FT Levadiakos 0 - 0 Asteras Tripolis

FT Apollon Kalamaria 1 - 1 Iraklis Saloniki

FT Panionios 1 - 3 OFI Crete

FT AEK Athens 2 - 0 PAOK Saloniki

FT Aris Saloniki 0 - 1 Panathinaikos

Australia - A-League

FT Newcastle Jets 2 - 3 Wellington Phoenix

FT Perth Glory 1 - 4 Queensland Roar

Atmosphere was good but Man Utd should have scored a lot more, Rooney could've had 4 goals in the first 10 minutes, thats how crap Newcastle were. I dont usually go to highscoring games, the only other game that was a thrashing should I say was the United - Wigan match I went to.

You were lucky to go to the Roma game, I tried to get tickets but no luck for me. CL games are quite hard to go to, I am trying to get some Lyon tickets right now.

If the future follows the trend then I agree.

I am a Newcastle fan, a bit of the quiet with the current appauling season and all.

It's good to have one team in each league to support.

---

Predicting would be United for Premier League and same for F.A Cup, although Chelsea will probably make a special effort again.

When is Van Der Sar back?

Van Der Sar is back, he was playing against Newcastle, and you people need a new manager, maybe go for Shearer with someone like Brian Kidd as assistant to show him the ropes. Chelsea are playing well and are plucking away at United and Arsenal, but Arsenal will drop behind now, they dont have the squad size to sustain a full assault on all 4 fronts.

After their recent form(Arsenal) I think so too.

Might sound odd but I really don't want Shearer.

My favourite player ever but I think it's a difficult time, he hasn't been retirred for long enough. His current job is ace and MoTD needs him.

Think it would be better in the long run for everyone if Pearson was manager until end of the season with Shearer going into the next one with a clean/fresh start.

Van Der Sar is back, he was playing against Newcastle, and you people need a new manager, maybe go for Shearer with someone like Brian Kidd as assistant to show him the ropes. Chelsea are playing well and are plucking away at United and Arsenal, but Arsenal will drop behind now, they dont have the squad size to sustain a full assault on all 4 fronts.

Lo and behold, a new manager has taken the job at Newcastle. I saw 'new', he's been in charge before:

_44360488_keegan_split_bod203.jpg

LINK.

Newcastle have announced that Kevin Keegan will make a dramatic return to manage the club.

The 56-year-old former Manchester City boss managed the Magpies from 1992 to 1997 and will return to St James' Park as Sam Allardyce's successor.

Gerard Houllier and Didier Deschamps were linked with the job in the last two days but the club turned to Keegan.

They're not a big club IMO, not winning anything for over 30 years = failure. The amount of pressure each new Toon manager is put under is ridiculous, the fans set their expectations too high. Finishing in the top 6 would be a decent achievement.

• 3 months later...

This thread has came to a dissapointing end hasn't it...

There arent eny other threads about football (soccer) so i think this one shud be revived...

Was reading what had been said so far, i was at the Utd 6-0 Newcastle game too, it was immense.

Man Utd slipped up against blackburn but i still think we will definately win the title and i hope we win the champions league too...

We need a football thread...plz lol :thumbsup: