• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:48 PM

I'm going mad. No i'm not, but anyway, over the next couple of days you should see the store getting stocked with more items to buy (thanks Miller).

Hopefully when this is done we can get on with getting gangs here rebuilt. Now from what I understand the only gang really still alive is the Dragon Stealths.

No i'm hoping we can get some old gangs rebuilt, perhaps some members can take control of one and recruit people, even friends from other forums if you want to. The main gangs would be the Kang Family Mafia and Calvano Crime Family. With these two gangs re-established at least we can have a gang war (more explained about that nearer the time).

But we will also need smaller gangs to participate too, so newish members who have decided to start a gang, by all means carry on doing what your doing.

Any questions?

#2 mvi

mvi

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:02 PM

Yay, go KANG!!

#3 zimoo

zimoo

zimoo, not zimmo <_<

• Elite Members
  • 1,056 posts
  •    England 

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:40 PM

Yeah cool idea Chris, I was thinking of re-launching the KFM, now this has convinced me to re-launch it. Could someone please lock the old topic though?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:44 PM

done, I think I locked the right one anyway, I looked at all the topics really fast and got confused so I clicked one and locked it :P

#5 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:50 AM

It's tricky to rock a rhyme, and the same goes for running a gang.
My name is Spaz, and I can make a rhyme without the use of slang.
I'm the one running this shit, I'll take 'em all out BANG!
Screw those Family Mafias, like Ryan Calvano and even Nick Kang!

SCHWAHAHA! I SHOULD BE A RAPPER!

Not really, no.

Edited by Spasmodically_Insane, 16 February 2005 - 07:41 PM.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#6 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:34 PM

people need to join the gangs now, i see nick_kang has started his gang, join it people!

#7 Cough7007

Cough7007

TheDouble0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:40 PM

Great idea, indeed. Now, we can get some more gang war action. Fun to participate in and experience. :yup:

#8 Oscar

Oscar

Hitman

• Elite Members
  • 604 posts
  • Mexico 

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:28 AM

I am going to join the Kang Family, is a matter of time for me to join (maybe tomorrow), I am not sure what I will be, but I will be part of that gang.

#9 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:24 PM

Good luck to everyone joining gangs, make your gang strong and stuff, once everyone has a few more members i'll make a post about having a member account to keep all your gangs money. More on that later...

#10 crazychicken17

crazychicken17

Wheelman

• Elite Members
  • 435 posts
  •    England 

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:27 PM

Holy shit. The GTA Place? Having a second gang war? In my lifetime?

Let's hope that this time around, after all the talk, preperation, etc., we (by which I mean you) actually have a gang war this time.

And what about those vehicle rules I wrote ages ago? Will they be used?
I play City of Heroes. You should too.
Trust me. It rocks.

My FanFic, the Vercetti Gang, is awesome: Read it.

#11 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 12:12 AM

Chris, I request gangs have private boards. That way I can talk to the DS members about our bank and the universal password. We use to have a bank member and Biggy dumb gently caress self banned it. :pissedred:

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#12 Oscar

Oscar

Hitman

• Elite Members
  • 604 posts
  • Mexico 

Posted 18 February 2005 - 01:12 AM

Thats a good idea, so gangs can talk privately over a private forums.

#13 aemboy15

aemboy15

I <3 BOOST

• Elite Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 02:36 AM

Yea I will be involved if i get some more members and money... <_<

#14 Killa E

Killa E

Numbers Runner

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 04:03 AM

how does the gang war work

Edited by Killa E, 18 February 2005 - 04:04 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 04:57 AM

how does the gang war work

Well, with the first gang war it went like this:

The shop had weapons, the gangs bought the weapons. The gangs were issued a set of properties, which all had an HP value. You would use one of your weapons on one of the properties. This would go on until a gang lost all of their property. Then, the last gang standing is the winner.

-COUGH- DS -COUGH-

Posted Image

lolz

#16 Killa E

Killa E

Numbers Runner

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:04 AM

what will they win
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:06 AM

The gangwar. :mellow:

Posted Image

lolz

#18 Killa E

Killa E

Numbers Runner

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:08 AM

will they get money
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:51 AM

No. But I do believe the DS had a shrine. With alot of HP.... In the gangwar we deserve to have that shrine, Chris. ^_^

Posted Image

lolz

#20 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 12:26 PM

Well you dont really win anything, nothing physical anyway. But it's not like that. Think of real life war, you don't 'win' anything. Its just you gain a massive sense of pride after defeating the opposition.

Thats what this is like, there are no monetary prizes involved. As for private forums, you get one of these based on the amount of members and activity within your gang, plus the professionalism of the Don. I can't remember what permissions you normal members have but The Sopranos private gang forum is still there. We left it there as an archive, but I guess you guys don't have access to it.

Gangs currently looking at getting themselves a private forum are:
Dragon Stealths - for the amount of members and activity in their gang, plus the fact they one the last war.
Kang Family Mafia - As of yet not many members but the gang recruitment topic is well laid out and looks professional, not a long background story but it will suffice.

If any other gangs would like a private gang forum you must point me to your recruitment topic and chat topic if you have one so I can check over it.
Also i'm going to make another long post, about gang banks, that topic will be made in this forum too so be sure to check that out if you are a Don.

Oh and another thing i'm doing, remember that crappy Clan Hack for IBShop that we had on the old forums, well anyway i'm gonna try and convert it to work for IBStore so we can have some sort of hub for our gangs. It would also give the Don the ability to 'kick' members from his gang and also 'invite' members to join, normal members would also have the chance to 'apply' for a position in a gang.
Once this mod is made it will be exclusive to these forums and I will not be releasing the code anywhere ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users