113 replies to this topic

#41 crazychicken17

crazychicken17

Wheelman

• Elite Members
  • 435 posts
  •    England 

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:59 PM

Then it's stupid. Well, more stupid. Why would you rather fingerprint up a new screen rather then pressing buttons? Nintendo is going down hill. Oh, Mario Sunshine. Best game. Picking up trash on the beach is much more fun then jumping out of a plane at 30000 feet to land on a mountain to get in a bike race and then shoot the other contestants. Also, no game is better than San Andreas, paticularly one on the shi-I mean n64, and if you don't believe me you can go gently caress yourself! :pissedred: :jumpon:
The PS2 is way less powerful than the Gamecube, and yet its graphics are way better.
It all boils down to polygons displayed per second. Xbox can display 95 million a second, PS2 an 87 million per second, and uh... ahem... Gamecube can display 12 million per second. :P
To all Ds owners, I say, if ya can't handle the heat, then get yuor fat ass out of the kitchen.

You're an idiot.
I play City of Heroes. You should too.
Trust me. It rocks.

My FanFic, the Vercetti Gang, is awesome: Read it.

#42 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:30 PM

Then it's stupid. Well, more stupid. Why would you rather fingerprint up a new screen rather then pressing buttons? Nintendo is going down hill. Oh, Mario Sunshine. Best game. Picking up trash on the beach is much more fun then jumping out of a plane at 30000 feet to land on a mountain to get in a bike race and then shoot the other contestants. Also, no game is better than San Andreas, paticularly one on the shi-I mean n64, and if you don't believe me you can go gently caress yourself! :pissedred:  :jumpon:
The PS2 is way less powerful than the Gamecube, and yet its graphics are way better.
It all boils down to polygons displayed per second. Xbox can display 95 million a second, PS2 an 87 million per second, and uh... ahem... Gamecube can display 12 million per second.  :P 
To all Ds owners, I say, if ya can't handle the heat, then get yuor fat ass out of the kitchen.

You're an idiot.

Damn you, I was expecting an argument to argue.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#43 Cough7007

Cough7007

TheDouble0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:01 AM

Errrr, let's see, the disk for the PSP scratches too easily. As much as a placement of it on a surface, there's instant scratches. Not to mention the dumb placement of the disk drive or "fliptop", you can easily press the eject button while playing. It should be placed on the side of the console like laptops.

And Spasmodically_Insane, the DS was being planned for even before the PSP was planned for, so, basically, the main focus of the DS is gaming. The PSP is an entertainment center. If you have a laptop, the PSP is a waste of cash, but if you don't have a laptop, it's a cheap purchase to some instant fun.

Any Q's?

#44 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:20 AM

Prove the DS was planned first. The PSP was announced at E3 '03 I think. Whenever it was, it was nearly a year before the DS was announced.

Everything the DS does((another words, the ability to play games)), the PSP does better. And it adds more stuff at that. So how is it possibly worse? That is just stupid, it makes no sense. Not to mention it has better games.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#45 Cough7007

Cough7007

TheDouble0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:32 AM

The "DS" was also announced at E3 03'. All we knew was that it would be dual-screened.

As I said beofore, if you want a PSP and you're too cheap to buy an expensive entertainment center (a laptop), then you would obviously buy it.

If you're looking for games, you'd want the DS. I mean, TWO screens! One is touchable! You can't direct your character, steer a sterring wheel, etc. with a touch screen on any other gaming platform! It has download-gaming ability, and LAN capability. I mean, the gaming limits are almost maxed. And yet, all the PSP offers is the graphics. Think about it.

To "burn" the PSP again, all you need is a portable or in-car DVD/CD player and/or a CD player to get your entertainment needs on the go. All you'd need from there is a DS. You can do it all at the same time!

I don't know why you'd watch a movie while playing the DS, though, or listening to a CD player for that matter, but my point is made, again.

One more thing... it can't connect to the PS2? What is that? Not even an ability for backwards capability.. WASTE

#46 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:42 AM

I know any system with touch screen abilities. But remember kiddies, Playing is good, Touching is bad.

You do know you can play online with the PSP? Straight out of the box. On release date there will already be GAMES with online capability. So what is your point on the whole LAN thing?

Why would you want the DS for gaming, when the PSP has better graphics, and better games? I mean, c'mon, where's the sense in that?

Let's tackle the whole "backwards capabilities". How can a system that is the first in it's line be backwards capable? Think people, don't use a reason that can't be used to argue the PSP.

And on the whole LAN subject, Sony said they are hoping to have online capabilities where the PSP can play online with the PS3. Wow, pretty impressive if you ask me.

Dual screens is pointless. The best use I can think of for it is to have the game play on one screen and the map on the other. But seriously, most players pause the screen if they need to look at a map the size of the screen, because who would want to lose even 4 seconds of unpaused playing time? In alot of games that could be the difference between win and lose, especially fast paced games or games like Ratchet and Clank were you must battle lots of enemies.

I can sum up MOST of your argument with this:

"The PSP can do more than the DS. The DS can only play games so it's better."

EDIT2:

To "burn" the PSP again, all you need is a portable or in-car DVD/CD player and/or a CD player to get your entertainment needs on the go. All you'd need from there is a DS. You can do it all at the same time!

Ok, so carry around 2-3 expensive electronics as opposed to just 1? Right. That makes alot of sense, doesn't it? An IN CAR DVD/CD player? Ok, what about at school? WALKING((or anything that isn't driving)).

How about getting better arguments against the PSP? I keep PWNing these Nintendo Fan Boys, and GOD I LOVE IT!

EDIT: Sorry, HAD to add this after Skyline PMed me about this topic.

To all those Nintendo Fan Boys. You have been royally served a fresh plate of PWN. How does it taste?

Motha' BITCHES!

Posted Image

lolz

#47 Cough7007

Cough7007

TheDouble0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:49 AM

Your last "quotes" said it all ^_^

#48 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:54 AM

:huh: Wait... Are you AGREEING with me? Then what was the point in arguing?

NO NO NO NO! YOU GET BACK HERE! YOU GET BACK HERE AND YOU ARGUE! :pissedred:

Posted Image

lolz

#49 Cough7007

Cough7007

TheDouble0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:46 AM

To tell you the truth, I don't even know why I'm arguing. I just wanted to make one point in the first place: I'm not getting the PSP until it's cheap. I have a laptop that delivers fine entertainment.

I respect the PSP and I think it's really neat, but not for me. I'm covered. ;)

#50 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:43 AM

To tell you the truth, I don't even know why I'm arguing. I just wanted to make one point in the first place: I'm not getting the PSP until it's cheap. I have a laptop that delivers fine entertainment.

I respect the PSP and I think it's really neat, but not for me. I'm covered.  ;)

I know how you feel. around 73.6% of my arguments start out as me just making a statement. :lol:

-twitches and shakes- Excitement overload. Couldn't they just send me mine, like a month early or something? :weird:

EDIT BY SPAZ: FUCKIN' SHIT! Chris, make this account unable to post. I'm getting confused. I already screwed myself out of almost 50,000 dollars. I have to get use to having the bank again. :pissedred:

I quoted my post so I could delete it.

EDIT: Mother fucker, I forgot this wasn't one of my forums! :pissedred:

Luckily the flood control caught me before I made a topic with TDS. Chris, delete that post PLEASE and take away TDS's posting rights.

Posted Image

lolz

#51 Cough7007

Cough7007

TheDouble0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:48 AM

Wait a minute... I'm confused... what just happened?

#52 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:57 AM

I was transfering money to my bank, and forgot to sign back in on the Spaz account, then posted. On top of that I tried transferring money from my BANK account to my BANK account. Tip of advice, WATCH YOURSELF. Sending money to yourself deletes the money.

Posted Image

lolz

#53 Cough7007

Cough7007

TheDouble0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:59 AM

Yeah, I would have been pissed off, too. Damn that sucks :thumbsdown:

#54 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:41 PM

I can't wait for the release, so I'm posting more pictures to drool over. :dribble:

I didn't know GT-4 was coming out for PSP.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Images thanks to www.gampla.com/psp.htm.

Posted Image

lolz

#55 Cough7007

Cough7007

TheDouble0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:45 PM

That's gonna be an awesome game, but looking at it, it also pisses me off. I'm away from home right now (out of state) and I pre-ordered GT4 for the PS2. I can't play it until Monday when I get back. <_<

But those are definitely some great pics to "drool" over, lol

#56 crazychicken17

crazychicken17

Wheelman

• Elite Members
  • 435 posts
  •    England 

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:25 PM

Hey, a supporter!

Seriously, who wants to buy a movie they probably already own, for not much less than an actual DVD (don't quote me on that, I don't know how much a PSP movie is) only to watch it on a screen a few inches wide with much worse quality than if you got a decent version of the film?

Well, I guess I'm just a Nintendo fan boy/convert/whatever. Plus I already have an mp3 player (ipod) radio, movie player, portable games machine, and I call it a laptop.

And, just to stir up more a fuss, my laptop is a mac. Because mac are better than microsoft.
I play City of Heroes. You should too.
Trust me. It rocks.

My FanFic, the Vercetti Gang, is awesome: Read it.

#57 Cough7007

Cough7007

TheDouble0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 01:37 AM

Well, Crazy Chicken, I have the same situation as you. Laptops are much better.
Though, Macs suck, lol, not really, I just have bad luck with them. The DS just works out better for me. Cheaper, too.

$400 (PSP) and $150 (DS).

#58 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 09:44 PM

And, just to stir up more a fuss, my laptop is a mac. Because mac are better than microsoft.

Hell yeah!

But laptops are bulky, and can't fit in your pocket.

The PSP is 250 dollars, not 400. You are WAAAYY off.

Why is it the only thing people can say against the PSP is that they already have what the PSP offers((in a bunch of different electronics at that)). No one is actually arguing the DS against it. Why settle for less? No one will actually argue the specs of these systems. The way I see it, better games((gameplay)) with better graphics, equals better buy.

Seriously, who wants to buy a movie they probably already own, for not much less than an actual DVD (don't quote me on that, I don't know how much a PSP movie is) only to watch it on a screen a few inches wide with much worse quality than if you got a decent version of the film?

The same people who would be portable DVD players, or DVD players for your car. What's the difference?

Posted Image

lolz

#59 Cough7007

Cough7007

TheDouble0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 10:06 PM

Laptops may be more than $500, but remember, I had mine already, plus, the screens are bigger for some sweet movie watching and game playing. I got my laptop two years ago.

And, actually, the PSP is set at $400... ;)

#60 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 10:12 PM

No, it's not. It's 250 dollars. Sony announced that.

Not all up for playing a game on a laptop, though. Especially mouse based games, unless you have a USB mouse or something. There is no way in hell I'd use those touch mouses most laptops have to play a game.

Posted Image

lolz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users