problems with GTA collection classics

paranerd

i dunno if other people have had this happen to them, but i bought the GTA collection classic and installed GTA1. it installed fine but whenever i try to play it, it won't recognize the CD and thinks it's a backup copy. It's strange because whenever i put the CD in my drive i get the play menu but whenever i click 'play' it doesn't see the CD as the original CD. i haven't tried installing GTAlondon or GTA2 yet, so i don't know if it does the same thing, but i really want to play the original first. anyone have this problem before?

thanks

it doesn't ask about the graphics. the setup only has an option for mapping the keys. i bought the the package for 10 cdn dollars so it's not much. it's on PC and i have winxp. i tried making an ISO of the cd and playing it that way but i still get the same error. i thought rockstar would have some kind of technical support on the problem since the original GTAs are still good games, but they seem to be focusing on the newer ones. i guess it could d/l it since i have the maps now. but if there's a fix for this, i'd like to know about it.

hmmm, wonderful. so they sell a game that won't run in winxp. i know they're older games but i thought they'd make SOME kind of effort to let people with highend computers to play them. oh well, thanks anyway.

Then dump XP and get Win2000. I prefer it, I personally believe it's better.

I'd like to have 2003, though. :wub:

hmmm, wonderful.  so they sell a game that won't run in winxp.  i know they're older games but i thought they'd make SOME kind of effort to let people with highend computers to play them.  oh well, thanks anyway.

Then dump XP and get Win2000. I prefer it, I personally believe it's better.

hmm, i differ with you there. I always here of how both 2k and XP are crap at playing games, yet when I was on 2k I had far more problems getting games to run on that than on XP, so I prefer XP

Paranerd have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

I like xp becuase you can make it look like the classic windows and i like the layout of it like at the start when it ask for a password

I hear 2003 is even smaller and more stable! are you talking about windows server 2003

Windows 2000 does have the classic look. And on top of that, I think even 95 has the login feature. I know 98 does. 2000 is just better then XP.

Yes, I'm talking about the Server 2003.

Windows 2000 does have the classic look. And on top of that, I think even 95 has the login feature. I know 98 does. 2000 is just better then XP.

yes they all have login feature but i like the look of winxp password feature

but win95 and 98 you can click cancel and get into windows

Edited by GTAVC

yes they all have login feature but i like the look of winxp password feature

but win95 and 98 you can click cancel and get into windows

Yeah, but you can't access the files from the other logins. I know, I had Windows 98 SE. Now I'm running 2k and I like it the best. I'd prefer Linux but I have gotten use to Windows I guess.