If you do not quite understand anything here, just reply in this topic and someone will help you out.
If you have a question that is not related to this, check other existing topics to make sure it hasn't been answered before.
See Also: Gangs FAQ
- The gang system is a text-based roleplay system on the forum.
- Gang wars do not involve online GTA multiplayer (yet)
- The gang system was created by Chris exclusively for The GTA Place.
- It is not a downloadable mod for IPB, and it is not for sale.
- Anybody can join a gang, you just need the permission of the gang's Don (owner)
- Do not beg gang officers to be accepted into a gang - if you do they are even less likely to let you in
- You can create a gang if you meet the minimum requirements of 100 posts and 300 days on the forum
- You can not be in more than one gang at a time. You cannot create a gang if you are already in a gang.
- The largest gangs have their own private subforums, where they can discuss things in private.
- If you are not in a particular gang, you can not access their private subforum, and you should not attempt to.
- Being at "war" with a gang does NOT give you the right to flame them or spread hate.
- If you are not part of a gang, you can not take part in wars, however you can attack individual members.
- Gang wars are infrequent, and there are currently two proposals in the work for a replacement gang system.
- As you post on the forum, you gain forum money in dollars
- You can also gain money for completing quizzes in the store
- Forum money can be spent in the Store on weapons, vehicles and property for gang wars
- You can also spend forum money on other members, for doing favours for you
- For example, you can pay people in the Graphics & Writer's Pad to design a signature for you
- This is also a good way for you to earn your own money, by setting up your own shop.
- You get 5 points for replying to a post, and 10 points for creating a new topic
- If you are found spamming (creating useless topics/posts) in order to gain money, you will be dealt with by the staff
- Staff can fine you of points as a punishment for spamming or breaking other forum rules.
- Do not ask Staff to give you forum dollars, they will not.
Store & Quizzes
- The store is the place where you can spend your forum dollars
- The store is currently out of stock, because there are no gang wars approaching
- You can also take quizzes in the store for fun and to earn money
- Quizzes are not currently fully working due to technical problems, but you can try them anyway
- Do not point out that these do not work, as we do already know and are working on it. Do not beg for them to be fixed.