PS3 or XBOX360

WRX22B1998

XBOX 360 or PS3  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What console should I buy next?

• PS3
    • XBOX 360

Which of these should I buy?? Vote, then post your reasons for the vote..edit: i see 1 for each...great

FYI I dont want this to turn into a "360 SUX PS3 is the BEST" topic...just asking for opinion

I have a PS2 already, but since I'm in Australia we got scammed (only ps2 emulation) on the ps3...

The 40gb ps3 is $600AU i think now (with 1 control and a game I think)

The 360 is $500 for a Pro pack with Forza 2, another game, 20gb hdd

I was considering 360, but Im so used to PS2 control, it takes a bit to get used to. Also the fact I could plug my Ipod in and play all songs off the media browser thing..PS3 i have heard is really picky with external hard drives (my friend had to format his in like ~10gb partitions)

But PS3 looks cool (and is less noisy I think, 360 is so noisy)

The reason I have excluded Wii is that it is unable to play a lot of the more demanding games (GTA4 was a factor as well)

Edited by WRX22B1998

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is cheaper than PS3 (in Australia anyways)...I suppose a bigger hard drived 360 would cost more, but Im just using these prices for reference as I would be buying one of the two, although there are sometimes better deals by maybe $10...

360 is cheaper by ~100 here (the 20gb bundle with 2 games)

It is cheaper than PS3 (in Australia anyways)...I suppose a bigger hard drived 360 would cost more, but Im just using these prices for reference as I would be buying one of the two, although there are sometimes better deals by maybe $10...

360 is cheaper by ~100 here (the 20gb bundle with 2 games)

It's cheaper in the UK too.

The controller is much better too, feels better on your hands.

Well honestly...

If you want a cheap Blu-Ray player, free online play, a place to store all your music, videos and pictures. Then get a PS3.

If you want a gaming machine, where you have to pay for online play, get a 360.

Or you could just get a Wii, cus it pWns all!

Don't you have a ps3? Anyway if you buy the wii then you can't play GTA IV.

I feel some fanboyism is going to start up, especially when there's alot of posts here that are definitely marked as "Fanboy", so I'm gonna stick out of this. But fortunately, I'm going to be getting a console soon (In 08') and I really am stuck on which to buy, so I'll be sticking around in this topic to see what you guys (With the consoles) would say.

Well honestly...

If you want a cheap Blu-Ray player, free online play, a place to store all your music, videos and pictures. Then get a PS3.

Yeah, but I'm just saying that he should choose what console he thinks suits him. From the sounds of it, he suits the PS2 controller so the PS3 would be perfect for him.

Well honestly...

Yeah, but I'm just saying that he should choose what console he thinks suits him. From the sounds of it, he suits the PS2 controller so the PS3 would be perfect for him.

You are right

Thanks dudes, umm yeah I said at the start what TM was thinking...

I think I will go ps3 especially considering 360 u have to pay for online, smaller hard disk, different control.. and blu-ray!

plus i wanna get the next gran turismo whatever they are gonna call it cos i love those games..and ps3 control is basically the same as ps2

so can you plug n play ipod, i never tried with ps3

but 360, just plugged it in, and can browse just like on computer...i suppose it'd be the same

I like Wii , its heaps fun (friend & cousin has one) but I want something thats powerful enough for all the new games, (instead of shelling out ~$1500 for a new pc)