Soccer TALK

barcafc

Real Madrid are signing 'Superstar' players, they know they'll get all that money back through shirt sales, they needed these signings after Beckham went.

But for all the Ronaldo's and Kaka's of this world, they are not going to sort Real's huge defensive problems and their club politics. Before this summer I would have said that Madrid had a pretty good attack with the likes of Sneijder, Van Der Vaart, Robben, Huigain etc. But there defense it very poor, has been exposed by Liverpool in the Champions League and Barcelona with that 6 - 2 win.

For me if Real want to get somewhere they need the sort our their problems in the boardroom and buy quality defenders (which are quite difficult to get a hold of at the moment).

________________________________________________________________________________

Now on to Manchester United, they will be sad to see Ronaldo leaving but it wont be the end of United, as Mishom pointed out earlier Rooney can return to his preferred position meaning he can play a lot better (like he does for England), only problem is the right side which will need sorting out, and a creative midfielder (who can score goals) Ribery's price tag is far too much and I think United might go for Luis Valencia (Wigan Ath.) as he is a cheaper option but is he good enough?

Other options are changing the formation all together and going 4 3 3 with Rooney, Tevez (assuming he is bought which is likely now) and Berbatov up front.

Or you could buy Silva, whatever the outcome though I think that Sir Alex has probably prepared for this moment and will have had a good look at all the different players. Ronaldo is irreplaceable, just like Van Nistelrooy, Roy Keane, Beckham and countless others are to United, doesn't mean they will become unsuccessful, just means they will have to change their style a bit etc.

This is quite a long post

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Madrid are signing 'Superstar' players, they know they'll get all that money back through shirt sales, they needed these signings after Beckham went.

But for all the Ronaldo's and Kaka's of this world, they are not going to sort Real's huge defensive problems and their club politics. Before this summer I would have said that Madrid had a pretty good attack with the likes of Sneijder, Van Der Vaart, Robben, Huigain etc. But there defense it very poor, has been exposed by Liverpool in the Champions League and Barcelona with that 6 - 2 win.

For me if Real want to get somewhere they need the sort our their problems in the boardroom and buy quality defenders (which are quite difficult to get a hold of at the moment).

________________________________________________________________________________

Now on to Manchester United, they will be sad to see Ronaldo leaving but it wont be the end of United, as Mishom pointed out earlier Rooney can return to his preferred position meaning he can play a lot better (like he does for England), only problem is the right side which will need sorting out, and a creative midfielder (who can score goals) Ribery's price tag is far too much and I think United might go for Luis Valencia (Wigan Ath.) as he is a cheaper option but is he good enough?

Other options are changing the formation all together and going 4 3 3 with Rooney, Tevez (assuming he is bought which is likely now) and Berbatov up front.

Or you could buy Silva, whatever the outcome though I think that Sir Alex has probably prepared for this moment and will have had a good look at all the different players. Ronaldo is irreplaceable, just like Van Nistelrooy, Roy Keane, Beckham and countless others are to United, doesn't mean they will become unsuccessful, just means they will have to change their style a bit etc.

This is quite a long post

I agree with you about Real Madrid, a team without a good defense can never even get close to the likes of Barça, etc...

But I think that C.Ronaldo leaving Man United is no prob, I mean they have players there that I feel that have more talent like Berbatov and Rooney, they don't need C.Ronaldo that much.

Edited by Ivan

• 2 weeks later...

I think these targets are quite accurate:

Benzema - Striker - Lyon

Valencia - Midfielder - Wigan

Villa - Striker - Valencia

Silva - Midfielder - Valencia

There were other targets mentioned as well, but I doubt they're true. One of them is called Dodo, who's a midfielder. The names above are probably the main targets now, I think.

Villa is good but lets be honest I dont think he would survive in the premiership, United for all we know may not be buying a striker but more a right side winger, Valencia and Silva will not be bad additions, however now that United have supposedly 100 million to spend, everyone players value is going to rocket. I mean come on, Valencia is not worth 18 million.

David Villa can't survive in the Premiership? Come on! That's got to be a joke! He's one of the leading goal scorers in La Liga, Spain NT's best striker and arguably one of the best forwards in the world, period. Chelsea, Manchester Utd., Manchester City, they all want him-- they wouldn't if they thought he couldn't handle it.

I doubt he'll leave La Liga, though. Last I heard Valencia want something like 40+million AND a player on loan or something? I heard they wanted Bojan on loan and the money from Barca but they didn't want to loan out Bojan so that fell through.

Personally I think Silva would be great.

David Villa can't survive in the Premiership? Come on! That's got to be a joke! He's one of the leading goal scorers in La Liga, Spain NT's best striker and arguably one of the best forwards in the world, period. Chelsea, Manchester Utd., Manchester City, they all want him-- they wouldn't if they thought he couldn't handle it.

I doubt he'll leave La Liga, though. Last I heard Valencia want something like 40+million AND a player on loan or something? I heard they wanted Bojan on loan and the money from Barca but they didn't want to loan out Bojan so that fell through.

Personally I think Silva would be great.

Yeah, Silva seems to be just what Man United need.

And 40 million? That's crazy but I guess that teams like Manchester City,etc.. don't really have a prob with that.

Mini Bump

Real Madrid are signing Karim Benzema on a six year contract and are also after Ribery, there front line is going to be monstorous even if they have an mediocre defence

*Providing they get Ribery - possible front 6

Ribery - Gago - Kaka - Ronaldo

------Benzema---RVN/Higuain---

To me on paper that is probably the best front 6 in the world, but I don't know if they will gel together well.

Onto Man United, they signed Luus Antonio Valencia yesterday for a direct replacement to Ronaldo but I still think they need a striker as they will struggle for goals now Ronaldo has gone. Not sure which striker to go for now Benzema is going to Real Madrid.

Fuckimg shit, Real Madrid has way too much money, their offence will be insanely good.

Yeah but their defense is shit. That's why Barcelona killed them 6-2 last season, and it doesn't seem like they're fixing it.

Anyway, Man. Utd. signed Michael Owen witch seems kind of stupid but I suppose its not that bad if he comes off the bench. Which again brings up the question of another striker, there's been some talk of Zlatan Ibrahimovic but I mean, I don't think he'd be fast enough for the Premier League. :/

Fuckimg shit, Real Madrid has way too much money, their offence will be insanely good.

Yeah but their defense is shit. That's why Barcelona killed them 6-2 last season, and it doesn't seem like they're fixing it.

Anyway, Man. Utd. signed Michael Owen witch seems kind of stupid but I suppose its not that bad if he comes off the bench. Which again brings up the question of another striker, there's been some talk of Zlatan Ibrahimovic but I mean, I don't think he'd be fast enough for the Premier League. :/

Good for Owen, I really like him.

Ibrahimovic might not be very fast but he sure as hell makes up for it with his other skills, I remember Inter saying that he's worth 100 millions.

I think even Barcelona should be worried about Real Madrid, their attack if they gel together well will be better than Barcelona's anyday, Kaka and Ronaldo and Benzema are top players who are 'World - Class'.

The only problem Madrid have is how to accomadate Kaka and Ronaldo and Benzema and Higuain all together, they might have to play with various formations before the get the right mix. The defence has improved though, they signed Raul Albiol, and he ain't a bad defender but he is not on the same calibre as Vidic, Ferdinand, Terry, Puyol, Nesta etc.

Onto Man United, they have had probably a bad summer, they are getting muscled out financially by other clubs like Man City (who are mega rich now), Real Madrid and Chelsea, I reckon thats why they signed Micheal Owen, his days are gone he will probably only be a bit part player for United.

He could get back to his old form, because Man Utds physios are a lot better than Newcastles, as well as the world class facilities they have. Also, Utd are close to signing a 20 year old winger, if he isn't already bought. Lemme just find a link.

EDIT: OK, here - a 20 year old Winger called Gabriel Obertan. Other teams who were after him included A.C and Inter Milan, and Arsenal - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/8138952.stm. He hasn't signed yet, but is doing, or has done, his medical. Almost 3 signings so far for United. They still need at least 2 more players, if not 3. A midfielder, another winger and a forward, I think, to cover for the losses of Ronaldo and Tevez.

Edited by Bateman.

Serbian 20-year old defender Ivan Obradovic might go to either Ajax or Atheltico Madrid, for around 5-10 million euro. Meanwhile the extremely versatile Serbian midfielder Gojko Kacar may go to German champions Wolfsburg, or there's been a lot of talk of Man. Utd. picking him up too. There's also been some Italian interest, Juventus wants him as well I believe. Should go for around 10-12 million euro.

30-year old Marko Pantelic is bound to find a new club, most likely a decent English side or Italian side, while Nikola Zigic may also end up at a decent premier league team this summer. Arsenal and Real Madrid had a lot of interest in 17-year old Danijel Aleksic during the winter, and he'll most likely leave the Serbian Superliga this summer for a big European side as well.

Serbian update. (:

Man, Serbia has a shitload of talented players, I remember seeing Pantelic play, he's pretty good but I hear he kinda has a tough attitude.

:)

And yeah, lol, Pantelic is one of our weaker players, he had a bad attitude at Hertha, I know him and the coach REALLY didn't get along. Totally fine on our national team though.

We really shine in our youth- I think we might actually be able to be BETTER than our "golden generation" in the 60s. We've got so much depth in our defense and midfield in particular. Obradovic (DEF, 20- Atletico/Ajax), Subotic (DEF, 20- Dortmond), Rajkovic (DEF, 20- on loan from Chelsea @ Twente), Petkovic (DEF, 23- Frankfurt), not to mention Ivanovic from Chelsea or Vidic from Man. Utd. In midfield we have Kacar (MID, 22- Hertha Berlin), Ljajic (MID, 17- Man. Utd.), Djuricic (MID, 17- Heeenveen), Matic (MID, 20- Kosice, although linked with many in Prem League), Z. Tosic (MID, 22- Man. Utd.), Smiljanic (MID, 22- Espanyol). And for forwards we've got Djordjevic (FWD, 21- Nantes), Sulejmani (FWD, 20- Ajax), and Aleksic (FWD, 17- linked with Arsenal, Real Madrid and other top European clubs).

Plus there are A LOT of others I'm obviously forgetting, and of course there are quite a few diaspora kids that won't be playing for Serbia. Such as Bojan Krkic from Barceonla, Marko Marin, etc. There's also this one 17-year old named Nikola Saric who may play for Serbia but may not, he's currently at Liverpool's youth. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The pre-season friendlies are beginning to be played now. Man U beat a Malaysia X1 3-2 today, and Michael Owen scored the winner! If he stays fit, he could be a bargain. I think he's on a 2 year, pay-as-you-play deal, which sounds fair for a 29 year old. Also, Stoke have had a rubbish pre-season so far. They've lost to 2 non-league sides, and lost again on Friday, 3-1 to St Pauli.

BTW, I made a topic for the new Premier League season here, just to let you know. :)

EDIT: Also. Because of the new season coming soon, you can register on premierleague.com for the fantasy league game and prediction game. My username is bossman22 on there, but that's not my age. I would have put 222 but it either wasn't available or I forgot. Check them out here:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

http://iknowthescore.premierleague.com/

Edited by Bateman.

• 1 month later...

Well what a surprise last night. Man Utd got beat 1 nil by Burnley, quite a shock result and for United maybe a few wake up calls that Ronaldo has not been replaced. There was a lack of creativity in the midfield and I think thats down to Ronaldos absence.

United need to buy someone quick, a good attacking midfielder that will get 15-20 goals a season, just dont see where the goals are going to come from now Ronaldo has gone.

Well what a surprise last night. Man Utd got beat 1 nil by Burnley, quite a shock result and for United maybe a few wake up calls that Ronaldo has not been replaced. There was a lack of creativity in the midfield and I think thats down to Ronaldos absence.

United need to buy someone quick, a good attacking midfielder that will get 15-20 goals a season, just dont see where the goals are going to come from now Ronaldo has gone.

I really saw this coming, Man United have been playing quite bad, comparing to the last season, on the other hand, Chelsea has been brilliant, Liverpool and Arsenal are good too, this way it's gonna be VERY HARD for Man United to get to the top spot.

My money's on Chelsea.

No ones ever won the premiership 4 times in a row and I doubt Ma Utd will (the might've with Ronaldo), the loss of Tevez though as well has also weakened the squad, United need to do some real thinking because that midfield looked lightweight and out of ideas. Defense ain't looking too good either but thats because of all the injuries.

Tonight are the matches from UEFA Europa League. Can't wait to see them. My country has 4 teams playing tonight. Haha, go go! Can't wait for these play-offs to end and the Group-Stages to start. This year should be very competitive.

Where are you from?

My favourite team, Benfica, is going to play tonight against a team from Ukraine.