Help! PS2 GTA3 fails to save!

u1tima

Hello, this is my first post in this forum so please be gentle!

So the problem is:

I try to save a game in GTA3, it would hang at the "do not remove memory card" screen and then the game would close and I am brought back to the PS2 browser page.

After this happens, my file will not load, the game would hang at the "load successful" screen and stay there indefinitely. So i have to restart and delete the file before I can play again. Or I play without the memory card which is pointless. Gameplay on the other hand is fine.

My PS2 is unmodded and I'm using the official 8mb memory card from Sony in SLOT 1.

At first I thought this was a memory card problem but it saves and loads other games just fine. It just has a problem with GTA3 only.

Your insights/solutions are appreciated!

Reset buttons are FTW, works for most of the stuff like this. If not, the file might be corrupted, or your MC busted.

the problem is when I try to save, the ps2 resets and brings me to the browser page. It does not show the intro, it skips right to the screen with the memory card and disc.

every time i try to save it would do that, so the file corrupts itself.

did you try your save memory in your friend's house? it could work in there

if it works then save it again so it wouldn't do that

if it didn't work, reply this again

Do you mean:

1. take GTA3 and memory card and play it at friend's ps2

2. save a fresh new game

3. take it back to my house and play then save?

This seems like a problem with the memory card, but it's strange that it works with other games.

I think so too and im going to get a second memory card just to make sure as well as the idea ArtSweet suggested

thanks for everyone's help so far!

did you try your save memory in your friend's house? it could work in there

if it works then save it again so it wouldn't do that

if it didn't work, reply this again

Do you mean:

1. take GTA3 and memory card and play it at friend's ps2

2. save a fresh new game

3. take it back to my house and play then save?

yes, that's what i mean, if it's still not working in your PS2, then it's either your GTA disc, or your PS2

btw, good luck on that

Edited by ArtSweet

yes, that's what i mean, if it's still not working in your PS2, then it's either your GTA disc, or your PS2

btw, good luck on that

I have tried that and it still has the same problem. It fails to save on my friend's PS2.

Another observation I have made is that the memory card never records the date correctly.

I have modified the internal clock to display at least 2007, todays date and time. But when it saves, it shows January 24 2156! and the time stamp is always incorrect (time stamp is random).

I am beginning to think that it has something to do with memory card's failure to record date and time and maybe it is conflicting with the time of day in GTA3. The reason is I can save and load other games that do not depend on time.

I have seen other memory cards and they all record the time correctly.

did you try to save a new game? try it, load it, if it can be loaded, then it's the save memory which broken. if it still not working try a new cd, don't buy it, borrow it. i'm sure a lot of people have completed GTA 3 and want to lend it to you

2156 eh? maybe you grandchildren could play it when the time has come(just kidding :lol: )

sorry about that, seriously, can you find another game that needs date to save? load it, and then save it. if it has the same problem, i think you should seriously think about getting a new memory card -_-

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...