Stupid Speakers...

Wheelman101

well, just bought some new speakers for my comp. there Altec Lansing (fucking never heard of them...) and i follow the instructions just like they said, and when i turn on my comp. the speakers make a ZZZZ noise, coming from the Bass, and it wont go away, i change the volume on it and on the comp, and still its there, i tried trying it on my brothers computer. it works. and im like wtf, but my bro thinks its all the power my comp uses up lol ( first month after i got my comp power bill went up by 10 bucks) but yeah, its all plugged in correctly, just like the instructions say. and ZZZZZZZZzz. probably a reason it doesnt wanna work is because it says made in china at the bottom of the stupid box :angry:

so anybody? help?

EDIT: oh and it says to keep atleast 3 feet away from the screen, the fucking cords dont even reach 1 1/2 feet!

Edited by wheelman101

• 2 weeks later...

This same thing happened to me, although they worked fine for ages, just started doing that yesterday. Turned out the power supply plug (into the sub) had sort of come out, but not all the way. I unplugged it from the power point, then plugged it back in, and it worked fine. Still strange though...