What Movie Did You Last Watch?

Holster

Trail of The Pink Panther, the last Pink Panther film starring Peter Sellers. It's basically compiled of previous takes from the other films, because Sellers died about a year before the film was released. Originally, Sellers had planned to star in a 7th Pink Panther film about 4 years previously, but he died of a heart attack whilst it was still being made, which is sad. Trail of The Pink Panther is a definite 9/10, the takes they used were very funny. :lol:

• 3 years later...

Garden state.

It's Zach Braff's( JD from Scrubs) first film I think. I got it just out of love for Scrubs but it's genuinely a great fucking film. Awesome performance by Zach and Natalie Portman, very funny and dramatic at the same time, cool story, really wel filmed with some great photography and a nice soundtrack. I really recommend it, it was inspirational for me.

Next I'm gonna watch Trainspotting, been avoiding it for way too long.

• 2 weeks later...

In the theater: the remake of "Clash of the Titans". I appreciated the fact that they did not deviate much from the original storyline in order to attempt at making it more "contemporary". The visual effects were also great without being over-the-top or excessive. Some humorous dialogue here and there but no typical "comic relief" added. Was definitely worth seeing in the theater. On TV: National Lampoon's X-mas vacation. "Hallelujah! Holy Shit! Where's the Tylenol?!"

Superman The Movie on BluRay, had not watched the film since it was in theaters I believe, so friggin long ago! I really am not a comic book fan, but love the Lethal Weapon movies and as such, director Dick Donner

Before hand, I watched the HD presentation of RoboCop on BluRay, no special features on that, sadly, but it looks and sounds great.

I actually bought some 99 cent VHS films as well, decided it was cheaper then renting them at that price! haha

• 3 weeks later...

Trainspotting, what a wonderful fucking movie.

Stoked to hear you like it. It's brilliant isn't it? Garden State is really good too, or at least I remember loving it when I saw it a couple years ago. I need to see Black Swan.

I bought a DVD packed with all of the Ocean's trilogy(a trilogy I really dig)including the original Ocean's Eleven which I watched yesterday. Loved it.

Stoked to hear you like it. It's brilliant isn't it? Garden State is really good too, or at least I remember loving it when I saw it a couple years ago. I need to see Black Swan.

I bought a DVD packed with all of the Ocean's trilogy(a trilogy I really dig)including the original Ocean's Eleven which I watched yesterday. Loved it.

Yeah it really is and you definitely need to see Black Swan, it's amazing.

Ocean's eleven is pretty cool too.

Off to watch Requiem for a Dream right now, will give my impressions later.

Watched 2 brilliant movies, La Haine and Requiem for a Dream, seriously I had such a great fucking time. Also watched half of Zatoichi, it seemed interesting but my copy of the movie didn't work well, gonna have to talk to amazon.

I feel like I recommended Requiem for a Dream to you, but I don't see my doing so anywhere. It's one of my favorites.

Watched Star Trek twice yesterday, once baked, and once again sober. Both great times.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been watching a lot of shit lately.

Amores Perros- Ridiculously good, a sort of much more powerfull and moving Pulp Fiction.

21 grams- Shares many common elements with Amores Perros, it's also amazing but not as good. Sean Penn is brilliant as usually and the main chick is also pretty cool.

Raging Bull- Wonderfull, loved it.

Shifty- A nice movie, served to fulfill my need for british crime drama.

This is England- Great soundtrack and characters, really interesting, I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Oldboy- Great music, some memorable scenes and just excellent all around.

The squid and the whale- Not as good as I thought it would be but I still really liked it, great humor mixed with some equally great drama.

The death of Mr.Lazarescu- Sometimes doesn't seem much of a piece of cinema but more of a documentary, still there's something about it that I loved.

There will be blood- Really really boring, the amazing Daniel Day Lewis and photography doesn't save the awfull narrative.

Apocalypse Now- Amazing as I thought it would be.

Leon- Pretty cool relationship between the main characters, made me laugh quite a bit. Naalie Portman is pretty great, especially at such age( I think 13 or 14)

Heat- Awesome cast, good music, great film. De niro and Pacino just kill it.

Pi- The debut of Aronofsky, great movie with a seriously low budget, 60 000 euros I think.

2001 Space Odissey- Visually mind blowing, unlike anything else.

Fight Club- Really liked it, makes ya think.

Crimson gold- Beautiful iranian movie about social injustice, outstanding.

The Prophet- They get it right when they say it's Scarface and The godfather put into one, amazing.

Bound- Pretty stylish and cool, nice movie plus hot lesbians.

The Wrestler- One of my favourites, so moving.

Le Trou- Pretty cool, loved the actors and everything, can't believe some of them aren't even professional.

Out of the Past- Great noir movie.

• 2 months later...

Watched the Tekken movie they made last year. At first, I wasn't too sure about watching this and didn't expect much from another movie bases off a videogame. But I enjoyed it, the acting was average at best, ranging from decent to under-acting at times, the story was well thought out and the fight scenes were choreographed excellently. The film is highly watchable if you don't mind the many innacuracies to the story of the games, overall I'd give it a 7/10. :)

Edited by TNF

• 1 month later...