Soccer TALK

barcafc

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, that was a very weakened Manchester United squad, without a doubt. They didn't start with Berbatov, Valencia, Ferdinand (right?), Vidic, or even Tosic (who, although he may not start, he could definitely come off the bench and bring some extra creativity and boost the attack). Nothing to worry about IMO. And besides, we all know Manchester United already have boughten their next midfield star, he goes by the name of Adem Ljajic! Without a doubt, the number one 17-year-old in the world. I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature in the Premier League when he comes in Jan., but I think his real Premier League career will start next season. Who knows though. :)!

As for Europa League, there were four teams in that from Serbia. Two got knocked out, and there are two left. My team, FK Partizan, tied their first leg 1-1 but were clearly the better team, they should do much better on the next leg as I predict the other guys will be playing some bunker-down football. I think with Adem Ljajic's dribbling, he'll get through once and it'll be enough to set up a goal. :)! The other team, Crvena Zvezda Beograd, (Red Star Belgrade), former Champion's League champs, lost 0-3, but they always tend to play x10 better at home so I'm not saying their out yet.

I dont know what the deal with Tosic, he hasn't played yet and wasn't on the bench either. Seems strange paying all that money and he hasn't featured at all in three Premier League games. Anyway Man Utd were back on track, they beat Wigan 5 nil but I think that Burnley result might cost them later on in the season.

Man City are spending ridiculous amounts of money, they are buying Joleon Lescott for 24 Million, they way they are going I expect Man City to be a top 4 team by next season.

First, that was a very weakened Manchester United squad, without a doubt. They didn't start with Berbatov, Valencia, Ferdinand (right?), Vidic, or even Tosic (who, although he may not start, he could definitely come off the bench and bring some extra creativity and boost the attack). Nothing to worry about IMO. And besides, we all know Manchester United already have boughten their next midfield star, he goes by the name of Adem Ljajic! Without a doubt, the number one 17-year-old in the world. I wouldn't be surprised to see him feature in the Premier League when he comes in Jan., but I think his real Premier League career will start next season. Who knows though. :)!

As for Europa League, there were four teams in that from Serbia. Two got knocked out, and there are two left. My team, FK Partizan, tied their first leg 1-1 but were clearly the better team, they should do much better on the next leg as I predict the other guys will be playing some bunker-down football. I think with Adem Ljajic's dribbling, he'll get through once and it'll be enough to set up a goal. :)! The other team, Crvena Zvezda Beograd, (Red Star Belgrade), former Champion's League champs, lost 0-3, but they always tend to play x10 better at home so I'm not saying their out yet.

That happens a lot with big teams, Barcelona paid like 14 million or something like that for Keirrison and now he's in Benfica for 2 years because of a loan.

Last night, 4 Romanian teams went into Europa League Groups. But damn it, Dinamo Bucharest turned the score, from 3-0 ( Slovan Liberec won with 3-0 at first round because some Dinamo fans entered the field, so UEFA gave them 3-0 ) to 3-3 then it went to extra-time, after that at penalty's. I almost fainted, there were 9 penalty shoot-outs. All that tension, haha, made me sometimes scream and got very nervous. But still, Dinamo won 9-8 at penalty's, with a total score of 12-11 ( lol ).

And our Champions, Unirea Urziceni, got in group G with Stuttgart, Sevillia and Glasgow Rangers. Good group. In my opinion, Group C and Group F are looking tight.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x20-YoRulR8

^

Thats part of what happened when Millwall played West Ham

Anyway did anyone watch the Manchester derby today, Man Utd just scraped a 4 - 3 win and the game was just great, it had everything (apart from a sending off), everything was soo unexpected, whenever United score, city replied, when city made it 3-3 everyone thought it was going to end in a draw, then Owen pops up at the end to score. Best game of the Premier League this season so far.

• 10 months later...

Bump. Watch the Community Shield live here - http://www.tvlivoo.net/ch1.html

What's your hopes for the new football season?

EDIT: That site went offline a while ago, but it was decent quality there. I found another link and watched the rest of it, it finished 3-1 to Man U against Chelsea.

Edited by The Bossman

• 5 months later...

They won't though, although they're still not quite out of the title race yet. 90% certain they won't win the title. Man U will retain their form and win the title this season. Arsenals defence is too fragile for a prolonged attack for the title, perfect evidence in the Newcastle game, 4-0 up after 20 odd minutes, 4-4 final score. Man City are doing well, but it's too soon for them to win it, plus they're played an extra game than Man U.

It's arguably their only bad performance this season. They haven't performed well this season but they still keep getting results, so they have a great chance. Other teams are slipping up a lot too. Never would have thought Arsenal would draw against Newcastle, no way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah.. Don't really see that happening as long as Abramovich's around though.

CL quarter final draws are out.

Chelsea vs Man Utd

Madrid vs Tottenham

Inter vs Schalke

Barca vs Shakhtar

ManU fans are gonna go bloody full retard if they mange to beat us in any of the three matches.

Bayern vs. Inter match was bloody retarded. Didn't expect them to be out so early, so disappointed.

The Europa League is getting interesting, 3 portuguese teams could be in the semi finals, it would be amazing. Benfica got a decent draw, PSV is completely manageable and I'll be goint to Lisboa to see the first leg, and if we go all the way to the finals then I'll watch all of it live, hopefully, things like these don't happen often so I gotta seize the opportunity.

Liverpool played really badly against Braga. And I hate Braga so that's a shame.

Benfica started the season in super shitty form, making us lose lots of points and eventually the championship but right now we're playing really well, even though the players are kinda tired.

But yeah, being at Estadio Da Luz will be amazing, everyone cheering, the stadium full of red, it's gonna be beautiful, I normally don't go there cuz it's in Lisbon and I hate to travel there and then there's school but this time's different.