 PM

David Villa can't survive in the Premiership? Come on! That's got to be a joke! He's one of the leading goal scorers in La Liga, Spain NT's best striker and arguably one of the best forwards in the world, period. Chelsea, Manchester Utd., Manchester City, they all want him-- they wouldn't if they thought he couldn't handle it.

I doubt he'll leave La Liga, though. Last I heard Valencia want something like 40+million AND a player on loan or something? I heard they wanted Bojan on loan and the money from Barca but they didn't want to loan out Bojan so that fell through.

Personally I think Silva would be great.
twitter.com/mishomilosevski

#157 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:14 AM

David Villa can't survive in the Premiership? Come on! That's got to be a joke! He's one of the leading goal scorers in La Liga, Spain NT's best striker and arguably one of the best forwards in the world, period. Chelsea, Manchester Utd., Manchester City, they all want him-- they wouldn't if they thought he couldn't handle it.

I doubt he'll leave La Liga, though. Last I heard Valencia want something like 40+million AND a player on loan or something? I heard they wanted Bojan on loan and the money from Barca but they didn't want to loan out Bojan so that fell through.

Personally I think Silva would be great.

Yeah, Silva seems to be just what Man United need.
And 40 million? That's crazy but I guess that teams like Manchester City,etc.. don't really have a prob with that.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#158 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:53 PM

Mini Bump

Real Madrid are signing Karim Benzema on a six year contract and are also after Ribery, there front line is going to be monstorous even if they have an mediocre defence

*Providing they get Ribery - possible front 6

Ribery - Gago - Kaka - Ronaldo

------Benzema---RVN/Higuain---

To me on paper that is probably the best front 6 in the world, but I don't know if they will gel together well.

Onto Man United, they signed Luus Antonio Valencia yesterday for a direct replacement to Ronaldo but I still think they need a striker as they will struggle for goals now Ronaldo has gone. Not sure which striker to go for now Benzema is going to Real Madrid.

Posted Image

#159 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:41 PM

Fuckimg shit, Real Madrid has way too much money, their offence will be insanely good.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#160 Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:05 PM

Fuckimg shit, Real Madrid has way too much money, their offence will be insanely good.

As much stars you see in their team, Barcelona always ends up besting em somehow.

Serves the cunts right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users